Franklin County vs Smith County

RebelHeart

Yeah I quess if you don't have golf, rugby,wrestling,tennis, soccer,etc. Goodpasture doesn't have anywhere near 600 students though. Have you guys evr played them, and or beat them?

We were in the same region a few years. They beat us 3 times...all but one were down to the last minute.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how some of these 2A schools look just like 5A schools. Goodpasture tonight looked just like Oakland or Wilson Central to me. How do you get 75 football players out of a school with only 100 boys in the school?

Smith County doesn't look like a 5A school. Ask Franklin County. They will tell you. I couldn't believe how BIG and FAST Franklin County was. Actually, I am not sure how it is possible for a team like SC to beat a team like FC. SC does have around 70 players, but I still don't understand.

What a great game tonight! Owls were just awesome, way to keep on hammering. I just can't believe that F/C has only won 2 games, they are a really good team, super athletes fast and big. And what a beautiful school campus, I was a little set back at your crowd though. Why isn't that community support more than what showed up tonight? It was a great trip down there and back. Its sad that with that many seniors and such athletes they aren't playing in the playoffs this year. Lots of luck in the future F/C. #25 you rock! GO BIG OWLS! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

What a great game tonight! Owls were just awesome, way to keep on hammering. I just can't believe that F/C has only won 2 games, they are a really good team, super athletes fast and big. And what a beautiful school campus, I was a little set back at your crowd though. Why isn't that community support more than what showed up tonight? It was a great trip down there and back. Its sad that with that many seniors and such athletes they aren't playing in the playoffs this year. Lots of luck in the future F/C. #25 you rock! GO BIG OWLS! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

FC used to fill the stands back in the old days. The program has really went down the past 3 years and the crowd is sparse after the first game. I expected #25 to have a big night. He had a good game against Coffee Co and I expected he would be one of the best backs Smith Co would see in 2A. Good luck to the owls the rest of the yr. You guys have a class coach and class program. Good luck to FC as they have a chance to win their 3rd game next week against Cumberland Co.

FC will be in the playoffs as the 3 seed from that region.

So FCHS gets up 14-0 in the first 4-5 minutes, and I was feeling great about our chances. I had alot of respect for SC, but at that point it seemed FCHS was too big up front and too talented. HOWEVER...Those guys didn't once put their heads down, and I would have to give tons of credit to the leadership on that team, both sideline coaches and players on the field. By half time, we still had one point lead, we seemed almost deflated. 2nd half consisted of much better SC defense, and an eventual win for the Owls. Also I was suprised at how well you guys travel and how loud you were! Awesome amounts of passion from the opposing crowd AND the players/coaches on the field. I wish you guys the best of luck and hopefully long run in the playoffs!

I was disappointed by the size and noise from the home crowd, but had a great time regardless. The only positives I can think of for FC:

-Better OL play, still inconsistent, but at times had opened huge holes and were fast on edges for sweeps. tosses, ets.

-Saw more improvement from young QB Wooten, and his WR made most of catches when the ball was thrown.

-Has slowly improved offense over course of entire season, and now have one more game before preparing for a very large/talented school in playoffs

I hope everyone enjoyed the game, and it was a good one to the very end!

SC could've packed it up and quit after the first 3 minutes of the game being down a "quick" 14 to 0. Their isn't a single player from SC that touched the ball last night that didn't need help getting out of bed this morning. I'll guarantee that. That was the hardest hitting I've seen at a Smith County game in a long long time.