kingston vs knox catholic

jackets98

should be a hard fought game,on both side sof the ball kingston has 1 junior starting,alot of experience,and size,and something about playing anderson county,and catholic they play extra hard,so i look for a close score,and a gound game from both teams,the only thing is one sides bleachers,i never understood why schools do that,it takes away the edge for the away teams.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 good thing about catholic is they get there players recruited,every year since i can remember there has been so many players that could of played d-1 ball,but its always smaller schools,it would be nice to get a staff in here that helps the kids out a little more,this year we have got 5 or 6 kids that can play college ball,but maybe only a few will get the chance,it stinks really bad to,but props to catholic on the recruiting the kids for college.

Gangs all here again. TadVols, did some sniffing around. Sanders kid, the kicker transferred in from Stone when the budget fiasco had those kids sitting through the 1st 2 games. Apparently, he physically moved to Knoxville, no sitting. Hood kid has been living in Knox for last 4-5 years. The ones that sting the public schools are Harrison Smith (Notre Dame) Conner Irwin (Duke), Dustin Tait (Buffalo), Zak Tait (Wherever he chooses) all Bearden kids. Now you could say the same for Aaron Douglas (UT) who moved to Mville from Farragut, Brent Burnette (MTSU), moved from Anderson Co, to Mville. Brian Sommers (UTM) Karns to Alcoa. Kyrus Lanxter (KY) moved from Bearden to Alcoa. To be fair the Coulter kid who is a D1 prospect, and Smith were Catholic feeder kids all the way through. But could you imagine how good Bearden would have been with H. Smith, Tait/Tait, Lanxter, and oh.. the Andew Kirkpatrick kid who started at LB for 2-3 yrs at OR? He was a Bearden kid through youth ball, as was Antonio Hammilton at Fulton, and on, and on.

As far as Catholic vs. Kingston, I have been on the Vic King bandwagon for a good 2 years now. He has those kids understanding the Wing T, they tackle really well, and they have some good skill guys. Have a DL, by the name of Stout that is just that, and the Sams kid is a beast. I think Kingston plays better at home. Game is at Catholic. I do like how many seniors Kingston has this year, and think that will be a big advantage over Catholic. They have 4 soph OL, and 4-5 sophs starting on D. I too, like Turtle feel that Kingston might be the more "hungry" team, and that it might actually do Catholic some good to lose? Who knows? Too early to pick it. Catholic has a website that the Max whatever comes after that guy has linked to before. I don't know how to link. Its knoxcatholicfootball.com they do a preview of opponents. Pretty good stuff.

ruse?

You also left out a big factor in the Kingston Defense/Offense- Alex Roberts. Im told he has over 90 tackles so far and over 400 rushing yards. We could see a heck of a lot more from him if Coach King would stop running him the exact same fullback trap EVERY play. This kid's talent gets passed over way too much because of the position he plays. I have coached him and have been watchin him since youth league days and now, just like back then, he is a tough player and makes a BIG impact every game he plays. Give this young man some respect. Kingston wants the win in a BIG way. They deserve it.

Weather may now be a factor. Going to rain pretty good Friday, making for a very soggy field. It will be a contest of who can hold on to the ball, because they are both running teams. Hopefully, Catholic will keep the field covered before the game Friday. Catholic's field usually fairs pretty well in rainy conditions. It should be interesting

You missed my whole point, Irishbball was downing a public high school and I was simply stating they get to choose who enters there school and public schools don't, 8 to 15 % of kids in public schools are on free lunch; wonder how many go to Catholic: probably the same amount of special ed kids that go there ZERO, Catholic has over 600 kids, if they played in the same private division Webb did they would be going .500 every year, and as far as traditon goes when has Anderson County ever won anything in Football or any other sports beside volleyball.

During Coach Pemberton's first 3 years At Catholic they were D-II, they went 7-5 his first year and lost in the state semi-finals to Briarcrest, the next year 12-1 lost in the state championship to Battle Ground Academy, 3rd year went 10-1 lost in the first round to Notre Dame and the great Adarius Bowman so how is that for .500? It seems like they did well in D-II under Coach P (29-7). Catholic does offer Special Education to students with learning disabilities, they write I.E.P's and have resource teachers, and student's who meet the criteria for special ed. I brought up Anderson County's because somone mentioned the Vanns. Granted I don't know how many championships, if any, they've won but, as far as kids from Knoxville, there are some at A-C as well as Oak Ridge, Maryville, Alcoa etc. with kids who play basketball and football or whatever. One thing we can agree on is to disagree, so let's talk about the game, Kingston has tons of senior experience and it should be a hard fought, very physical game. With all of the running between the two teams the game should be over with by 8:45 (lol).

Someone made a comment that if a kid left a school and transfered to Catholic they could play right away. That's not the case. An athlete would have to sit out a year from their last participation date or move within or outside of a 20 mile radius. They make it more difficult for a kid to go public to private than private to public which is only fair.

Wouldnt be fair to the kid to mention names .... yes Fulton has recruited as has others but families had to move into the zone to play ..ex. Styles ... Fulton had to wait till he was moved before he could play .... dont you think they needed him against OR and AC and Tyner ... if he had gone to Catholic he could have played from the get go ... wouldnt even had to move from Central area ... heck there are a couple Central kids already there .... how bout the QB ... I dont know where does he live at ?? Maybe they moved west I dont know ..... but when your family can live where thay always have and just worry about the travel getting to school then thats a bonus .... where did Hood live before he came down to live with Uncle ... these are just rumors so they may not be true ... did the kicker from Stone move ?? He had to I know noone could drive that far ..... anyway .. Good Luck to both teams ... should be a good game ... both teams are running teams and it will be interesting game ...

The QB is zoned for Central however he NEVER attended Central, his religion is Catholic and his older brother (who went to St. Joseph's...a catholic school) had a negative experience at Central, that's why he and his sister who is catholic also, are at KCHS.

During Coach Pemberton's first 3 years At Catholic they were D-II, they went 7-5 his first year and lost in the state semi-finals to Briarcrest, the next year 12-1 lost in the state championship to Battle Ground Academy, 3rd year went 10-1 lost in the first round to Notre Dame and the great Adarius Bowman so how is that for .500? It seems like they did well in D-II under Coach P (29-7). Catholic does offer Special Education to students with learning disabilities, they write I.E.P's and have resource teachers, and student's who meet the criteria for special ed. I brought up Anderson County's because somone mentioned the Vanns. Granted I don't know how many championships, if any, they've won but, as far as kids from Knoxville, there are some at A-C as well as Oak Ridge, Maryville, Alcoa etc. with kids who play basketball and football or whatever. One thing we can agree on is to disagree, so let's talk about the game, Kingston has tons of senior experience and it should be a hard fought, very physical game. With all of the running between the two teams the game should be over with by 8:45 (lol).

Someone made a comment that if a kid left a school and transfered to Catholic they could play right away. That's not the case. An athlete would have to sit out a year from their last participation date or move within or outside of a 20 mile radius. They make it more difficult for a kid to go public to private than private to public which is only fair.

They would be in different division now because they have grown so much, there division would be MBA, Brentwood Academy, Ensworth, Father Ryan, Pope John Paul, McCallie, Webb. Thats a lil different than before. As far as the game goes Catholic is extremely physical and should be a good game for football fans.

One thing about it the coaches know each other very well going back to Coach P's Rockwood days I think they will have the same game plan.

Kingston should be the underdog they havent beat the Irish ever but I think this years team has a chance to be special but that means they will have to do it on the road at KC and AE. I look for a low scoreing hard hitting game.

KHS 17

KC 14

like Tad said KC does recruit I have seen it myself. (it was not in football it was a girls sport)

They would be in different division now because they have grown so much, there division would be MBA, Brentwood Academy, Ensworth, Father Ryan, Pope John Paul, McCallie, Webb. Thats a lil different than before. As far as the game goes Catholic is extremely physical and should be a good game for football fans.

That's true. Man that's a lot of traveling. Should be a really good game on Friday.

Also those schools recruit AND offer athletic scholarships.

The game Friday will come down to turnovers and possibly injuries. Last year the game was kept close due to several Catholic players getting injured early.

Also those schools recruit AND offer athletic scholarships.

The game Friday will come down to turnovers and possibly injuries. Last year the game was kept close due to several Catholic players getting injured early.

There is new info up on http://www.knoxcatholicfootball.com/, bout Kingston and Catholic. Should be a great one and I believe game is on Wazoosports.com, Ruse? can you confirm that, you are pretty good about knowing who is game of the week, games on TV, and Radio.