Mcminn Central against Polk Co.

sportsman88

tyler lee is very fast kid so yall say does he play defense? and if so is he by himself going to be able to contain all of centrals speed just wonderin. not sure but if he can then my hat goes off to him. cause i could not do it but maybe he can.

What would you know about football? Have you ever played a down in your life? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Whats up man? You coming in this weekend? If you do, my phone still works.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TigerPride, how about getting me that recipe your ladies use when they make their chili. It's even better than mine. I always love coming to Decatur to watch a game because you fine folks always make people feel welcomed, and you all really support your team with community pride.

By the way, do you all still do the pulled pork b-b-q dinner, and the shrimp boil prior to some of the games?

Sorry wreckingcrew I dont have any of the baseball parents recipe but it sure was good. Our football parents will be having a spaghetti dinner next friday when seqoyoh comes to town so we would like to invite them to try some. Our softball does the shrimp boil and FFA does the BBQ. As they say "We like to eat". Thanks for the compliments.

Howard's linemen aren't as strong or physical as Central's are, nor do they carry out their assignments as well. And the speedy Howard backs and receivers aren't disciplined and tend to just run for daylight, without regard to where the play is supposed to go. And to be quite honest, Hopward isn't coached as well as either Polk or Central are.

Nice analysis for someone that said...

I haven't seen Howard play,

What would you know about football? Have you ever played a down in your life? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Whats up man? You coming in this weekend? If you do, my phone still works.

yeah i am comin in this weekend... and i am better at football than you ever thought about being.. lol

If you recall, I mentioned in an earlier post that I knew someone who HAD seen them play. Since he played college football, and coached at the high school level, I'll take his knowledgeable word as fact

I love the way you go with hearsay, but you always seem to have the facts! I'm confused!! Bet you're a great Monday Couch Quarterback also!!Should of Could of Would of

I love the way you go with hearsay, but you always seem to have the facts! I'm confused!! Bet you're a great Monday Couch Quarterback also!!Should of Could of Would of

I'm sorry that you're easily confused. Perhaps reading more of my posts will enlighten you.

Let me start by correcting what you said: It's either Monday Morning Quarterback, or it's Couch Quarterback. There's a difference. You can thank me later.

Has everyone forgotten that this is a high school game? None of these kids are pros. And what does geography have to do with the game on Friday? Past players or wanted to be players make smack remarks towards each other. This is about two groups of young, may I repeat, young men who play their hearts out every week. They play hard because they are having fun. Both teams want to win. Both have good reasons to play and win. My opinion is that Central has the greatest desire to win. They haven't beatin' Polk for a long time. Finally last year they get a win. Central wants to win again. Central wants to protect their Regional Championship title. Central wants to continue to win this season's games. I predict Central 35-14.

I would imagine most Little Leaguers, high schoolers, and collegiate players do it to emulate professional players, or to actually dry their hands out of not knowing. And I only say this out of speculation.

My high school coach played for Army and was a freshman when they were in their heyday sometime around the mid-to-late 40's. He was taught that procedure while there and passed it on to us - his players. The reason he wanted those on his team who touched the ball during wet conditions to have a towel, was to wipe the mud, grass, or other debris off the hands. Also, he noted that the palms of the hands produce a lot of sweat and excrete oils in the process. but he always told us to wet our hands as best we could after loosely wiping this debris or oil off.

We used to have a bucket of water on the sidelines that our manager would dip the ball into to cleanse it, and would change the ball out during every snap on offense. If the ball-touching players weren't able to clean their hands good from their towels, jerseys, or pants, they'd scurry to the sideline between plays and dip their hands into a bucket of water (we kept several buckets there during a wet game).

I'm not sure, but possibly the professional players use the towel to clean debris and oil off their hands, or they just don't know to keep their hands wet during a rainy game. I do know that Brett Favre does this, and he told Heath Shuler about it, too. It would be interesting to see how many coaches and players are aware of this.

I think some collegiate and professional receivers use the gloves during a wet game that have hundreds of suction-cup type of things on the palms.

this is no doubt the dumbest thing i have ever read on here i mean come on....seriously?