Class 4A Mr. Football Official Ballot

CoachT

Thru all the numbers that you will see on this thread, one that is hidden but tells a lot is that Marsalis Teague is averaging close to 16 yards per carry with 894 yards rushing. Simply when he has the ball he goes straight to the end zone. Coupled with the fact that Henry County??™s offense is averaging 47 pts per game and he has not played at all in many 2nd halves all year. There is a reason that schools like Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Michigan, Miami & Clemson are hard after this kid and are regular visitors to Henry County. He is also the #36 ranked athlete in the country accordingly to Rivals. I am not from Henry County but this kid is special for sure.

Add to that that he is a straight A student, and you have yourself the 4A Mr. Football. He is one of a kind. There are many good candidates (Eric Gordon) for sure, but Teague comes around once in a lifetime.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thru all the numbers that you will see on this thread, one that is hidden but tells a lot is that Marsalis Teague is averaging close to 16 yards per carry with 894 yards rushing. Simply when he has the ball he goes straight to the end zone. Coupled with the fact that Henry County??™s offense is averaging 47 pts per game and he has not played at all in many 2nd halves all year. There is a reason that schools like Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Michigan, Miami & Clemson are hard after this kid and are regular visitors to Henry County. He is also the #36 ranked athlete in the country accordingly to Rivals. I am not from Henry County but this kid is special for sure.

There is also more to it than that, he also has a 4.0 GPA. The schools recruiting him know he wont have any trouble with grades. There are many of these kids who get a full ride, and blow it due to grades or partying. I dont know him personally, but to be a dedicated, star athelete like he is and have a 4.0 GPA, he has to be a very disciplined individual. These schools know they are seeking a kid who will be there when it is all said and done. I dont know if things like that are figured in to Mr. Football, but his numbers considering he has only played half game thus far is simply amazing. I nominate Marsalis Teague, if you have any doubts, try to make it to a Henry County game.

Josh Davis from Rhea Co. He has been a game changer since his sophmore year. Has changed the game with many big punts. Enourmous leg and always there in a close game. Great on field goals in clutch situations as well. He has been there for 3 years and made play after play with his leg. He is deserving of this award.

Also A.J. Brown as a WR/KR/PR a TD threat when ever he touches the ball. Takes care of the ball and has made big plays throughout his H.S. Career.

Josh Walker for Lineman. Great player. Huge inside. Can get behind him and get 3 yards every down.

4A Back: Eric Gordon. Hillsboro.

Unbelievable player. Whether its WR/CB/RB/PR/KR, he is always making plays. More importantly, plays his best in big games; great TD catches against Franklin and took over the game against MBA (in which the difference was a blocked field goal return on MBA's behalf). If the HC fans want to pull the rivals card, so will I: 4-star recruit, #14 CB in the nation. In addition, offers from EVERY SEC powerhouse (pretty sure every sec team for that matter), Oklahoma, Miami, Texas Tech, Clemson, Michigan, UNC, Colorado, Louisville, etc. (the last few were probably unnecessary).

A lineman that should be on the ballot is Romario Cathey from Maplewood. An excellent player that anchors the Maplewood defense. Has a number of D1 offers, as well.

Henry County would not be the talk of West Tennessee without Marsalis Teague. Anyone who has seen them play this year knows that he is just magical at his position at quarterback. Everytime the ball is snapped you just hold your breath expecting him to do something amazing. And, it safe to say that he is probably equally as good as a defensive back as well though that gets overlooked since he is not needed defensively as much this year.

Yep, he gets my vote hands down.

4A Back: Eric Gordon. Hillsboro.

Unbelievable player. Whether its WR/CB/RB/PR/KR, he is always making plays. More importantly, plays his best in big games; great TD catches against Franklin and took over the game against MBA (in which the difference was a blocked field goal return on MBA's behalf). If the HC fans want to pull the rivals card, so will I: 4-star recruit, #14 CB in the nation. In addition, offers from EVERY SEC powerhouse (pretty sure every sec team for that matter), Oklahoma, Miami, Texas Tech, Clemson, Michigan, UNC, Colorado, Louisville, etc. (the last few were probably unnecessary).

A lineman that should be on the ballot is Romario Cathey from Maplewood. An excellent player that anchors the Maplewood defense. Has a number of D1 offers, as well.

"pull the rivals card" I think our fans are just trying to let people know how good Teague is!!!!! We don't get the paper press that Hillsboro gets. Both players are good. Heck we saw E. Gordon two years ago. He is good! We just think Teague is the BEST!!

If Gordon wins he can go get his trophy while The Big Red practices for Maryville!!

"pull the rivals card" I think our fans are just trying to let people know how good Teague is!!!!! We don't get the paper press that Hillsboro gets. Both players are good. Heck we saw E. Gordon two years ago. He is good! We just think Teague is the BEST!!

If Gordon wins he can go get his trophy while The Big Red practices for Maryville!!

DITTO oooooooo!

Henry Co.'s QB Marsalis Teague also has offers from Vandy,Stanford, & Duke. While not traditional football powers they are some of the finest academic institutions in this country. That is whay he is such a special player. He is a top notch student-athlete and carries himself like a fine young man off the field.

As stated earlier, Henry Co's RB Dominique Allen deserves to be on the ballot as well. One of a kind high school RB with his size and speed. He is a bull on the field and fine young man too. Anyone who has seen him run does not want to attempt to tackle him one on one. Also, #4 FB in the nation on rivals and has big time programs interested.