7AAA

spartaman

We sat across the gym and heard the man and woman yelling at the coach and players from Blackman. They sat about 4 rows up behind the Riverdale bench. She could be heard across the gym and looking and speaking directly to the Blackman bench. I'm sure like I said on the previous reply, it had to have something to do with the fact that Blackman turned her in for the violation. Just seemed that way from an outsider looking in!!

WELL i sat inbetween the benches and i missed it I only heard cheering for the girls i am not saying that didnt happen but i was sitting to the left side of the scorers tabel facing the gym and i didnt hear 2 people yelling at the bench... so if i didnt hear it the coach probably didnt hear it...

as to the person on effecting the team...it has effected this team we get beat by 30 by white county and we snap out of it and bounce back for several straight wins and hope to continue for a long time...You all may think its revenge but i think its more about staying focus and staying sharp because you want to get a home region game and that is what we did tonight and now we will focus on getting the number 1 seed

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blaze all the way i sat kinda close to your coach and i didnt hear anyone saying anything to your bench...thirdly i can gaurantee you that you have seen worse officiating than what you saw in that game...the officials did not effect the game in anyway and that is the way you like to have it...i did not see anything one way or the other that would have me agreeing with you on the officiating...as far as playing starters til 2 minutes I am not sure if you realized but coach had at least an 8 player rotation going the entire game...while she did not do a mass substitution she did sub a lot during the game now i would have liked to see some of the younger ones get in but at the same time we have a day off tomorrow and i am sure our coach wants to keep the girls sharp for monday night and hopefully win a district championship...

I really enjoyed our crowd tonight when a timeout was called they were cheering the girls as they came to the bench and when they came out from halftime it was an energetic crowd and it was fun...

our girls played LIGHTS OUT TONIGHT they didnt miss very much and they are very good defensivley and offensivly...ahsley henry had improved so much over the season she is taking the ball to the hole shooting the open 3 and really leading this team like a point guard should and shen she does those little things it opens up the ENTIRE TEAM Jaclissa gets left open natalie gets left open aubrey gets left open and it opens up the middle for spurlock and of course barbee

I do not know what has happened at blackman they beat us in the first game and we beat them pretty sound the second time and this time there was never any question...for example blackman scored 20 points tonight and in the first game #20 scored 27 by herself so i am not sure what happened to blackman or maybe we just got that much better....well we take on cookeville on monday i think i heard the time was 730 so i am not sure

GREAT GAME LADY WARRIORS

Obviously, I meant she played her regular rotation until 2 minutes left to go in the game, but I'm sure there were 3- 5 starter in the entire game until 2 minutes left. Blackman brought there freshman and sophomores and those that rarely get to play in a lot earlier than Riverdale. When you are up by 40, if you have any class, this is when you play the players that never get to play. This serves two purposes, 1. You show respect to the opponent you are blowing out and 2. You give your benchwarmers playing time that they rarely get. This is one of the few times a year you get the chance to do this and instead of give her bench players some pt, she decided to rub it in the face of Blackman.

VERY UNCLASSY OF LADY WARRIOR COACH

Obviously, I meant she played her regular rotation until 2 minutes left to go in the game, but I'm sure there were 3- 5 starter in the entire game until 2 minutes left. Blackman brought there freshman and sophomores and those that rarely get to play in a lot earlier than Riverdale. When you are up by 40, if you have any class, this is when you play the players that never get to play. This serves two purposes, 1. You show respect to the opponent you are blowing out and 2. You give your benchwarmers playing time that they rarely get. This is one of the few times a year you get the chance to do this and instead of give her bench players some pt, she decided to rub it in the face of Blackman.

VERY UNCLASSY OF LADY WARRIOR COACH

she played them against oakland but again i think it was to stay sharp for cookeville the district champs on monday she rested the starters some against oakland so hopefully we will remain sharp to win the district tournament...

what happened to blackman this year they went from beating us to getting beat by some then getting beat by a lot what changed with blackman for that 40 point defeat?

she played them against oakland but again i think it was to stay sharp for cookeville the district champs on monday she rested the starters some against oakland so hopefully we will remain sharp to win the district tournament...

what happened to blackman this year they went from beating us to getting beat by some then getting beat by a lot what changed with blackman for that 40 point defeat?

I'm not really sure what has happened. They seemed really confident at the beginning of the year but have just lost their confidence. I don't really know why. There are some games they look really good and you think they are snapping out of it then the next game they look terrible. They looked bad against a very good Smyrna team the other night and I thought that Siegel might beat them in the first round of the tournament but they looked very good against Siegel. The last few games T'Anna Overton has not played well and they really need her scoring. Shelby may be trying to do too much. Tierra Norris gets into foul trouble too much. Katie Smith plays well usually when she is in but keeps hurting her knee. Kelsey Nowlin has disappeared lately. They need at least 3 of these players to play well offensively for us to have a chance to beat a good team. They were doing it early in the year but now there not for whatever reason.

I dont' buy that she was trying to keep them sharp for Cookeville. They play again in 2 nights. Pulling your starters with about 5 or 6 minutes left in the game would not have messed your starters and main players up for the Cookeville game.

I'm not really sure what has happened. They seemed really confident at the beginning of the year but have just lost their confidence. I don't really know why. There are some games they look really good and you think they are snapping out of it then the next game they look terrible. They looked bad against a very good Smyrna team the other night and I thought that Siegel might beat them in the first round of the tournament but they looked very good against Siegel. The last few games T'Anna Overton has not played well and they really need her scoring. Shelby may be trying to do too much. Tierra Norris gets into foul trouble too much. Katie Smith plays well usually when she is in but keeps hurting her knee. Kelsey Nowlin has disappeared lately. They need at least 3 of these players to play well offensively for us to have a chance to beat a good team. They were doing it early in the year but now there not for whatever reason.

well their season is not over and they can actually get a 3rd seed...when i saw them in the summer this is what i expected BUT they beat us so i figured they was missing someon in the summer and was a different team now than the summer so now they are going to region and it only takes a few wins to move on to the next round

Without getting in to the middle of anything except what happened, the stats said most of it. Riverdale hit close to 50% of their shots and Blackman hit about 17%. No team can win hitting 17% whatever the reason. I think we all can agree with that and Campbell did not get the shots and she will have to for Blackman to win. For what ever reason, Riverdale did hit 7 3's in the first half, 5 I believe in the first quarter and Blackman just couldn't hit the the shots. But that's basketball.

At this point of the season, it is of no advantage to attack fans or for that matter the coach. The season will be overin a couple or 3 weeks. The season will be over soon.

D2W hope everything is doing well over at MTSU for everyone.

The games Monday night will be some iof the most high contested games of the year in the State. The mind games had already started Saturday afternoon before the Teams had left the gym and continue on. This is a highly contested District, Region, and I am sure will be the same in the State. The gym will be full when the District finishes the girls action Monday evening. A new thread might need to be started for the Region thru the State and this thread likely should come to an end at the end of the District. Those wanting to continue it, as it is part of history, can continue keeping up the events and chatter. This is ending up being one of the best years ever.

[.

Now a couple of things I have to get off my chest. First of all, Riverdale has some of the most classless fans I have seen. Yelling things at our coaches and players is very unclassy. I realize this is not all Riverdale fans and only a very few but these few fans bring how you look as a school down. Also, I thought your coach showed her true colors as she definitely tried to run the score up. She was leading by 40 yet refused to pull her starters until there was less than 2 minutes to go in the game and continued to press pretty much to the end of the game. I can see where someone as classless as she appeared to be could definitely do some shady things to get where she is now.

Be serious. If the situation was reversed wouldn't you want to spank the team that took your school down? I know any competitive team would want revenge. If you poke the bear there will be consequences. Congratulations to both teams. Blackman girls need to get their heads up. They still have a chance to advance to Regionals. This was just one game, learn and move on.

Took your school down? Get real. Riverdale took their school down. They are the ones who committed violations, intentional or not, Blackman reported them evidently but if Riverdale had played by the rules there would have been nothing to report. This is like an employee fired for using drugs, blaming the company for firing him because they got caught.

WELL i sat inbetween the benches and i missed it I only heard cheering for the girls i am not saying that didnt happen but i was sitting to the left side of the scorers tabel facing the gym and i didnt hear 2 people yelling at the bench... so if i didnt hear it the coach probably didnt hear it...

as to the person on effecting the team...it has effected this team we get beat by 30 by white county and we snap out of it and bounce back for several straight wins and hope to continue for a long time...You all may think its revenge but i think its more about staying focus and staying sharp because you want to get a home region game and that is what we did tonight and now we will focus on getting the number 1 seed

LOL..........you must have been in the bathroom because that was the only place you couldn't hear this lady.