Gallatin (7-1, 5-0) @ Hendersonville (5-1, 4-0)

Gtowner

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really was a very good game. Even before the game the different sides were cheering their team on.

Just like was stated Hendersonville dominated the first half. Yazzie is an incredible player! I believe Hill made that spectacular interception return for a td. Gallatin did a good job of holding Hville to the fieldgoal when all the mo was definitely on the Commando side. Gallatin came out and played hard in the second half. Us fans have seen it all year and knew that was going to happen. Matthews settled down and starting hitting his receivers and made some good runs. Holder was not much of a factor because the Hville defenders were all over him. He took hit after hit and then had to cover Yazzie on defense. He finally had to come out. I think Gallatin had several that will be feeling this game for a week or two. Really good to see Critchelow come in and do a fantastic job. He made several big plays even a qb sack. Gallatin had some missed opportunities just like Hville. Gallatin really needed to come away with some points before the half but the long drive became a missed chance with the int in the endzone. Yazzie missed a touchdown with his drop and if only the Wave could have connected on some of those drops in the first half. In the end Gallatin could not contain the buck sweep and a very untimely and questionable penalty for a helmet to helmet sealed their fate. But you can't blame this game on the officials because they were bad for both sides. Hville came out and took it. I would love to see these two teams play again.

Nice halftime show with both bands on the field at the same time.

I wouldn't want to be McGavock.

Really was a very good game. Even before the game the different sides were cheering their team on.

Just like was stated Hendersonville dominated the first half. Yazzie is an incredible player! I believe Hill made that spectacular interception return for a td. Gallatin did a good job of holding Hville to the fieldgoal when all the mo was definitely on the Commando side. Gallatin came out and played hard in the second half. Us fans have seen it all year and knew that was going to happen. Matthews settled down and starting hitting his receivers and made some good runs. Holder was not much of a factor because the Hville defenders were all over him. He took hit after hit and then had to cover Yazzie on defense. He finally had to come out. I think Gallatin had several that will be feeling this game for a week or two. Really good to see Critchelow come in and do a fantastic job. He made several big plays even a qb sack. Gallatin had some missed opportunities just like Hville. Gallatin really needed to come away with some points before the half but the long drive became a missed chance with the int in the endzone. Yazzie missed a touchdown with his drop and if only the Wave could have connected on some of those drops in the first half. In the end Gallatin could not contain the buck sweep and a very untimely and questionable penalty for a helmet to helmet sealed their fate. But you can't blame this game on the officials because they were bad for both sides. Hville came out and took it. I would love to see these two teams play again.

Nice halftime show with both bands on the field at the same time.

I wouldn't want to be McGavock.

Amen to that.

I wish I could blame the outcome on the poor officiating but it went both ways on some plays and quite honestly they just didn't appear to have a clue. The clock was a story in and of itself.

As far as Gallatin goes playing 2 quarters finally caught up to them. Nothing against H-ville they played a lights out game and fought hard to get the victory. Hats off to you Commandos. This type of game may be just what the Dr. ordered heading into the playoffs.

I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first but Gallatin can finish anywhere from region champs to 3rd depending on how things go next week.

Now all that Gallatin can do is control the outcome vs McG. A win and they finish in the top two, a lost could drop them to 3rd.

Yep, The Commando's could have scored up to 30 points in that 1st half. Gallatins QB was presured the 1st half and couldn't make a pass work for nothing or the run

The 2nd half the GHS QB was the star running passing he looked like a different player. Didn't hink the Commandos could score with 3 min on the clock. thought it was going to be another Choke game for the Commandos against the wave. Nice win. Not a State Championship performance but a great High School Game. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

If Hendersonville had not won, it wouldn't mean they choked.

Congrats to Coach Hatfield's team on a huge w.

Here's how the region will shake up from what I can tell:

Hville win/Gallatin win---- 1st Hendersonville, 2nd Gallatin, 3rd Hunter's Lane

Hville loss/Gallatin win----Gallatin, Hunter's Lane, Hendersonville

Hville win/Gallatin loss----Hendersonville, Gallatin, Hunter's Lane

Hville loss/Gallatin loss---Hunter's Lane, Hendersonville, Gallatin

(Someone posted that Antioch is at the 4th place regardless, so I'm just assuming that to be true, because it is far too late for me to be thinking about that ha.)

But yeah, looks like the top 3 spots are still completely up for grabs in just about any order. Hendersonville has to win vs Hunter's Lane to win the Region because of the dropped game vs Hillwood.

(Someone posted that Antioch is at the 4th place regardless, so I'm just assuming that to be true, because it is far too late for me to be thinking about that ha.)

But yeah, looks like the top 3 spots are still completely up for grabs in just about any order. Hendersonville has to win vs Hunter's Lane to win the Region because of the dropped game vs Hillwood.

Oh, this is all assuming that Hunter's Lane took care of Glencliff because the score isn't posted yet.

I would have to believe that Hunter's Lane won that one though. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I think you are dead on. Antioch has Glencliff next so I think they will win that game and with Overton beating McGavock I think that locked up the last spot.

Those last two senerios I wouldn't count on....McGavock is not gonna beat Gallatin. Not after last night. Way too much turmoil and drama at McGavock and with it being a short week and a fired up Green Wave squad...not good for the Raiders.

I have become a huge Hunters Lane fan this week. That should be a good game but from what I saw last night I have to give Hville the edge.

Playoff atmosphere last night...I can't wait for it to start.

If Hendersonville had not won, it wouldn't mean they choked.

Congrats to Coach Hatfield's team on a huge w.

As I said the last 3 years I have watched this game. H'ville looked like a better team but choked against the G men both times prior. Since I'm new to watching this series between these two teams I had the pleasure to talking to two former G players during the game on the H'ville side Their Statement was "Hendersonville Chokes the majority of the time against Gallatin". From what I watched prior to this game I agree!

After dominating the 1st half. IMHO it would have been a MAJOR CHOKE! If they had not show the heart to make that final drive.

Congrats to the Commandos and great effort from both teams!

As I said the last 3 years I have watched this game. H'ville looked like a better team but choked against the G men both times prior. Since I'm new to watching this series between these two teams I had the pleasure to talking to two former G players during the game on the H'ville side Their Statement was "Hendersonville Chokes the majority of the time against Gallatin". From what I watched prior to this game I agree!

After dominating the 1st half. IMHO it would have been a MAJOR CHOKE! If they had not show the heart to make that final drive.

Congrats to the Commandos and great effort from both teams!

Last year Hendersonville should have beat Gallatin. But in 2006...I have to disagree. Hville only had about 4 first downs and Gallatin's defense consistantly shut them down. Granted Gallatin couldn't get in the endzone but we moved the ball all night. Gallatin's Qb, Ferrill played a great game. Too bad it was his last. There have been several years, however, that Hville has had superior talent and Gallatin found a way to win. Overall record is pretty onesided. 41-12-1 in favor of Gallatin.

Nobody from Gallatin is that stupid. Sounds like a good old coach trick to me. I have never known Hville to be a home away from home. Personally I don't like your field. Too much track. Back in the early 80's or late 70's Hville came to Gallatin and painted the pressbox black and gold, now that was stupid. Trust me if Gallatin folk were involved it wouldn't have been so easy and nondestructive. Gallatin people would have painted the cars, put a big "G" on the field, and burnt the school down. Tell your coaching staff...good job.

If Shoney's was still in town, Big Boy would've made many more appearances on top of the Hville's pressbox than he did..........

This rivalry just keeps getting better each year. How this game gets more exciting each season is unbelievable. Great game to both you guys. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />