Class 2A Mr. Football Official Ballot

CoachT

Guest nwtnsports

Here's what I found, unofficially:

Kickers

Will Purcell, USJ - 29 of 31 PAT, 6 FG

Hyuntae Kim, Westview - 23 of 26 PAT, 2 FG

I'll take a seat now and wait for some more worthy nominations from Middle and East Tennessee.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gilbert from Milan seems to be the overwhelming pick at back and I will say that I have not seen any from the east to match what he has done.

BUT! If you think there is a better lineman on both sides of the ball that Alcoa Junor Tyler Robinson, you are only fooling yourself.

I would also take our kicker Derrick Brodus against any in the state. Not better, but equal.

I guess the fellow at milan is fairly talented from reading the preceeding posts and since statisticaly he is supperior to anyone on the only 2A roster that matters, that being Alcoa of course, he would get my vote for the back. As stated above TE/DE Tyler Robinson of the Alcoa Tornadoes is without question the most exemplary lineman within the classification of 2A. Even if Tyler were not the best, the fact that he is the best lineman Alcoa has should be enough for him to win the award because honestly no other team in 2A is worthy of any recognition, and since Alcoa does not have an adequate back represenative they should be awarded the lineman award.

If I were to offer a back representative from the deserving 2A team it would have to be QB Chase James, who has completed 77% of his passes on the year for 14 touchdowns and only 2 interceptions he has only thrown for 820 yds up to this point but all of those have been in the first half because the mighty Tornadoes rarely play starters in the second half and they certainly will not utilize the passing games while possessing such insurmountable leads. In addition Chase is averaging 5.6 yards per carry with 4 rushing touchdowns.