Oak Ridge vs. Ooltewah

Ole Dad

Between this game and the one Ooltewah has with Soddy Daisy could be a preview of who actually comes out of the east this year to challange for the Gold Ball in 5A. DB is still in the mix, but they have to show me something in the playoffs more than the first round before I would put money on them. Right now they have not played anybody I would consider a power to challenge them.

Owls this 'could' finally be your year. You up for it? BTW this is not a slam as I have not seen them this year. If you are anywhere near where you were when you played Smyrna at their house you stand a great chance this year.

We have some amazingly talented athletes again this year. It is only our execution on the field that "is sometimes lacking". The way we played against Farragut is the team I'd like to see for the remainder of the season....

however far that takes us. If we can stay focused and play with intensity it will be our year.We truly have some talent this year.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I will be positive, I am positive NO ONE white brought up the race thing until YOU did. Between you and 'his cousin' y'all have worn out a whole deck of race cards.

I am also POSITIVE if SS had not inherited the team he did that OR's record this last 4 years would be even WORSE.

I am positive that if SS had been white, not only would he have already been fired, he would be in jail over the 'knife' thing.

That 'positive' enough for you?

I disagree..... If there was no threat then what can be said? I mean, I'm sure there's other coaches around that try many things to get their teams fired up. But like I stated before. you all are just trying to run him out of town. That's been since day one when he got the job. Even in his first year when he reach the State game you all still wanted him gone.

Secondly, who is my cousin? Yeah, I have a cousin on the team at Oak Ridge and no I'm not posting his name on her because you peeps might try to say something to him but I don't see the race thing from this side.

Thirdly, you weren't positive in your response, you just talked about the negative things you see in the program.

Now Coach T is always thinking I'm trying to start stuff with you because you went crying to him or another moderator about my post on here so I'm going to talk about the game.

Oak Ridge has a tough game with ooltewah the team that knocked off the Admirals. Oak Ridge will need to focus and listen to their coaching staff and believe they can knock the Owls off. All it takes is heart,I'm calling a upset OR by 3. Ooltewah is still thinking about their victory last Friday and they're overlooking OR therefore OR wins by 3...

If Tyler Clark is out this week, our chances drop dramastically. He is a good leader on offense, and a good defender. oak ridge might wanna think about throwing the deep ball against that great backfield of the owls.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I appreciated the "word-collision" or "word-wreck" above, as it made me chuckle thinking of funnyman Frank Caliendo (Frank TV on TBS) impersonating George Bush. Regarding the deep ball, when is Oak Ridge not thinking of throwing it?

Bldrunner, I am sorry your team is having a "bad" year. As hard as it may be under the circumstances, stay positive for their sake. Get them motivated to play a strong Ooltewah team this week, You can not fail unless you stop trying.

True enough, but you also cannot win unless you score. I've stated a few times on other threads that Oak Ridge is "capable", but I'm doubtful this week the Wildcats are "capable" of scoring -- short of an INT or fumble return.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I appreciated the "word-collision" or "word-wreck" above, as it made me chuckle thinking of funnyman Frank Caliendo (Frank TV on TBS) impersonating George Bush. Regarding the deep ball, when is Oak Ridge not thinking of throwing it?

There is no hard feelings. I had alot on my mind when i was posting that and i didnt want to forget any of it. its that great oak ridge education i recieved....(inside joke) I am just glad that someone read my comments.

i was worried that everyone was avoiding the game this week and just gonna focus on the coaching situtation. as i have said for the cats to play beyond the regular season, they will have to win out. this Ooltewah team is good, they are better athletes, player for player than us. does that mean they will win, of course not we still have to play the game.

Has anyone heard about T. Clark. I am worried. I know that Irby has a better arm , but Clark is a great player no matter where he lines up. good luck cats

Stay focused boys just like you were last Friday night. I saw both teams come down for warmups and the look in the Owls eyes was all business. No one was joking around they were focused on the task at hand. If we can maintain that focus who knows how far we can go.

Since they locked the Farragut thread I want to say thanks to whoever complimented the band. They have been working hard. Also congrats to Brady. His decision making is coming along way. There was a play at midfield early last week where he either could try to force the ball in or take the sack and he took the sack. A turnover would have been costly and might have switched the momentum of the game, so good job #17.

Does anyone know how Geno is doing? That was an incredible catch and I hope he will be back for both the OR and SD games as well as the playoffs.

Go Owls keep focusing one game at a time.