7AAA

spartaman

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is becoming obvious to me that the Adminsitration at LHS has gotten past the events a few years back in Womens Athletics at the School and the patrons of the schools can now concentrate on building up the physical aspects of the school. LHS, Gallatin, Coffee and Independence can be congradulated, as well as other schools, for using very good search techniques to find the right people for the right jobs in a time that parents and fans became nervous and became very concerned about what was happening. These Coaches are becoming leaders in their schools and building a reputation. It's all beginning to have worked out and while its still a work in progress, program builders in Womens Basketball and in LHS case, Volleyball too , did work out although no one yet knows the permanacy of the situation in VB. It certainly takes more than one year to develop a program. Hopefully these schools and patrons and fans will recognize the hard work being done with the Student/Athletes at these Schools. It takes more than knowing x's and o's and sports. It is the impression of the schools within the student body, in the community and throughout the State. Hopefully any Coaching Situations needed to be filled can be considered instead of waiting till the last minute. Many coach's feel their players want some summer work with their particular sport to fulfill their expectations of playing. It is a big part of a students high school life.

7AAA Womens Schedule Jan. 13-Feb. 3

1-13

Blackman @ cookeville

Riverdale@ lebanon

Oakland@ White

Warren @ siegel

1-16

Blackman@ oakland

Warren@ Cookeville

Lebanon@ Siegel

Riverdale@ White

1-20

White@Blackman

Cookeville@Lebanon

Oakland@Warren

Riverdale@Siegel

1-23

Blackman@Warren

Cookeville@Riverdale

Oakland@ Lebanon

White@Siegel

1-27

Lebanon@Blackman

Siegel@Cookeville

Riverdale@oakland

Warren@White

1-30

Blackman@Riverdale

Cookeville@White

Warren@Lebanon

oakland@Siegel

2-03

Siegel @Blackman

Oakland@Cookeville

White@Lebanon

Riverdale@Warren

GIRLS

COOKEVILLE 47, OAKLAND 28

Cookeville had stretches in which it outscored Oakland 12-0 in the first half and 15-4 in the second half, as the Lady Cavaliers defeated the Lady Patriots to remain undefeated in District 7-AAA.

The Lady Cavs broke open the game with their first run. Cookeville extended its lead from 11-8 to 23-8 during the stretch.

Turnovers plagued the Lady Patriots. Oakland committed 18 turnovers in the game, most of them unforced.

Cookeville??™s shooters connected on 6-of-13 from 3-point range. Julie Brooks connected on three of them.

Tatonia Johnson scored 14 points for Cookeville (12-5, 4-0) to lead all scorers.

Kayla McGowan led the Lady Patriots with six points.

Cookeville 18 7 15 8 ??” 48

Oakland 8 4 4 12 ??” 28

Cookeville ??” Julie Brooks 11, Kelsey Odle 4, Tationia Johnson 14, Erin Helton 12, Marianne Borden 2, Hallie Edgington 5.

Oakland ??” Kayla McGowan 6, Hayley Randolph 2, Keke Cook 4, Ambrosia Williams 2, Erica Smith 1, Sam Stoltze 5.

I'm not sure of the reason, but I have gotten a few emails asking for a listing of Schools, Players, players numbers. So as you are going to to a game and want to print out a roster of players and there numbers so you might recognize your favorite player and the team who you are playing numbers, the following posts are those numbers. Hope you find some value in seeing these and printing them out if you like. Now, if you don't see your favorite players number listed, its likely not on the list I have gotten and if you will post on this site the name and number, i will add it to the list and finally I will get all of them. When we get thru with this exercise, if you like, there is a place for this information on your school page and can be added any time. Certainly if i were attending a game, having a roster sheet to recognize the best players on the other team, since I had not seen them play, would be valuable. Maybe this will be of help to the 7AAA fans, its for you. Have fun at the games. PHargis