Science Hill @ Central

HillTopperFan101

Breaking news from Oliver Springs, word has it that one of Centrals post players broke his hand and is out for a while. not sure which one but I heard he was a starter. Bad luck already if it's true. Someone confirm or deny this for me. Thanks..

Don't look to me as if Central is playing any quality teams to get ready for SH. Played Tri cities Christian, Oliver Springs (1A), and play Knox Webb (i think) which is a DIV II school.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure Patrick Albright did break his hand. Very unfortunate, but will give the young guys a chance to play. Taylor Winchell will get some extra minutes and so will Cody Hyden. They get used to the prime time, so when Patrick comes back, they will be running on all cylinders. Will hurt them in rebounding though and depth. Sturgill will also have to step up. Gotta pick the Hill in the first game. But should be fun regardless. I'll say,

SH-75

SC-69

Pretty sure Patrick Albright did break his hand. Very unfortunate, but will give the young guys a chance to play. Taylor Winchell will get some extra minutes and so will Cody Hyden. They get used to the prime time, so when Patrick comes back, they will be running on all cylinders. Will hurt them in rebounding though and depth. Sturgill will also have to step up. Gotta pick the Hill in the first game. But should be fun regardless. I'll say,

SH-75

SC-69

with albright out i think the hill by 30, 90 to 60. this would have been centrals only chance to bet them this year.

with albright out i think the hill by 30, 90 to 60. this would have been centrals only chance to bet them this year.

You are surely not saying Albright is a 30 pt difference maker are you? Because if you are you are ridiculous. The game would be no closer w or w/o Albright. He's shown nothing so far this yr. Winchell,Hyden and Sturgill will come to play tonight, although I still think the Hill will win. IMO it won't be a blowout though. C U There.

You are surely not saying Albright is a 30 pt difference maker are you? Because if you are you are ridiculous. The game would be no closer w or w/o Albright. He's shown nothing so far this yr. Winchell,Hyden and Sturgill will come to play tonight, although I still think the Hill will win. IMO it won't be a blowout though. C U There.

I think he's saying that this early season matchup is Central's only chance. Still, I see Winchell being a better option for this team than Albright, so maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

Well, this turned into a beatdown for Science Hill. After the first quarter, I really though Central was set for a good game, but it didn't last. Sciene Hill pulled away for the next 3 quarters and controlled the game. Here's what your beloved rebelrebelman saw tonight:

Science Hill: Odem's point total may look good in the box scores, but he was unimpressive tonight, for most of the game anyway. He didn't shoot the ball well, and it couldn't get going until he went down low and started picking on Central's posts. Odem may not be big at all, but he has length and skill to put the ball in around the basket. That's where he picked up the majority of his points. That's something DB can have an answer for. Chris Smith and the rest of the guys put in a solid game and played pretty mistake free. The defense was good for the Toppers. They were quicker and had more hustle than the Cougars. The shooting is real spotty for them but they found some good shots around the basket. But finding those shots will be much tougher against DB, and their lack of shooting may come back to haunt them. Played really well defensively, though. Overall grade you ask? B-

Central: The good; Tyler Devault. Devault was the best player on the court tonight. Depsite his slender build, he worked unbelievably hard around the basket to get involved every aspect of the game. The bad: Nobody got him the ball! Brown made a good pass to Devault very early that got them a layup, but I'm not sure if anyone ever gave Devault the ball the rest of the game. His points came off second chance points and creating his own shot. Roberts played a good game. He's a good player for the Cougars, but Science Hill was all over him all night. Roberts did the best he could, but give the nod to the SH defense. Brown didn't the floor enough, with some foul trouble. Harmon saw a lot of minutes and in short, he didn't deliver. Turnovers and missed shots all over the place. Vannoy really hurt this team tonight. Took a lot of contested jumpers and burned a lot of clock with his dribbling. I had high hopes for Vannoy, but tonight he didn't deliever. Maybe he was shaken being in his first big game. Central is in trouble if he keeps playing like that. Central stuggled shooting the ball, and didn't have the ballhanding to drive to the basket. Turnovers and poor defense plagued Central tonight, which is a terrible combination. Until Central can get some help for Roberts in the backcourt and make an effort to work Devault inside, this team is going to struggle. Grade for the Cougars? C- (Devault and Roberts keep them in passing grade territory.)

Well, this turned into a beatdown for Science Hill. After the first quarter, I really though Central was set for a good game, but it didn't last. Sciene Hill pulled away for the next 3 quarters and controlled the game. Here's what your beloved rebelrebelman saw tonight:

Science Hill: Odem's point total may look good in the box scores, but he was unimpressive tonight, for most of the game anyway. He didn't shoot the ball well, and it couldn't get going until he went down low and started picking on Central's posts. Odem may not be big at all, but he has length and skill to put the ball in around the basket. That's where he picked up the majority of his points. That's something DB can have an answer for. Chris Smith and the rest of the guys put in a solid game and played pretty mistake free. The defense was good for the Toppers. They were quicker and had more hustle than the Cougars. The shooting is real spotty for them but they found some good shots around the basket. But finding those shots will be much tougher against DB, and their lack of shooting may come back to haunt them. Played really well defensively, though. Overall grade you ask? B-

Central: The good; Tyler Devault. Devault was the best player on the court tonight. Depsite his slender build, he worked unbelievably hard around the basket to get involved every aspect of the game. The bad: Nobody got him the ball! Brown made a good pass to Devault very early that got them a layup, but I'm not sure if anyone ever gave Devault the ball the rest of the game. His points came off second chance points and creating his own shot. Roberts played a good game. He's a good player for the Cougars, but Science Hill was all over him all night. Roberts did the best he could, but give the nod to the SH defense. Brown didn't the floor enough, with some foul trouble. Harmon saw a lot of minutes and in short, he didn't deliver. Turnovers and missed shots all over the place. Vannoy really hurt this team tonight. Took a lot of contested jumpers and burned a lot of clock with his dribbling. I had high hopes for Vannoy, but tonight he didn't deliever. Maybe he was shaken being in his first big game. Central is in trouble if he keeps playing like that. Central stuggled shooting the ball, and didn't have the ballhanding to drive to the basket. Turnovers and poor defense plagued Central tonight, which is a terrible combination. Until Central can get some help for Roberts in the backcourt and make an effort to work Devault inside, this team is going to struggle. Grade for the Cougars? C- (Devault and Roberts keep them in passing grade territory.)

I agree with most of this assesment. Especially about Central. Odem didn't seem to try to take over the game at all but he didn't really need to. Chris Smith looked better than he did. Atleast, I thought so.

I think he's saying that this early season matchup is Central's only chance. Still, I see Winchell being a better option for this team than Albright, so maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

i didn't want you to think albright is that good because i don't hink he is, but by getting into the bench central looses a lot. but my guess on the score earlier was close. central will not finish in the top 5 playing like they did tonight, like i also said earlier their guards can't match up with some of the big 9 like tn high east also has good guards at times as do other times. jmo central may be over rate in the preseason. time will tell.

Great rundown rebelrebelman! No surprises here. Just like most years DB-SH vie for 1st, Tn Hi and the best county school scrap for third, and everybody else scrambles to stay out of the cellar.