Post season scores

chasanooga

Is there any truth to the rumor that both St Marys and ECS are considering a move to D2-A for next year?

Per this,

http://tennessee.coacht.com/article.cfm?id=36145

ECS and St. Mary's did not move up to D2-A. The article is football related, but it is my understanding that a school has to do all or nothing, so it should apply to soccer as well....

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per this,

ECS and St. Mary's did not move up to D2-A. The article is football related, but it is my understanding that a school has to do all or nothing, so it should apply to soccer as well....

Thanks for the info! It is an interesting listing with the school populations also indicated.

Could the last team listed on D2A as "Evangeical" be ECS? St Mary's wouldn't be listed as they are all girls and would not have a football team.

Yes....wish I could be perfect typer like you and not make any typos.....must be old age setting in.....

No.....all of my info was from my "reliable" source who was at the game.....guess they thought thye saw SAA score 5 goals. It sounded reasonable since Briacrest scored five goals against St Marys in league play. My source was a Hutchison parent who stayed for the 2nd game. He must have mis-counted in his dispair over the earlier loss.

From what I understand and during league play, ECS scored on SBA late in the game and only beat them 1 to 0. I have heard that a strong Junior at ECS has torn her MCL recently. Their game should be very close, but it depends on the ref situation......SBA plays a very physcal game and it depends on the calls that are made. The SAA/BCS league game was very exciting and I hope for another strong game tonight....and, of course, a BCS win would be nice.

Is there any truth to the rumor that both St Marys and ECS are considering a move to D2-A for next year?

See you tonight!

I understand. You know you can't trust those Hutch parents to call a St. Agnes game. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I really expected a closer game, as St. Mary's has played some quality teams close recently. It could have been 5 or 6 or ....., but 3 was enough. St. Benedict rises to what level they need to play a strong game. You know that from your game and ours as well. They can play head to head with ECS and I think it will be a hard fought battle. The refs will make or break the game. If St. B can play their "roller ball" style without getting busted, they can cause reek havoc.

I can't spell at all, but have a thing about the schools getting properly presented. We are, St. Agnus, and St. Angus and everybody thinks it's HutchiNson. As a duly appointed poster from the West, you are obligated to spell the school correctly. I still like Seagul as the best miss-spell.

Don't know about the rumor regarding DII move, but have heard that # 16 ECS is out with ACL injury. She is very important to their play and will be missed. If we can score tonight, it will be very interesting. Good luck to you and BCHS. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I understand. You know you can't trust those Hutch parents to call a St. Agnes game. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I really expected a closer game, as St. Mary's has played some quality teams close recently. It could have been 5 or 6 or ....., but 3 was enough. St. Benedict rises to what level they need to play a strong game. You know that from your game and ours as well. They can play head to head with ECS and I think it will be a hard fought battle. The refs will make or break the game. If St. B can play their "roller ball" style without getting busted, they can cause reek havoc.

I can't spell at all, but have a thing about the schools getting properly presented. We are, St. Agnus, and St. Angus and everybody thinks it's HutchiNson. As a duly appointed poster from the West, you are obligated to spell the school correctly. I still like Seagul as the best miss-spell.

Don't know about the rumor regarding DII move, but have heard that # 16 ECS is out with ACL injury. She is very important to their play and will be missed. If we can score tonight, it will be very interesting. Good luck to you and BCHS. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

As you know.....consistency is something that all of the teams have lacked this year! At any day, I think that most every D2-AA team could beat the other teams in the league.....depends who makes the least mistakes. All of the teams have played pretty evenly with most of the games being 1 point games. I know that both SAA and BCS have had lots of injuries which has caused girls to have to be rotated all over the field. ECS has had a few girls out with injuries too...and this most recent one is going to be tough for them this week.

Now, the D14-AAA, D15-AAA, and the D2 -A.....those leagues have teams that are either awesome or are not very experienced.....huge range of competitive levels......it was interesting to see how the brackets paired up....pretty easy to pick the top two in each bracket. However, in D2-AA....it could be won by any of us!

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/.../s20postseason/

And then, look at first round scores for these teams from last night!

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/...results-oct-20/

Did you notice....I have now resorted to typing the school names in abbreviations...less risk of typos!?!?! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Per this,

Here is the final answer to my own question!

ECS and St Marys have both moved down to D2 A from D2 AA for next year. This will result in only having four local teams playing in the West for girls' soccer....SAA, BCS, Hutch, and SBA. However, the D2A bracket will be have a much higher level of competition with the addition of ECS, St Marys, and the two schools from Jackson....and now have around 12 teams total to give Harding and St George's some strong competition in the West.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/...ions-announced/

Did you notice....I have now resorted to typing the school names in abbreviations...less risk of typos!?!?!

I swear I was not put on earth to rattle your posts, BUT that too is laden with problems. For example:

CHS

Collierville High School

Cordova High School

Central High School

Catholic High School

Oh Well!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />