Rhea Co. @ Cleveland

What are the standings in region 4-4A going into week 10? Here are the standings in region 3-4A......................

1- Maryville (6-0) (9-0)

2- Powell (5-1) (7-2)

3- Clinton (4-2) (6-3)

4- West (4-2) (4-5)

5- Central (2-4) (3-6)

6- Halls (2-4) (3-6)

7- S. Doyle (1-5) (4-5)

8- Lenoir City (0-6) (1-8)

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've let myself set and dwell on this loss for over a day now, and here's what I think.

To all you guys out there living in dreamland, I hate to break it to you, but AJ doesn't make up 34 points in this game. Now you can sit and make excuse after excuse for the coaches, but the truth is we just got man-handled and outsmarted on both sides of the football. I understand that we wanted to establish the run, but there comes a point where you just have to change your strategy. If you're going to run the ball, get in the I, put your two division one linemen on the same side of the ball, and let the other team try and stop you. If you don't remember correctly that's what we did last year guys, and for the most part it worked! Like super said, there was just no excuse for that offensive play calling. It was clear to me that the only offense we had was throwing a few passes here and there. On another note, thank you Jacob Moffet for playing your butt off out there. I'm sure there were other players who played hard, but you just really stood out to me Friday because it's not your fault your coaches don't understand how to run an offense. Kids like you who play that hard deserve better than this.

On the defensive side of the ball we were just as poor as we were on offense for most of the game. Would it be so hard to explain to the end to keep his outside free on the jet? How about maybe throwing Walker or Revis down at nose to shut down that stupid QB draw. If we manage to shut down those two plays then we've stopped 90% of their offense. I'm glad we've started experimenting with the two front defense as well. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> The sad part about that is that we actually stopped them in the backfield on that play.

As for White County, you play the game to win it. What happens if we don't play our starters and wind up losing and a miracle happens and WV beats Cleveland. You play to win, all the time.

As for moving the game, that's stupid. I guess Coach is afraid of losing his job again like he did the last Halloween we played a game.

Region standings are (As far as I know it?)

1. Cleveland (5-1) (7-2)

2. Rhea (5-1) (7-2)

3. Red Bank (5-1) (6-3)

4. Walker Valley (4-2) (5-4)

I've let myself set and dwell on this loss for over a day now, and here's what I think.

To all you guys out there living in dreamland, I hate to break it to you, but AJ doesn't make up 34 points in this game. Now you can sit and make excuse after excuse for the coaches, but the truth is we just got man-handled and outsmarted on both sides of the football. I understand that we wanted to establish the run, but there comes a point where you just have to change your strategy. If you're going to run the ball, get in the I, put your two division one linemen on the same side of the ball, and let the other team try and stop you. If you don't remember correctly that's what we did last year guys, and for the most part it worked! Like super said, there was just no excuse for that offensive play calling. It was clear to me that the only offense we had was throwing a few passes here and there. On another note, thank you Jacob Moffet for playing your butt off out there. I'm sure there were other players who played hard, but you just really stood out to me Friday because it's not your fault your coaches don't understand how to run an offense. Kids like you who play that hard deserve better than this.

On the defensive side of the ball we were just as poor as we were on offense for most of the game. Would it be so hard to explain to the end to keep his outside free on the jet? How about maybe throwing Walker or Revis down at nose to shut down that stupid QB draw. If we manage to shut down those two plays then we've stopped 90% of their offense. I'm glad we've started experimenting with the two front defense as well. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> The sad part about that is that we actually stopped them in the backfield on that play.

As for White County, you play the game to win it. What happens if we don't play our starters and wind up losing and a miracle happens and WV beats Cleveland. You play to win, all the time.

As for moving the game, that's stupid. I guess Coach is afraid of losing his job again like he did the last Halloween we played a game.

Region standings are (As far as I know it?)

1. Cleveland (5-1) (7-2)

2. Rhea (5-1) (7-2)

3. Red Bank (5-1) (6-3)

4. Walker Valley (4-2) (5-4)

Have you ever seen Walker play defense? He can't play defense he is a one way player. As good of an idea as that sound it wouldn't work. Walker had a hard enough time friday night playing his own position to being with. Infact most of the line had trouble. You are right A.J. dosn't make up 34 points of offense, but he does open up other parts of the offense. So how do you change the strategy when the run dosn't work, but your receivers can't catch the ball even when it hits them in the hands? There isn't many options.

I heard Cleveland is trying to move their game to Thursday. Rhea knows they got to win. Fitz is not going to lose his coaching job even if we finish 7-3. That would be retarded, and people outside the program would look at this school like we're retarded too. What a stupid thing to say.

The boys gave a good effort. I don't remember very many dropped passes from us. Cleveland had a good game plan and stuck to it. I'm tired of hearing this team doesn't have any talent. You have two D1 lineman, the best receiver in the region, a solid quarterback, a kid who has been named all region twice and does it all, a linebacker who averages over 10 tackles a game, a nose guard who's motor doesn't stop, and the list goes on. Sounds like some power players to me. Injuries hurt your team, but you can't use that as an excuse for getting beat by 30. Anybody who wears green and gold hates to lose to Cleveland like that. Hopefully we can see them again in the playoffs.

Have you ever seen Walker play defense? He can't play defense he is a one way player. As good of an idea as that sound it wouldn't work.

are you being serious? he's good enough to be playing against some of the best competition in the country next year, but he cant blow up a QB draw against a high school team? lol.. get your head out of the coaching staffs butt and see the broad daylight like the rest of us..

are you being serious? he's good enough to be playing against some of the best competition in the country next year, but he cant blow up a QB draw against a high school team? lol.. get your head out of the coaching staffs butt and see the broad daylight like the rest of us..

Agreed. And receivers can't catch the ball Rhea Co.? Yeah they may have dropped a few more than usual but I'd take a drop on a deep pass over running another iso play and gaining .5 a yard. If we open up the offense we have a chance to make that game much closer.

Another thing I forgot to say in my earlier post. What was the deal with running those onsides/pooch kicks at the end of the game Cleveland? How about showing a little class.

Really, now...let's not get tacky. Cleveland played the game they needed to play to WIN...we would have done the same if we had some tricks ourselves (offside kick at one point, I remind you)....but we just didn't have the trickery up our sleeves that Cleveland had...and honestly, we didn't have the hunger that Cleveland had. When both teams hit the field, I knew Cleveland would come out on top. They were hungry...we were just there. I have no explanation for it, I just call it like I see it.

Let's move past this - give Cleveland it's props for the stellar game they played and let's concentrate on White County.

I'm going to start the White Co. at Rhea County thread right now...

I am dead serious! Walker dosn't play defense for a reason. If you would have ever seen him play defense you would understand. Even Walker himself has admitted he dosn't play defense. Offense wise he is a great lineman, but defense wise there are other linemen that are better.