RIVERDALE vs. SMYRNA

BandDawg

I had your back til the last statement FLORIDA STATES FIGHT SONG IS THE MOST AWESOME SONG there aint nothing like hearing 80,000 fans doing the war chant (since i dont think we will be in the playoffs at that time i am going to tallahassee for the FLORIDA STATE BOSTON COLLEGE GAME)

bulldog you and all your supporters are more than welcome to come to the chili supper before the game on friday it is in the main cafeteria cost is $5. bring 82cat wherever he may be...would love to meet you there

I need hit a Florida St. games before I die. That is one of a handful of major Collage venues; I have not been to yet. I will respectfully disagree with your tough sir. Try going up the Michigan and listen to 110,000, singing along with the greatest band and the greatest fight song;

Hail! To the victors valiant, Hail! To the conqu'ring heroes, Hail! Hail! To Michigan the leaders and best, Hail! To the victors valiant, Hail! To the conqu'ring heroes, Hail! Hail! To Michigan, the champions of the West!

Thank you for the invite to the supper. I will not be there early enough to enjoy the fine chili, as good as it sounds.

I don't know who 82cat is. I'm fairly new to Smyrna and this is my first year on the board.

I know with me getting there after 7:00 for this one, will guarantee me a spot on the fence but that??™s fine, as long as I'm there, I??™ll be happy.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2P let it go. Rankin has been gone for almost 3 seasons. Riverdale football is what Aydelott has made it to be. Irregardless of the wing-t....it is his implementation of lack of discipline on this club.

BlueRaiderfan u got this sooooo right...

Lack of discipline.. lack of motivation.. lack of leadership.. all of this has been gone since Coach A took over. Now anyone that has been on these boards for any period of time knows that I have tried with all my might to support him but this has gotten out of control. the previous 2 years Riverdale had amazing players but fell short. This year they did have some drop out bc they did not want to go thru the crap that was going on. But the players that are there are GREAT, just not stepping up on game day.

Now as for the game.. Smyrna at Riverdale.. This will be one heck of a game no matter what the score! You can guarantee that both teams are gonna pound each other as hard as possible. Riverdale has ALOT riding on this game so if the passion is there and the players can hold onto the ball then the game is theirs. But its up to them to pull this one out bc Smyrna is gonna want to beat Riverdale at home thats a given.

Now come on WARRIORS! step up.. hold on to the ball..

and Coach A.... pound it and pass it and make this team a TEAM again!

I know Smyrna weakness on D and I'm sure the Riverdale coaches know it as well. Yes, Smyrna is fast and yes they are very physical but Smyrna's D has holes.

The Smyrna O too has its weakness and everyone knows it. It??™s QB play. It is improving and I fell if Smyrna take care of the ball and keeps the chains moving, they can do some good things tomorrow night. But they need to sustain some drives and give the Defense a rest between series.

Riverdale may be able to exploit this and make it very tough for Smyrna to clinch a spot in the playoffs tomorrow. I'm a bit concerned about this one tomorrow. Smyrna has been playing well late in the year. They could get hot in the playoffs again and make a deep run, surprising some of the top seeds. So, I hope the Bulldogs sure up these weakness and chinch a spot to defend the 5A title once again.

GO DOGS!!!

BlueRaiderfan u got this sooooo right...

Lack of discipline.. lack of motivation.. lack of leadership.. all of this has been gone since Coach A took over. Now anyone that has been on these boards for any period of time knows that I have tried with all my might to support him but this has gotten out of control. the previous 2 years Riverdale had amazing players but fell short. This year they did have some drop out bc they did not want to go thru the crap that was going on. But the players that are there are GREAT, just not stepping up on game day.

Now as for the game.. Smyrna at Riverdale.. This will be one heck of a game no matter what the score! You can guarantee that both teams are gonna pound each other as hard as possible. Riverdale has ALOT riding on this game so if the passion is there and the players can hold onto the ball then the game is theirs. But its up to them to pull this one out bc Smyrna is gonna want to beat Riverdale at home thats a given.

Now come on WARRIORS! step up.. hold on to the ball..

and Coach A.... pound it and pass it and make this team a TEAM again!

"Bear Bryant" ( a fair ole country coach) when asked about how he built character in the Alabama program.............looked at the media "expert" and said "They better have character before they get here".

Their major problem has been turnovers (fumbles) and the major culprit has been at mainly one position. Now this being said...........there is only one sure-fire way to get that Riverdale QB to stop fumbling so much, and that is let someone else play QB. *note fumbles were diminished vs Dickson Co. and Lebanon (ya know the team that beat Lebanon) and they won handily. The fumbling phenomenom appeared again last week vs WC and they lost.

Do they have another QB?

If Riverdale has minimal fumbles vs Smyrna.................I say they will win!.................their offense is actually quite good (sans fumbles) and they will score vs a "good" Smyrna defense, but Smyrna offense probably not be able to match that with scores vs a good Riverdale "D".

toga-toga

"Bear Bryant" ( a fair ole country coach) when asked about how he built character in the Alabama program.............looked at the media "expert" and said "They better have character before they get here".

Their major problem has been turnovers (fumbles) and the major culprit has been at mainly one position. Now this being said...........there is only one sure-fire way to get that Riverdale QB to stop fumbling so much, and that is let someone else play QB. *note fumbles were diminished vs Dickson Co. and Lebanon (ya know the team that beat Lebanon) and they won handily. The fumbling phenomenom appeared again last week vs WC and they lost.

Do they have another QB?

If Riverdale has minimal fumbles vs Smyrna.................I say they will win!.................their offense is actually quite good (sans fumbles) and they will score vs a "good" Smyrna defense, but Smyrna offense probably not be able to match that with scores vs a good Riverdale "D".

toga-toga

Do you really think Smyrna's Defense is just "Good"? Go ask Oakland (7-1), they score about 28 points a game: against Smyrna??™s "good " D (7) points in 4 Quarters??¦??¦??¦??¦.go ask Gallatin (7-1), they score about 38 points a game, when they played Smyrna's "Good " D (6) points in 4 quarters. I think the Smyrna D is a little better then just "good"

I need hit a Florida St. games before I die. That is one of a handful of major Collage venues; I have not been to yet. I will respectfully disagree with your tough sir. Try going up the Michigan and listen to 110,000, singing along with the greatest band and the greatest fight song;

Hail! To the victors valiant, Hail! To the conqu'ring heroes, Hail! Hail! To Michigan the leaders and best, Hail! To the victors valiant, Hail! To the conqu'ring heroes, Hail! Hail! To Michigan, the champions of the West!

Thank you for the invite to the supper. I will not be there early enough to enjoy the fine chili, as good as it sounds.

I don't know who 82cat is. I'm fairly new to Smyrna and this is my first year on the board.

I know with me getting there after 7:00 for this one, will guarantee me a spot on the fence but that??™s fine, as long as I'm there, I??™ll be happy.

If you have never met 82cat, you missed one of the great supporters of Smyrna football. Man busted his tail for the football team and fed them WELL!

Was also one of the funniest folks on this board when he wanted to be. Alot of us from other schools actually miss his wit and football wisdom on here.

As to who is the backup QB for R'dale is, I have no idea at the moment as the one that was 'supposed' to be it is sitting out this season to be eligible to play at his NEW school. MTCS! You know the place where they have a GREAT qb coach and they actually throw alot.

As to hearing the Michigan fans sing, I have been there and heard it. Yes it is great, but they do NOT like folks singing 'Rocky Top' soon afterwards. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If you have never met 82cat, you missed one of the great supporters of Smyrna football. Man busted his tail for the football team and fed them WELL!

Was also one of the funniest folks on this board when he wanted to be. Alot of us from other schools actually miss his wit and football wisdom on here.

As to who is the backup QB for R'dale is, I have no idea at the moment as the one that was 'supposed' to be it is sitting out this season to be eligible to play at his NEW school. MTCS! You know the place where they have a GREAT qb coach and they actually throw alot.

As to hearing the Michigan fans sing, I have been there and heard it. Yes it is great, but they do NOT like folks singing 'Rocky Top' soon afterwards. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The kid you are talking about is already at mtcs playing linebacker.He did not sit out this year.

This is a good question, what do you think LOD?or the rest of the Riverdale faithful?

For myself I am completely neutral on this question. I will admit I don't like the wingT without some passing thrown in to keep the defenses honest and from loading the box so much.

I do like the idea that Coach A DOES give the kids support when it comes to college recruiters, but unfortunately not many will be coming to R'dale with a losing record.

I have heard some major boosters saying he needs to go, but how much weight that has with Mr Nolan is an unknown. Mr Nolan is about the only person who can really answer this question as it is he who decides who stays and who goes at R'dale.

Do you really think Smyrna's Defense is just "Good"? Go ask Oakland (7-1), they score about 28 points a game: against Smyrna??™s "good " D (7) points in 4 Quarters??¦??¦??¦??¦.go ask Gallatin (7-1), they score about 38 points a game, when they played Smyrna's "Good " D (6) points in 4 quarters. I think the Smyrna D is a little better then just "good"

Smyrna's D is better than good.....they are aggressive and very quick.

I miss 82 cat as well. He is a really great guy and one that I consider to be a loyal friend. He retired at the end of the season after serving many many yrs as the head honcho in the booster club. I know he is enjoying being a grandpa these days........but he is sure missed. His wit and insight were second to none, and he actually helped me to tolerate Smyrna. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />