7AAA

spartaman

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just proves the adage: one player a team does not make. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The girls played great defense that didn't allow open looks from long range.

If I'm not mistaken, Siegel saw that 1-3-1 last year and it was a good one. Hope she gets well soon.i

AAAAHHHHH YYYYEEEEESSSSSSS !!!!!! The "SWAMI" has arrived !!! Please ! Please !! Everyone control yourselves and be seated. It's time once again for the all-insightful "SWAMI" to make his fearless predictions for Tues. Jan. 6th district matchups. "SWAMI" will try and improve on his stellar (6-2 record). In a great match-up of Boro teams Riverdale will invade Blackman and come away with a hard fought 9 point victory over a very dangerous Blackman squad. White County will make their short trip up to Cookeville and will lose for the first time this year (IN Tenn.) by their unability to handle Cookeville's size and home-court. Cookeville by 5. Siegel will travel over to Oakland and will come away with a 15 point victory in a tune-up for that monster boys game to follow. And finally, Lebanon will come into Warren County and get a much needed win, by slipping past my Lady Pioneers. Too much pressure and too much Elie, Lebanon by 11. The SWAMI" has spoken !! Read em and weep.

AHHH YESSSSS the "SWAMI" has arrived !!!! After last night's games the "SWAMI" now has a (9-3) district record . losing the Blackman -Riverdale game. Great job Blackman on your win ( It was not that big of a upset), because Blackman is one of those teams that no-one will want to face come tournament time. Good luck to all the teams in practice this week and the "SWami" will be back on Thursday for Friday's match-ups !!!!

For you stat fans, Campbell did get 22, Dorsett got 4 ( a little low for her), Knowlin got 14, and the rest got 4 points or about. Campbell got 5 3's.

Riverdale: Barbee 16, Haislep 12, Henry 10, spurlock 7, orma 6.

The story I see in the stats was a box on Haislep sometimes of one of those defenses that Coach Hibdon devises to shut down a scorer.

I noticed the Lanning girl not in your box score "PHargis" ? Did she play or is she still hurt ? I would think ,if healthy, she would be good for 5-10 points a game. What about it "Riverdaleman " ??

I noticed the Lanning girl not in your box score "PHargis" ? Did she play or is she still hurt ? I would think ,if healthy, she would be good for 5-10 points a game. What about it "Riverdaleman " ??

RD did post that she did play some but made some comment that she might be a little out of condition. As you know, young legs like that does not take very long to get in to condition. My take on the game was Blackman was really ready to play and had one great game out of their point guard with 5-3's and 22 points. Blackman's team is full of "Mad Bombers" in that Dorsett usually fills that roll. Blackman is one of the most underestimated teams in the District as it makes up for some deficiencies in a very hard defense. Cookeville, Riverdale, Blackman, White, Lebanon and siegel are evidently teams that can beat each other at any time. Now, injuries will become a factor and maybe a major factor. Warren, Riverdale, and maybe Cookeville are feeling the injury problems. This is particularly important when you look at how many players each school is playing and then back into the play what losing one player will mean. It is obvious the coaching jobs some of the coaches are doing in 7AAA when you look at the depth of play that are being utilized.

she played sparingly only took 1 or 2 shots that did not fall i think she will start to play more as soon as she gets her legs and shot back she will be fine

On a side note do not plan to go to blackman gym and carry on a conversation with the person sitting next to you their band plays all pre game halftime inbetween games halftime timeouts and they are loud i about lost my voice during pregame trying to talk to several people

so go see Ms Thigpen for you ear plugs before you go to the game

Thank you, Riverdaleman..I also heard others talking about this same thing at the consession stand and restroom.

Thank you, Riverdaleman..I also heard others talking about this same thing at the consession stand and restroom.

AAAHHHH YYYEEEEESSSSSS !!!! District 7aaa fans and players the all-insightful "SWAMI" is here once more to improve on his (9-3) record with all of his winning predictions for Friday's matchup's. My Lady Pioneer's will make the trip into the "BORO" and play a bunch of MAD HOSTILE Lady Warriors of Riverdale, who will look to rebound big-time after their loss to Blackman. Riverdale by (how many they choose) I'll say 37. Cookeville will also make a trip into the "Boro to play Oakland, If Helton plays, Cookeville by 24, if not, Cookeville by 16. Blackman will go across town to face Siegel in a really tough game for the "sWAMI", however, the "SWAMI" sees Blackman fresh off their win over Riverdale coming in with alot of confidence, and Blackman will win this game by 4 points. And finally, in another outstanding match-up, Lebanon will make the trip up hwy 70 to play White County, but the Lady Warriorettes will rebound off their lose to Cookeville, and come away with a hard fought 3 point win. The "SWAMI" has spoken !!! Read em and weep 7aaa players and fans !!!

What a treat, the Swami did make it to all of the 7AAA schools and has given us his all insightful thoughts on 7AAA for Firday night. The MAD HOSTILE Warren County Lady Pioneers after losing to Lebanon last week will travel to Riverdale and and Riverdaleman will have to call them off. Riverdale's defense will be too much and the young guns of Warren will get a lesson, Riverdale by 35 and play everybody.

Cookeville's trip to Oakland will prove that Helton or not, Cookeville will win by as many as they want and play every one. Cookeville by 35. Randolph cannot score enough by herself to keep Oakland ahead

Now the last two will be Barn burners. White County/Lebanon matchups are legendary and whether they go up Highway 70 or slip up the Interstate thru Cookeville really makes no difference. Only lately its likely thru 70 since those going thru Cookeville lately have not come out with very good memories. The White county gym will be full and most of the reserve seats will be occupied. This will be a fine game. If White can just slow down I. Elie, to less than 25 and keep her off the boards, White will win by 4. If Lebanon scores over 46, Lebanon will win. Blackman will go across town and this will be one of THE top Battle of the Boro's for Friday night. Blackman is riding high and Seigelis playing the best of this year. This will be one game defensively, that those who like good basketball will have to see. If Blackman's Student body and fans make the trip across town and support their Girls team, it will be one of the best games of the year. If siegel's Nation fills up their side and the fans on siegel ban together so that you can hear them cheer, it will be quite a battle. Coach's Hibdon and Bush will put on a great show but the players will put on a better one. If Chapman scores 14 points and gets Cason wins the Defensive battle with Campbell, I would pick siegel by 3. If Nowlin gets 14 and Dorsett picks up her game, I pick Blackman by 5. Either way, the game will be won in the stands with support being the deciding factor. The Furnace will not be the deciding factor tomorrow night.

So the Swami's trip this week has been successful and his scouting reports once again have got fans on edge as to what will happen. The important question is whether Blackman can maintain its edge. If they can, there are some real exciting games that are coming up. If they don't, nothing really lost but looking for the game with Cookeville in a few days. Injuries look to now be a deciding factor in regular season District Championship play.