First Try at 2A Brackets

JohnJohn

if waverly winds up as a wild card possibility, I would take them ahead of most. teams played in strength+schedule top twenty in 2a are: #3 lewis co., #5 camden, #12 stewart county, #8 hickman county. wayne county #6 (1a), they also have huntingdon who is #22 in 2a. one of the toughest schedules in the state. adamsville almost as tough of schedule. you hear all about other 2a regions but i think that camden, waverly, stewart county, huntingdon, and adamsville can play with anybody. having watched waverly this year, i think this last game of the year against camden will be the toughest, because i think they are better than lewis or hickman in the other region.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if waverly winds up as a wild card possibility, I would take them ahead of most. teams played in strength+schedule top twenty in 2a are: #3 lewis co., #5 camden, #12 stewart county, #8 hickman county. wayne county #6 (1a), they also have huntingdon who is #22 in 2a. one of the toughest schedules in the state. adamsville almost as tough of schedule. you hear all about other 2a regions but i think that camden, waverly, stewart county, huntingdon, and adamsville can play with anybody. having watched waverly this year, i think this last game of the year against camden will be the toughest, because i think they are better than lewis or hickman in the other region.

no waverly is not better than lewis county...and tomorrown night will decide rather we are as good as we think we are, camden is a great team but the rest of our region is down...sure SC had a good season but look who they played and how they played when they did play the teams that mattered...waverly, not bad season tough schedule but weren't consistant for the season, seems to play to their potential at home though...huntingdon young and really slow start along with a tougher schedule but have seemed to come up to speed a little after the upset to waverly....adamsville down more than expected this season but will have friday night to make their decision whether they even want in the playoffs.

No.... Waverly SC and Hun. would have a three way tie all at 4-2.. SC would get 2nd because of overall record...Then hun. would draw third because of the h2h against waverly...And waverly would be the wildcard

The more I think about it, I'm not sure about that. At first I thought that was right, but.... I think it would be a given that SC would be second if Waverly loses but I don't think you can revisit head to head. Let me explain. First is head to head. Waverly beat SC, SC beat Huntingdon, Huntingdon beat Waverly, go to overall records then, Stewart county would have the better overall so they would get second, Huntingdon and Waverly would have identical records, but I don't think you go back to head to head because if you do, you have to take into account SC beat Huntingdon and lost to Waverly. So I'm not really sure how it would be. It would be simpler if Waverly would beat Camden or Adamsville would beat Huntingdon.

The more I think about it, I'm not sure about that. At first I thought that was right, but.... I think it would be a given that SC would be second if Waverly loses but I don't think you can revisit head to head. Let me explain. First is head to head. Waverly beat SC, SC beat Huntingdon, Huntingdon beat Waverly, go to overall records then, Stewart county would have the better overall so they would get second, Huntingdon and Waverly would have identical records, but I don't think you go back to head to head because if you do, you have to take into account SC beat Huntingdon and lost to Waverly. So I'm not really sure how it would be. It would be simpler if Waverly would beat Camden or Adamsville would beat Huntingdon.

SC beat H'town but lost to wavo, but h'town beat wavo so in case would still go back to overall record. but if a ville beats hutingdon and camden beats wavo then wavo still gets second because of head to head against SC and a'ville would get the wildcard i think if he get a wildvard for our region this year and region 8 doesnt get it

If you lose and Hunington wins it will be SC because of overall record..Once you break a three way tie you go back tothe beginning of the tie breaking rules..which is h2h....And hun beat wavo giving them third..

SC beat H'town but lost to wavo, but h'town beat wavo so in case would still go back to overall record. but if a ville beats hutingdon and camden beats wavo then wavo still gets second because of head to head against SC and a'ville would get the wildcard i think if he get a wildvard for our region this year and region 8 doesnt get it

You are right if adamsville beats hun... Wavo 2nd SC third...

Strength and strength of schedule have absolutely no bearing on who gets a wild card slot. They are not a part of the criteria used by the TSSAA. If there were to be only one wild card slot available for a 5 win team, Waverly would get that spot if my understanding of the criteria is correct. I believe they would win all tie breakers over all teams according to my calculations. Adamsville must beat Huntingdon to go to the show. They won't get in as a 5 win team based on tie breakers if all games go according to form. If Gibson County were to win Friday, Adamsville would be behind the Pioneers on the wild card ladder. If Adamsville has 5 wins, they would need both JCS and Gibson County to lose to have a shot. Even in that case, there would have to be at least 3 available slots for 5 win teams.

Strength and strength of schedule have absolutely no bearing on who gets a wild card slot. They are not a part of the criteria used by the TSSAA. If there were to be only one wild card slot available for a 5 win team, Waverly would get that spot if my understanding of the criteria is correct. I believe they would win all tie breakers over all teams according to my calculations. Adamsville must beat Huntingdon to go to the show. They won't get in as a 5 win team based on tie breakers if all games go according to form. If Gibson County were to win Friday, Adamsville would be behind the Pioneers on the wild card ladder. If Adamsville has 5 wins, they would need both JCS and Gibson County to lose to have a shot. Even in that case, there would have to be at least 3 available slots for 5 win teams.

And the chances of JCS loosing is very slim to none. And on the other hand Gibson County has a good chance to win also.

Right now...the mid-east quad has changed somewhat. This still could change a little.

It depends somewhat on whether West Greene and South Greene both get in. Also...region 4 teams could still move around quite a bit. Region 3 teams are pretty much set unless Sequatchie upsets Marion.

1. Boyd

2. Westmoreland

3. Marion County

4. York

5. Smith County

6. Tyner

7. DCA

8. Sequatchie County

To avoid conference matchups, wouldn't it look more like:

1. Boyd

2. Westmoreland

3. Marion

4. York

5. Tyner

6. Smith

7. Sequatchie

8. DCA

So first round would be:

Boyd v. DCA

Marion v. Smith

Westmoreland v. Sequatchie

York v. Tyner

Ok got a question, in quad 1 it looks as if region 1 is going to send five teams and region 2 only 3, how are they going to keep from getting a region first round game?

They are not going to avoid it. TSSAA rules state that if 5 teams from one region make the playoffs in the same quad then there would be one first round matchup between region foes.

Wild Cards Locks Right Now

Sequatchie Co.

Cumberland Gap

3 spots will be earned tonight.

They are not going to avoid it. TSSAA rules state that if 5 teams from one region make the playoffs in the same quad then there would be one first round matchup between region foes.

Wild Cards Locks Right Now

Sequatchie Co.

Cumberland Gap

3 spots will be earned tonight.

Oh ok thanks