7AAA

spartaman

Who are the two regular players that are playing poor defense.

IS there any information on how Cason is playing

Who in the world would put names in a negative sense on a public board? Who in the world would ask for that and pray tell why? Cason is talented and quick. She is playing well. She makes some sophomore mistakes but she is supposed to because she is a sophomore. She does some things nobody else does and as far as that goes she does some things nobody else tries. She is talented so she can pull them off.

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you give us a thumbnail sketch on Connell since she didn't play last year and seems to be building some good stats for Siegel?

I don't know much about her personally. What I do know is she transferred from a private school in Nashville because the drive was too long and had to sit out last year. Several people have told me she is a superstar softball pitcher. She plays smart and always ends up where the ball is. She has a nice shot and plays hard and is a team player.

I don't know much about her personally. What I do know is she transferred from a private school in Nashville because the drive was too long and had to sit out last year. Several people have told me she is a superstar softball pitcher. She plays smart and always ends up where the ball is. She has a nice shot and plays hard and is a team player.

The Connell girl is ok if your going to give the credit give it to all the players. Because it takes five players. THE CHAPMAN girl is the best post player alone with freshman Nash. The best guard you have is the CASON girl. I went to some of the games and she plays team ball. The team has good defense. BE REAL WITH THE PLAYERS.COME ON

The Connell girl is ok if your going to give the credit give it to all the players. Because it takes five players. THE CHAPMAN girl is the best post player alone with freshman Nash. The best guard you have is the CASON girl. I went to some of the games and she plays team ball. The team has good defense. BE REAL WITH THE PLAYERS.COME ON

I have been reading these baords for a couple years now but have never posted but have now seen enough. Another new poster, joeyt made some very valid and objective comments concerning Siegel without slamming anyone. Then Ms Chapman (ah, excuse me basketballlady) comes in and jumps all over him or her for their comments. I have have also watched Siegel play this year and joeyt's comments relative to defense are very correct. And, no, it does not do anyone any good to start degrading any player by posting their names on here.

You named 4 players and takes 5 to make a team. Then you tell us who are the best two. In your words, if you are going to give credit give it to all the players.

Nobody gave credit to one player lady. I gave credit to at least four. phargis asked for a thumbnail on Connell. I gave them all I knew but nothing crazy over the top but positive and true. You asked about Cason. I wrote some really nice things about her too. You come on.

Whoops, would it be fair to say that that Siegel has out performed in the games before 2009 and is a pleasant surprise. Many of their players are playing better than expected at this time of the season. Coach Bush, who is noted as a Coach who can put together a very good defensive team, has brought together again a group that can excel in that phase and have picked up their scoring and rebounding to wind up with an 8-3 record. All players on the team have contributed to the success of the team.

While the record is good and the players are playing better, Siegel is going to have to pick up it's play considerably to compete for the District Title and make it to the Regional Tournament. It will take every player on the team playing better than they are now playing offensively and defensively to reach those goals. Potentially they have the players to do it. The question is will the glue stick to provide chemistry for the run for this years title. I believe the players can come together to do it no matter all of the conversation.

My LADY WARRIORS take on blackman at blackman tuesday as we start to get into the meat of our district

GO LADY WARRIORS

AAAAHHHHH YYYYEEEEESSSSSSS !!!!!! The "SWAMI" has arrived !!! Please ! Please !! Everyone control yourselves and be seated. It's time once again for the all-insightful "SWAMI" to make his fearless predictions for Tues. Jan. 6th district matchups. "SWAMI" will try and improve on his stellar (6-2 record). In a great match-up of Boro teams Riverdale will invade Blackman and come away with a hard fought 9 point victory over a very dangerous Blackman squad. White County will make their short trip up to Cookeville and will lose for the first time this year (IN Tenn.) by their unability to handle Cookeville's size and home-court. Cookeville by 5. Siegel will travel over to Oakland and will come away with a 15 point victory in a tune-up for that monster boys game to follow. And finally, Lebanon will come into Warren County and get a much needed win, by slipping past my Lady Pioneers. Too much pressure and too much Elie, Lebanon by 11. The SWAMI" has spoken !! Read em and weep.

Well its true, the Swami has returned from the extended Holiday tour and the 2009 season tour has begun. Boy, a lot has happened during the past few weeks and the season is beginning to define itself but still look out for some surprises and the Swami looks to be right in the middle of it. It is true that this weeks games will start off the District with a bang but I doubt that everyone will be controlled as JoeyT has stirred up a hornets nest at Siegel and Blackman and Riverdale is expected to have a Battle of the Boro which likely will be one of the best of the new year. Whites trip to Cookeville will cause a traffic jam thru Cookeville as 85 and the Dumptrucker will bring the fans en masse to what will be a very close and the very best game in the Upper Cumberland area. This game will be closer than is expected. But expect Big Mex to bring out the Cookeville fans as the support for the Cookeville girls seem to have gotten things back and are ready to make a run. Warren seems to have to retool but the young guns of the Pioneers do have the ability on a given night to give some a fit. They will have to rebound with I. Elie and team as it looks as if the new Coach at Lebanon is making strides to be a contender at tournament time or maybe before. Trash talking between Oakland and Siegel for this game will be in high gear and this game could be one to remember as Siegel goes to Oakland with high expectations on bothside. It will be another outstanding Battle of the Boro with an outstanding crowd expected. So what does all of this mean. Is Swami's record going down? Will Riverdaleman have to take a deep breath as the visit between these two teams is always exciting especially when going to the Furnace and Riverdale has to face the heat of Blackman. i'm afraid the games will be closer than expected with only one of them being business as expected. It looks as if Riverdale does have too much firepower for Blackman but if Blackman does score 48 points, it will be a close game. Riverdale by 4 in a close defensive low scoring game. Two buzz saws in a great game.

At Cookeville, these two teams have been pointing for this game for some time. Cookeville, who has had some up and down games, will again have to keep Helton out of foul trouble as she has done lately and White will have to control Johnson as this will be one down to the buzzer. If White continues its hot streak and scoring White does have the ability to win. The game will be close to the end and if it is, the difference will be Helton and Johnson. If White scores 55 points they will win. If they don't Cookeville will win by 3.

And now the Siegel/Oakland matchup. It's true, the boys game is Monster but its also true that Oakland girls are likely going to step up against someone in the Boro this year and beat them after some bad years. they think its time for them to do so. While this may not be the game, Siegel's current play may mean they are now putting everything together and trying to prove their current District standing means nothing, which is expected by many. the game will be closer than 15, likely 8 or nine as both of these teams really want to beat each other.

So the Swami , IMO looks to be right on the money. the rest of the games this week and next week are as follows:

1-9

Cookeville @ oakland

Warren @ Riverdale

Blackman @ Siegel

Lebanon @ White

1-13

Blackman @ Cookeville

Riverdale @ lebanon

Warren @ Siegel

Oakland @ White

1-16

Warren@ cookeville