Week 8 Big Games in Memphis

kwc

Just my opinion and i don't know anything about ECS but CBHS is not very good so i expect ECS based on record to be the better team. Fairley has a psychological hill to climb against melrose so i think Melrose gets in front and builds the lead.

You know ... I called the CBHS/Mitchell game but it wasn't because I thought CBHS wasn't any good. It was because Mitchell is a whole lot better then their record. I don't think CBHS will lose any more games ... including ECS. Mitchell will be the number 1 seed in 8-3A this year and they will go DEEP into the playoffs. They have the talent to go to get back to the semi-final game like they did last season ... and possibly win that game. I agree about the psycological hill thing with Fairley against Melrose ... but Fairley has the talent to beat them.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my opinion and i don't know anything about ECS but CBHS is not very good so i expect ECS based on record to be the better team. Fairley has a psychological hill to climb against melrose so i think Melrose gets in front and builds the lead.

Based on ECS's schedule, i would say they would lose the rest of their games. They have played absolutely no one. Its almost embarrasing, i dont know why their coach would want to have that kind of schedule then have 3 difficult games at the end of the year. CBHS has had a hard enough schedule to where they should take care of ECS pretty easily since this will be ECS's first real game of the season.

Based on ECS's schedule, i would say they would lose the rest of their games. They have played absolutely no one. Its almost embarrasing, i dont know why their coach would want to have that kind of schedule then have 3 difficult games at the end of the year. CBHS has had a hard enough schedule to where they should take care of ECS pretty easily since this will be ECS's first real game of the season.

I agree with your premise about ECS. I don't know about "taking care of ECS pretty easily"; but aside from Cordova, ECS hasn't played any quality teams.

I agree with your premise about ECS. I don't know about "taking care of ECS pretty easily"; but aside from Cordova, ECS hasn't played any quality teams.

Oh, c'mon you're being pretty hard on us! Just kidding, you're right, we haven't. Although CPA was a respectable team, but not really in the class of typical DII. We seem to do this every year the past few years, let's hope it doens't hurt us this year. It almost bit us last year, by losing to CBHS and MUS late, both beat us handily, luckily we came thru against Briarcrest, although they are a different team this year.

Oh, c'mon you're being pretty hard on us! Just kidding, you're right, we haven't. Although CPA was a respectable team, but not really in the class of typical DII. We seem to do this every year the past few years, let's hope it doens't hurt us this year. It almost bit us last year, by losing to CBHS and MUS late, both beat us handily, luckily we came thru against Briarcrest, although they are a different team this year.

I looked at ECS's schedule and then looked that their opponents records and I was in shock. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks ... ECS is undefeated yet ... I don't hear anybody talking about them when they talk about the best teams in Memphis this year. It's like they are a 7-0 ghost. If they lose their last three games, like I think they will, I think they will have to address their strength of schedule in the future.

I looked at ECS's schedule and then looked that their opponents records and I was in shock. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks ... ECS is undefeated yet ... I don't hear anybody talking about them when they talk about the best teams in Memphis this year. It's like they are a 7-0 ghost. If they lose their last three games, like I think they will, I think they will have to address their strength of schedule in the future.

I'm not sure what will happen tonight vs. the brothers, I do believe we have a chance although they definitely have an edge over us mentally in the past. We will lose vs. MUS. I do think we will come out on top vs. Briarcrest. So I think at worst we'll go 1-2 over the remainder. Regarding the strength of schedule, it perplexes me, just not sure what H1's thought process is behind it.

I'm not sure what will happen tonight vs. the brothers, I do believe we have a chance although they definitely have an edge over us mentally in the past. We will lose vs. MUS. I do think we will come out on top vs. Briarcrest. So I think at worst we'll go 1-2 over the remainder. Regarding the strength of schedule, it perplexes me, just not sure what H1's thought process is behind it.

Coach Wright at Briarcrest is one of the best in the business. I witnessed his mastery when his White Station teams competed in 8-5A. He has a good eye for talent and putting his players in a position to be successful. As long as he is the head coach at Briarcrest, they will be a team in the hunt and very formidable.

Coach Wright at Briarcrest is one of the best in the business. I witnessed his mastery when his White Station teams competed in 8-5A. He has a good eye for talent and putting his players in a position to be successful. As long as he is the head coach at Briarcrest, they will be a team in the hunt and very formidable.

No doubt about that. I certainly don't think it will be an easy win, just feel like we'll come out on top. But you never know, that's why we play the games.

No doubt about that. I certainly don't think it will be an easy win, just feel like we'll come out on top. But you never know, that's why we play the games.

Right ... but first things are first ... you guys are going to have your hands full with CBHS. This is a show and prove game for ECS.

Absolutely is. This game will no doubt shape our season and impact our success or lack thereof. Let's hope our young QB has a good game tonight.

Why did ECS and East stop playing each other? I thought that was always a good game for both schools. Or am I confusing ECS with another private school that use to play against East?