RIVERDALE vs. SMYRNA

BandDawg

Don't bring up winless Christiana Middle teams???...ok..........so I won't. But I will bring up the fact that the last 3 yrs that the Mighty Riverdale freshmen have LOST and LOST big to the other schools. That translates over to varsity , folks. Now tell me ....was there less talent on those teams or poor coaching for the freshmen? I will tell you that Riverdale is going to the Lion's Bowl this yr......after they lost that freshman staff. Draw your own conclusions.

2Priceless let me ask you something.Blackman has won everything in middle school football in Murfrresboro the last three years.They have won BIG over siegel and Christiana but that hasn't translated over to varsity level.So I don't think ,and it is just my opinion, that your argument holds very much water.Sorry.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2Priceless let me ask you something.Blackman has won everything in middle school football in Murfrresboro the last three years.They have won BIG over siegel and Christiana but that hasn't translated over to varsity level.So I don't think ,and it is just my opinion, that your argument holds very much water.Sorry.

Their freshmen teams have done well at BHS though, haven't they?That is why they are questioning the coaching on varsity. I am just saying that if you lose as freshmen and in middle school........then it makes it tougher on the coaches for varisty. Right? You can teach technique and you can teach plays.....but it is hard to teach them to not be okay with losing. I was trying to point out that Coach A has had his work cut out for him , and that is why Rankin left. He knew.........he knew.

Their freshmen teams have done well at BHS though, haven't they?That is why they are questioning the coaching on varsity. I am just saying that if you lose as freshmen and in middle school........then it makes it tougher on the coaches for varisty. Right? You can teach technique and you can teach plays.....but it is hard to teach them to not be okay with losing. I was trying to point out that Coach A has had his work cut out for him , and that is why Rankin left. He knew.........he knew.

Well you may be right about Rankin leaving. Let me just mention to you one thing.In the past, Riverdale had the same Freshmen coaches year after year.That equated into great success.Since Coach A has been there at the helm,there has been three different head (freshmen) coaches, three different staff's to go along with that.THAT MAKES IT HARD TO TEACH ANYTHING TO ANYBODY...........................

Who are the head coaches who left from RHS? I thought the group was pretty consistent over there except for the head freshman coach. I know when Sharsh was at RHS, they dominated every yr. I just know that OHS is on their third freshman head coach in 4 yrs. We won 2 yrs with Coach Hannah , and last yr with Coach Bartsch. We now have Riverdale's coaches. We aren't doing much winning.

2P let it go. Rankin has been gone for almost 3 seasons. Riverdale football is what Aydelott has made it to be. Irregardless of the wing-t....it is his implementation of lack of discipline on this club.

Who are the head coaches who left from RHS? I thought the group was pretty consistent over there except for the head freshman coach. I know when Sharsh was at RHS, they dominated every yr. I just know that OHS is on their third freshman head coach in 4 yrs. We won 2 yrs with Coach Hannah , and last yr with Coach Bartsch. We now have Riverdale's coaches. We aren't doing much winning.

The first year coach A was there we had coach Murry who was the mustang football guy last year was coach bowers who is a great guy but he is a baseball guy who just went to football the previous year and this year i do not know the guys name but i have heard he is doing a good job there.

now 2P i will admit i might make 1 freshman game a year as my son is usually playing fall ball baseball and i watch him instead of the football I do know on varsity we have the talent now you can disagree with me all you want and we will do what we have always done and that is respctfully agree to disagree...

I will admit I know nothing about this bowl for the freshmen. But I heard last Friday that Smyrna has done well the last few years in it. I heard they are going to it this year as well.

What is this? How do they qualify? Where do the play it?

Love to hear any thought.

I don't know how they qualify or get picked for it, but Smyrna is playing in it this year. From my limited contacts, apparantly they haven't been in it for a while. It will be a Smyrna - Riverdale rematch in the bowl game.

I will admit I know nothing about this bowl for the freshmen. But I heard last Friday that Smyrna has done well the last few years in it. I heard they are going to it this year as well.

What is this? How do they qualify? Where do the play it?

Love to hear any thought.

Blackman defeated Siegel in 2006 28-8 in the Lions Bowl.

I don't know how they qualify or get picked for it, but Smyrna is playing in it this year. From my limited contacts, apparantly they haven't been in it for a while. It will be a Smyrna - Riverdale rematch in the bowl game.

Anyone know when and where it is being played?

I may want to check it out.