RIVERDALE vs. SMYRNA

BandDawg

Might as well get this one started. Pretty much a must win for either squad. Smyrna has looked better and better on defense, but Bryson only plays one series against LaVergne after hurting an ankle. Riverdale is coming off a tough loss against WC and has their backs against the wall at home. So how does this one shake out? Smyrna has the better defense, Riverdale has the better offense when they don't shoot themselves in the foot. Smyrna probably has a slight edge in special teams. I will take Smyrna in a thriller 24-20

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might as well get this one started. Pretty much a must win for either squad. Smyrna has looked better and better on defense, but Bryson only plays one series against LaVergne after hurting an ankle. Riverdale is coming off a tough loss against WC and has their backs against the wall at home. So how does this one shake out? Smyrna has the better defense, Riverdale has the better offense when they don't shoot themselves in the foot. Smyrna probably has a slight edge in special teams. I will take Smyrna in a thriller 24-20

I AGREE THIS WILL BE A GOOD GAME AND BELIEVE SMYRNA WILL END UP ON TOP.....>>>SMYRNA'S DEFENSE IS WHAT WILL CARRY THEM TO A WIN IN THIS GAME AND THE OFFENSE DEFINATELY HAS TO PLAY THEIR BEST...>>>I BELIEVE IN SMYRNA AND I AM WAITING ON THIS GAME!

It's not do or die for Smyrna. It is for Riverdale and that's a bit scary. Smyrna can lose this week and win next week against WC and still have a shot to get in. If Riverdale gets the W it realy get tight for the 4th spot. WOW, how great will the final 2 weeks be in this Region?

SECMAN??¦??¦..great point on the home record for Riverdale. Its tough to get a win there, no mater what. It should be a great one. The Boro. will have a lot of good HS football games within their borders this week.

Can??™t wait for this one

Any particular reason why? As much as I enjoy everybody and there momma saying

(Insert favorite team's name here) is going to win, how a bout a bit of insight as to why they are going to win.

I agree with BandDawg! I can understand cheering for your team but do YOU really KNOW them???I personally know Smyrna and the team I know their players and their style of playing I cheer for them even if I dont think I have a chance: Miracles happen all the time!!!

In saying that if YOU believe YOUR team is gonnna win explain WHY?? stand up for your team and tell everyone why they are the BEST!!!

I agree with BandDawg! I can understand cheering for your team but do YOU really KNOW them???I personally know Smyrna and the team I know their players and their style of playing I cheer for them even if I dont think I have a chance: Miracles happen all the time!!!

In saying that if YOU believe YOUR team is gonnna win explain WHY?? stand up for your team and tell everyone why they are the BEST!!!

This is gonna sund cocky cause our record dont show it...but smyrna technically is the best...defending champs....If theres one thing i know about smyrna foot ball is that we r gonna fight till the end and if riverdale wins its not gonna be easy...our school likes that tittle..and we r gonna make sure we win these two games and make the playoffs... friday you will learn that smyrna isnt what they were week 0-3 we are a force in this region now...oakland...# 3 in the state struggles through 4 overtims to finally beat us....that means something...

this will be a good game but smyrna gets it by a field goal

As much as I respect your opinions, the fact is, being the defending state champs mean very little right now. In fact, I will say that it hurt them a little early in the year. Smyrna is not the same team they were the last 2 years.

With that said, this years team are fighters and have face advertised and came out a better team. The Defense can hang with anyone left on the schedule and should keep them in the games.

The question will be, can they score? The offence has shown steady improvement and is putting more points on the board but will they be able to withstand the pressure that Riverdale will bring. I fell Smyrna will see the most team speed they??™ve faced all year with Riverdale. How will they adjust to it?

I think it will be a battle to the end and Smyrna??™s D will win it for them, with field position and turnovers.

Smyrna by a TD!!

GO DOGS!!!

I got to watch Smyrna play Friday night since we were off and think they looked pretty good considering they way they started this year, but they have played a very tough schedule so far. I thought the defense was pretty strong and the offense was o.k. without the Sophomore running back. If he is ready to go Friday night it should be a close game. Smryna's kicker is very good and could make the difference!

Smyrna's offense will be too much for Riverdale.

As Riverdale's defense tires the bulldogs will @@@@ up the points.

I??™m not sure if you??™re trying to stir the pot or if you really mean this but I don??™t think your quote is correct. It could happen but I??™m sure Riverdale will be ready and will come with everything they have. Their backs are against the wall here. They are playing for their playoff lives. They have talent and they will come at Smyrna with very passionate play.

Now, Smyrna needs this win to get into the playoffs as well and they will play with passion as well but a Lose will not eliminate them as it will for Riverdale.

This will be a great game and I don??™t see any team dominating it. It will come down to a big play or turnover.