RIVERDALE vs. SMYRNA

BandDawg

Well I'm sure not in the know and please let me be clear on this "THIS IS AN OPINON" I fell Riverdale will make a move if they do not make the playoff. They may make a move even if the get to the playoffs and are taken out early.

I know Riverdale has been down for their standards but you also have to look at the rise of the other Rutherford county schools and that has a lot to do with it.

With that said Riverdale can and should be good in the near future. Will they be dominating? No. The reason being is because of the overwhelming growth of the surrounding schools.

With that said I'm not sure that the style of play this staff is sticking with is the right fit for Riverdale. I fell it will not let the athletes shine as they could in a more wide open style. The Wing T is an offence that put less talented teams, in better situations to win, over teams that have A better skilled squads. Riverdale has as much or more talent, then anyone on their schedule and the Wing T is holds them back, in my opinion.

If this staff is willing to change the style of play to fit the athletes they have, then maybe the Riverdale folks would be willing to keep them around. It looks as though that will not happen and change will be in the future and maybe very soon.

Are you kidding??..............you are saying that the Wing-T offense will give lesser players a chance to beat better players BUT if the better players run the offense..........then it will make them worse and they will not be any good. Do you know what an oxymoron is? Also, you better not go down to GA and play some of those top teams...............check out Camden or Harrison, or Grayson and several others.

Here is a clue............teams with the best players will generally win regardless of what they run!! Wait a minute, that might not be right; ya'll have listed that endless list of best players that are Bulldogs and you ain't exactly dominating....................maybe your coach need to look at another offense.

Also, did you check who are the 2 best scoring offenses in Region 4-5A................Holy Smokes!! they both run the wing. What a crock!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding??..............you are saying that the Wing-T offense will give lesser players a chance to beat better players BUT if the better players run the offense..........then it will make them worse and they will not be any good. Do you know what an oxymoron is? Also, you better not go down to GA and play some of those top teams...............check out Camden or Harrison, or Grayson and several others.

Here is a clue............teams with the best players will generally win regardless of what they run!! Wait a minute, that might not be right; ya'll have listed that endless list of best players that are Bulldogs and you ain't exactly dominating....................maybe your coach need to look at another offense.

Also, did you check who are the 2 best scoring offenses in Region 4-5A................Holy Smokes!! they both run the wing. What a crock!

I'm not kidding, the wing t is a offence that has a lot of miss direction and will use the opponents speed and aggression against them. It will slow a fast defense down and make them play less aggressively.

Now I??™m not saying the players listed earlier are dominating. I was laying out some of the playmakers for the Smyrna side. I never said Smyrna has the best players; I was listing some of the Smyrna Playmakers.

I'm not kidding, the wing t is a offence that has a lot of miss direction and will use the opponents speed and aggression against them. It will slow a fast defense down and make them play less aggressively.

Now I??™m not saying the players listed earlier are dominating. I was laying out some of the playmakers for the Smyrna side. I never said Smyrna has the best players; I was listing some of the Smyrna Playmakers.

and your point is........................................! It will hamper good players but will enhance and give a "plowhorse" a chance to beat the "thoroughbred".

Also, remember about 3 years back...........those dominating Christiana Middle Teams (winless for about forever)..............uhh..many of those "throughbreds" now call Riverdale home. hate to break it to you, but your post makes no sense except to foster nonsense.

I did not mean that a good team with good players can??™t win with the wing t. As you stated, teams win with the wing t. And I agree if good players execute, it should not matter what offence you run. What I??™m saying is ???IN MY OPINION???, if you have talented players you should open the field and make your opponent make plays in space, not run an offence where you close the field and not utilize your speed and athleticism.

and your point is........................................! It will hamper good players but will enhance and give a "plowhorse" a chance to beat the "thoroughbred".

Also, remember about 3 years back...........those dominating Christiana Middle Teams (winless for about forever)..............uhh..many of those "throughbreds" now call Riverdale home. hate to break it to you, but your post makes no sense except to foster nonsense.

Like I said in my last quote, I meant the wing t is not the best offence for a talented, fast and athletic team. That it!!! I feel it??™s not the best way to go. Can it win YES!!!! I did not say it will hamper them. Again since you don't seem to understand what I mean!!!! It's not the best for a talented, fast and athletic team.

My point is in there. "It will slow a fast defense down and make them play less aggressively." that is what I meant when I said "The Wing T is an offence that put less talented teams, in better situations to win, over teams that have a better skilled squads."

I will say your comment ???your post makes no sense except to foster nonsense." is your opinion. You seem to feel its a fact and nothing else said is could be right.

I love how people bring up Chrisitanna middle school...and being winless...prior to that school opening those kids didnt even play football for the most part so actually those kids should be ahead of the game

I have said from day 1 you cannot win state in 5A with a wing T in the past 2 years i think most will agree that the talent was there to win the state and we didnt...(the team that won state we did beat)I know there are several on here that will defend the wing T all the way but i agree with bulldog86 it really limits the athlete...last year our least athletic back averaged about 10-15 yards a carry and that was our fullback when he got the ball he went north and south but our athlete spend too much time going east and west and take to long to get going north and south #20 Sherrill in my opinion in his SR year would be a finalist for 5A Mr football but in this offense he doesnt touch the ball enough to really show his talent

As far as the coach being gone i do not know but what i do know is that there is no dicipline on this team and they have not improved any during the year the same mistakes are being made game in game out our defense is SOFT and our special teams are not very strong..If you lose FINE but lose playing hard and with intensisty and we do not have that and we havent had it all year there is no killer instinct on the field. In my OPINION the talent is there to win

no offence otter..bu this is TN we dont care about GA football...

Thanks Riverdaleman, I appreciate the support on the wing t part of my comment.

Now back to this game. What else could a HS football fan ask for, 2 rivals playing for a spot in the TN 5A playoffs? If Smyrna wins, they are in. If Riverdale wins they put themselves is a great spot to be in. It should be great football weather. Lastly, (and this is debatable) a battle of the 2 most annoying fight songs in all the land. (USC??™s and Florida St.)

Thanks Riverdaleman, I appreciate the support on the wing t part of my comment.

Now back to this game. What else could a HS football fan ask for, 2 rivals playing for a spot in the TN 5A playoffs? If Smyrna wins, they are in. If Riverdale wins they put themselves is a great spot to be in. It should be great football weather. Lastly, (and this is debatable) a battle of the 2 most annoying fight songs in all the land. (USC??™s and Florida St.)

I had your back til the last statement FLORIDA STATES FIGHT SONG IS THE MOST AWESOME SONG there aint nothing like hearing 80,000 fans doing the war chant (since i dont think we will be in the playoffs at that time i am going to tallahassee for the FLORIDA STATE BOSTON COLLEGE GAME)

bulldog you and all your supporters are more than welcome to come to the chili supper before the game on friday it is in the main cafeteria cost is $5. bring 82cat wherever he may be...would love to meet you there

Don't bring up winless Christiana Middle teams???...ok..........so I won't. But I will bring up the fact that the last 3 yrs that the Mighty Riverdale freshmen have LOST and LOST big to the other schools. That translates over to varsity , folks. Now tell me ....was there less talent on those teams or poor coaching for the freshmen? I will tell you that Riverdale is going to the Lion's Bowl this yr......after they lost that freshman staff. Draw your own conclusions.