Rhea Co. @ Cleveland

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love watching Rhea play and think overall they have the best staff in 4-4a but Cleveland just has to much talent that knows how lucky they are to get another shot at the region title.With all that said and Rhea's WR out 38-17 Cleveland.I will say Rhea team,staff,and fans have always acted with class in my dealings with them

I love watching Rhea play and think overall they have the best staff in 4-4a but Cleveland just has to much talent that knows how lucky they are to get another shot at the region title.With all that said and Rhea's WR out 38-17 Cleveland.I will say Rhea team,staff,and fans have always acted with class in my dealings with them

Once again no respect. The game was a fluke, or now Cleveland has another shot. Maybe Rhea is just the best team. Instead of saying Rhea gave CLEVELAND another chance to win the region how about Rhea is on their way to THEIR region championship. Cleveland was supposed to win the region right? Well looks like either Rhea wins or Cleveland wins by a meger tie. All i have to say is boys go get your repspect we never get it so lets go earn it! GO EAGLES Rhea 17 Cleveland 13

Well it's finally Friday. Almost 12 hours until game time. While reading over the thread I have seen things about how RC has the best coaching staff, how they are out talented and how Cleveland gets a second chance.

First of all the coaching- we all know where that stands

Second is the out talented- we are 7 - 1 playing for a championship

And third is how Cleveland gets a second chance - sorry RC 17 CLEV. 13

And we do have the best fans by far GO EAGLES!!!!

Well it's finally Friday. Almost 12 hours until game time. While reading over the thread I have seen things about how RC has the best coaching staff, how they are out talented and how Cleveland gets a second chance.

First of all the coaching- we all know where that stands

Second is the out talented- we are 7 - 1 playing for a championship

And third is how Cleveland gets a second chance - sorry RC 17 CLEV. 13

And we do have the best fans by far GO EAGLES!!!!

Like 'Pride said, I don't think now is the time to sit and bash coaches. That's not to say we exactly worship the sideline they walk on. I think the staff deserves credit for: 1) being able to change offensive strategy vs. Red Bank after losing top two WRs. We became a running team again, and with the rain for tonight looming, this is a good thing. We've got two D-I offensive linemen, let's run behind them. 2) Rhea has finally gotten away from exclusive use of the 3-5-3. The four man front is stopping the run, and pressuring the QB. That's not to say that the 3-5-3 can't be used on 3rd and long or obvious passing downs, which seems to be what we're doing. It may have taken years and years, but we're finally doing the right thing here.

Anybody who says this team isn't talented is drinking some serious Cleveland Kool-Aid.

As for the outcome of this one, who knows? I think Rhea's got what it takes. We have to play defense like we did last week, but we can't make the same offensive mistakes. We have to punch in for six inside the five yard line, and we can't waste clock at the end of the halves and have zero to show for it. We need to pound the rock, wear them down, and play ball control offense.

The visitor side will be loud, proud and maybe a little rowdy. Now, where are my thundersticks?

Rhea 19 Cleveland 16

GO EAGLES! BEAT CLEVELAND!

Sorry to abandon the thread last night but some of us needed our beauty sleep!

To the idiot (obviously a Red Bank fan) who said our fans were on their side of the stadium last week "screaming" at their players - not. Some of our fans WERE on the other side of the field - because there was standing room only on the visitor's side - and I CHOSE TO STAND THROUGH THE ENTIRE GAME RATHER THAN SIT ON THE OTHER SIDE with the 15 Red Bank fans that showed up.

A good friend of mine sat on the other side with his grandchildren and Red Bank fans were making rude comments to him and to the kids. To the kids...now THAT is rude.

Go back to your Red Bank thread...or maybe there isn't one worth posting in?

Sorry, I usually like to stay positive but those comments irked me.

There's a sea of yellow Tshirts at the high school this morning and the rain won't dampen the spirits of our boys one bit. I'm sure Cleveland is pumped, too.

It will be a looooong day waiting for kick-off time...

GO EAGLES GO EAGLES GO EAGLES GO!

Like 'Pride said, I don't think now is the time to sit and bash coaches. That's not to say we exactly worship the sideline they walk on. I think the staff deserves credit for: 1) being able to change offensive strategy vs. Red Bank after losing top two WRs. We became a running team again, and with the rain for tonight looming, this is a good thing. We've got two D-I offensive linemen, let's run behind them. 2) Rhea has finally gotten away from exclusive use of the 3-5-3. The four man front is stopping the run, and pressuring the QB. That's not to say that the 3-5-3 can't be used on 3rd and long or obvious passing downs, which seems to be what we're doing. It may have taken years and years, but we're finally doing the right thing here.

Anybody who says this team isn't talented is drinking some serious Cleveland Kool-Aid.

As for the outcome of this one, who knows? I think Rhea's got what it takes. We have to play defense like we did last week, but we can't make the same offensive mistakes. We have to punch in for six inside the five yard line, and we can't waste clock at the end of the halves and have zero to show for it. We need to pound the rock, wear them down, and play ball control offense.

The visitor side will be loud, proud and maybe a little rowdy. Now, where are my thundersticks?

Rhea 19 Cleveland 16

GO EAGLES! BEAT CLEVELAND!

Co-sign...

It is a hard game to predict. It could easily go either way. We've got to play the best game possible tonight - mistakes will cost us a game if we're not cautious.

Our fans are loud but they're respectful. They cheer FOR their team, not AGAINST the other team. I like that. Okay, we will give the zebras down the road when they screw up (like last Friday) but who doesn't?

As far as tonight's game goes, bottom line is - you've got to believe. Believe in this team, the coaches, the fan and the whole football program. And man, I believe in this team. Boy, do I believe. I believe enough that rain, cold, whatever...I'll be in the stands cheering FOR the Eagles!

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Co-sign...

It is a hard game to predict. It could easily go either way. We've got to play the best game possible tonight - mistakes will cost us a game if we're not cautious.

Our fans are loud but they're respectful. They cheer FOR their team, not AGAINST the other team. I like that. Okay, we will give the zebras down the road when they screw up (like last Friday) but who doesn't?

As far as tonight's game goes, bottom line is - you've got to believe. Believe in this team, the coaches, the fan and the whole football program. And man, I believe in this team. Boy, do I believe. I believe enough that rain, cold, whatever...I'll be in the stands cheering FOR the Eagles!

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

maybe against any other team, but with most of us, especially the ones that have played, we'd love nothing more than to see that bunch in blue mess up in every way possible tonight...i know I do. i wish they'd fumble every dang snap and we win about 55-0.

Theres a lot riding on this game. With it being wet and cold tonight, i think that anything could happen. These type of wet, cold, dirty conditions cause games to tend to be won by the team who wants it more.... because you can really throw the talent out the window, especially in a rivalry game. if you asked me to give one word that defines this game i'd say hate. i hate cleveland with every fiber of my body, from the top of my head to my toes, and many of them look at us in the same way. there is a reason why this game has ended in a throw down several times over the years.

From a lot of what I've heard on here, we don't get much respect, and that's what this game comes down to to me. in the grand scheme of things, we're still gonna be in the playoffs, we're still gonna have a 1st round playoff game whether we win or lose. we need to go out there tonight an MAKE them respect us. i hear all this talk about bringing back Rhea County football the way it used to be, well guys it starts around 7:30 tonight...boys give it your all and fans be loud and proud, let's bring so many that it's intimidating.

No brawls tonight. No sense in it. And that's how we LOSE respect.

Face it - with the Chattanooga area teams, we are the "country cousins" - the ones with no class, the hicktown boys. Doesn't bother me a bit. I don't need their respect to make my day a good one. Do you honestly think Red Bank respects us anymore today - with a victory over them under our belts - than they did a week ago? Nope. They don't. Evidence - the idiot that posted on here earlier from Red Bank.

We won't earn their respect with a victory tonight - so if that's what our motivation is, we might as well forget it. We win tonight, they'll hate us even more. We need to go into this game wanting that win for our county and for our school and for our boys and for our coaches.

I don't dislike Cleveland - there's not really a team we play that I dislike with a passion - although I will say I always hated playing Jefferson County because the fans were so flipping rude when we played there.

I hope all our fans conduct themselves wisely and accordingly. We're there to support the team, not beat down another school and its fans. Well...I am anyway.

GO EAGLES GO EAGLES GO EAGLES GO!