7AAA

spartaman

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this is getting very interesting. The Swami is running away with the winners in 7AAA or the games are too apparent. Irregardless, something is too easy. Or maybe the Swami is the all seeing. it seems like it. Well.

Riverdale sure made up for a down time and had a very good win against Lebanon. Riverdale had to play good to beat Lebanon that much and it appeared to be a coach's game. Icelyn Elie had another good game and no one has stopped her yet but the rest of the team is going to have to step up. Even Jennings droped down as lebanon could only get 38 points and I. Elie got 20 of those and Riverdale won 55-38. Riverdale got 19 from Barbee and Lanning scored 13.

Blackman went to the Plateau and the score has Chad Hibdon all over it with Cookeville beating Blackman 32-30. Another 7AAA team going into Cookeville and another team coming back with a loss. The scoring looked different for Cookeville as Sloan Barnes scored 2, Erin helton scored 10, Johnson had 7 and Odle came up with a biggame with 13 points. Campbell had 10 for Blackman in what was a defensive game.

White County, so 85 posted, beat oakland 59-20 with Oakland only scoring 3 points the last half. ke ke cook scored 11 points for Oakland and Ysalas scored 16 for a very balanced attack for White County trying to break in to the AP top 10.

Siegel beat Warren tonite in a game that had Siegel scared concerning the outcome in the third quarter. Siegel beat Warren 63-43 though with Cason stepping out with 20, Connell with 17 and Naish with 10. The young guns out of Warren were led by Wilkinson with 17 and King with 12.

So here we are, awaiting another week of great basketball. And the Swami and the Airball are now starting to put the numbers down to see what happens Friday.

Uh , you want to explain further ? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

You will see later what i meant. It was a great win for Sparta girls. They must be ready for Friday nights action. Its going to be a hard fought game. I cant wait to see it

AAAAHHHHHH YYYYEEEEESSSSSS !!!!!!! Never fear "Jumper9876" the "SWAMI" is here to answer everyone's Questions about the outcomes of Tuesday's district matchups !!! As to your question "Jumper9876" is not who will win, but by how many White County will win by. The "SWAMI" sees White County winning easily over Oakland with numerous Lady Warriorettes scoring. White County by 23. Warren County will head to the "BORO" again and will leave with similiar results. Siegel by 24. Riverdale will make the trip up to Lebanon and will have too much firepower for Elie and company to overcome. Riverdale by 13. And finally, in a game the ole "SWAMI" is struggling to read his crystal ball clearly, Blackman will go into Cookeville and will come up a little short. Cookeville by 4. The "SWAMI" has spoken and will look to improve on his remarkable (13-3) record. Read em and weep.

AAAHHHHHHH YYYYEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!, The "SWAMI" is here 7aaa fans and players !!! And after going (4-0) Tuesday night the "OLE SWAMI" has now raised his overall district record to (17-3). Never fear players and fans the "SWAMI" will be back on Thursday, to reveal all the winners for Friday's games !!! The "SWAMI" has spoken !!!!

You will see later what i meant. It was a great win for Sparta girls. They must be ready for Friday nights action. Its going to be a hard fought game. I cant wait to see it

Tuesday was a so so win over the #7 team in our District. If we can beat Riverdale Friday that will be a GREAT win. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'll be there.

These rankings are updated continuously and are based only on scores reported to CoachT.com.

Women's Basketball

Division I Class AAA Region 4 District 7

Rank Team W-L

Record Win

Percentage

1 Cookeville 5-0 100.00%

2 Blackman 4-1 80.00%

3 White Co. 4-1 80.00%

4 Riverdale 3-2 60.00%

5 Lebanon 2-3 40.00%

6 Siegel 2-3 40.00%

7 Oakland 0-5 0.00%

8 Warren Co. 0-5 0.00%

Tuesday was a so so win over the #7 team in our District. If we can beat Riverdale Friday that will be a GREAT win. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'll be there.

I will be there as well. A game I cant miss, just hope its not like the cookeville game. To good to play like that

Riverdale girls rev up in time to beat Lebanon

BY DEAN FOX ??? DNJ CORRESPONDENT ??? January 14, 2009

Post a CommentRecommend Print this page E-mail this article Share Del.icio.us

Facebook

Digg

Reddit

Newsvine

Buzz up! LEBANON ??” The last thing Riverdale's girls basketball team needed Tuesday was trouble starting the team bus. But once the Lady Warriors got on the road, they were fine.

Eighth-ranked Riverdale overcame an uncharged battery and then went on the road, finally revving up in plenty of time to beat Lebanon 55-38 in district play.

Riverdale (15-3, 3-2 District 7-AAA) was balanced. The Lady Warriors were led by Shacobia Barbee's 18 points, while Natalie Lanning added 13.

"At the beginning of the game, we were very hesitant, and everyone was not wanting to be a scorer at first," Riverdale coach Hillary Maxwell said. "I'm trying to make everyone be a scorer within themselves. ... We had some people step up. It's been someone different every game."

Lebanon (5-8, 2-3) got 20 points from MTSU signee Icelyn Elie, but couldn't overcome a rash of turnovers that put it an early double-digit hole.

"Turnovers definitely got us in trouble tonight," Lebanon coach Ashley Johnson said. "We had trouble getting beyond the half-court line, and we have to find a way to score in the half-court."

Barbee had 16 points in the first half as Riverdale claimed a 30-19 halftime lead.

The Lady Warriors took control of the game early, scoring 12 straight points to take a 17-6 lead early in the second quarter. The Riverdale defense forced six straight Lebanon turnovers and converted many of them into easy baskets.

Lebanon settled down thanks in large part to Elie, who scored consecutive baskets to keep her team in the game. She finished the half with 14 points, and helped her team close within seven before trailing by double digits at the half.

Three-pointers by Candace Spurlock and Natalie Lanning quickly pushed the margin back to 36-21, and it was 42-28 at the end of the third quarter. Lebanon never got any closer.

"I think we get a little anxious when we starting playing with the lead and playing not to lose instead of playing to win," Maxwell said. "We challenge them to try and make the lead larger."

Riverdale 55, Lebanon 38

Riverdale 15 15 12 13 ??” 55

Lebanon 6 13 9 10 ??” 38

Riverdale (15-3, 3-2)??”Shacobia Barbee 18, Natalie Lanning 13, Henry 9, Haislip 6, Spurlock 5, Orman 4.

Lebanon (5-8, 2-3)??”Icelyn Elie 20, Jennings 4, Stafford 3, Hudson 3, Lumberton 2, McDannald 2, Williams 2, Coggins 2.

BOYS

LEBANON 84, RIVERDALE 61

Riverdale (8-8, 2-3) tried to climb out of a double-digit deficit in the second half, but could extend its winning streak to three.

The teams got off to a quick start and Lebanon led 25-22 at the end of a quarter. But the Blue Devils kept up the scoring frenzy in the second period while Riverdale's offense slowed. As a result, the hosts had a 46-31 by halftime.

Riverdale scored the first eight points of the second half, but Lebanon's counterpunch pushed the margin back to 65-48 by the end of the third quarter. The Blue Devils scored the last seven points of the period, triggering a 24-2 run that blew the game open.

Lebanon (9-6, 3-1), which has averaged 80 points a game in district play, was led by Casey Nunley's 20 points while Robert Crudup added 18. The Warriors' Vari Craig had a game-high 21 points while T.J. Chesterfield added 16.

Lebanon 84, Riverdale 61

Riverdale 22 9 17 13 ??” 61

Lebanon 25 21 19 19 ??” 84

Riverdale (8-8, 2-3)- Vari Craig 21, T.J. Chesterfield 16, Smith 6, Clarke 5, T.Thigpen 5, Escott 3, Odom 3, Coleman 2.

Lebanon (9-6, 3-1)-Casey Nunley 20, Robert Crudup 18, Xavier Smith 11, J.Thigpen 8, Beadle 7, Hutto 5, Morris 4, Hoffinger 3, Bridges 2, Vance 2, Sloan 2, Manning 2.

These new allegations about Coach Maxwell of Riverdale are ridiculous. The parents of the former girl on the team should be ashamed. As reported by Tom Kreager of the Daily News Journal, those parents have been stalking her and attempting to ruin her career. This is a very immature act by some parents whose child wasn't going to get the playing time when Jaclissa Haislip moved over (a legal move by TSSAA standards). I think this is ridiculous and the parents should face some type of punishment by the legal system for their immature actions.