Franklin County vs Smith County

RebelHeart

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well his leg isn't broke anymore. ELA is known for putting a solid football team on the field. SC will need to play its best to hang in there with FC. If SC fans look at FC's record and expects to handle the Rebels.......then they got another thing coming. This game will be a 4 quarter battle if SC can keep it close.

Rain is coming in, looks like. How does the rain factor in this one? Game was a low scoring affair last year. How is the young man who suffered the broken leg last year? Hope he has made a full recovery and is back to %100.

The player that broke his ankle/foot in one of the worst breaks I have seen in football is back to 100%. He graduated in May and joined the Marines this summer. Byron M. is now a leader in his platoon and right now is enjoying the luxury suites in basic training at Parris Island,SC.

The player that broke his ankle/foot in one of the worst breaks I have seen in football is back to 100%. He graduated in May and joined the Marines this summer. Byron M. is now a leader in his platoon and right now is enjoying the luxury suites in basic training at Parris Island,SC.

Awesome.

That is super. I am glad to hear he has gone on and is doing well. Sometimes, as a fan, we take for granted what these young men sacrifice for our communities. Now he has moved on to serve our country and is still sacrificing. Awesome!!!!!!!!

Agree, BigReid. FC will no doubt pose significant obstacles for the Owls. Hopefully, the game will be as good a contest as last years. Go Big Owls!

If you guys can venture over to a town bordering Winchester known as Cowan, TN the gas there is $1.99! -Don't know if that is what it will be on Friday we can only hope.

You will have plenty of seating for visitors. Los Alamos is a good Mexican Restaurant -586 S. College St, Winchester, TN 37398 or local steakhouse - Western Sirlon Steakhouse 1911 Decherd Blvd., Decherd, TN 37324-steaks are reasonable.

I read that some local businesses are doing a tailgate at the game- Chili and Hotdogs. Should be a good place to meet some Franklin Co locals. The tailgate will be to the right of the visitors stands if you are facing the press box. They will have a big crowd and you would have a great time there. Try not to bash the UT Vols though, Winchester is Phillip Fulmer's hometown. They are very proud of their local boy.

Hope you feel as welcome as we felt when we visited your town. We won't have a train whistle, but hope you enjoy your visit anyway.

Thanks so much for the info. I just wish the rain would hold off or pass on by, just not during the game. Would you guys want us to bring our train horn? Just kidding. I was looking at your school website yesterday and copied off a team roster, I couldn't help but notice that you have some big ole boys in the OL/DL, are all 3 of the young men that are 300 lbs starters? And is the Sophmore really 6'11? How many of those 23 seniors are starters, and I noticed you have a bumper crop of Sophmores, meaning you guys are only going to get better. But whats up with the 1 freshmen? Any of your team being recruited anywhere? Still we are looking forward to making the trip Friday night. And don't be offended by some of the postings on here, this is the only fun they have all week, shucks you take away their gun and badge and they aren't nothing. They like to flex their little minds from time to time. But really they are nothing. We are good folks, who love football, and eating great food. Still believe it will be Owls 22 Rebels 18 GO OWLS. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Thanks so much for the info. I just wish the rain would hold off or pass on by, just not during the game. Would you guys want us to bring our train horn? Just kidding. I was looking at your school website yesterday and copied off a team roster, I couldn't help but notice that you have some big ole boys in the OL/DL, are all 3 of the young men that are 300 lbs starters? And is the Sophmore really 6'11? How many of those 23 seniors are starters, and I noticed you have a bumper crop of Sophmores, meaning you guys are only going to get better. But whats up with the 1 freshmen? Any of your team being recruited anywhere? Still we are looking forward to making the trip Friday night. And don't be offended by some of the postings on here, this is the only fun they have all week, shucks you take away their gun and badge and they aren't nothing. They like to flex their little minds from time to time. But really they are nothing. We are good folks, who love football, and eating great food. Still believe it will be Owls 22 Rebels 18 GO OWLS. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

That roster on the website is old and does not include the Freshman team. We had one freshman play up with the varsity on Friday nights early in the season. About 8 of those boys are no longer with us and the 6' 11" is a TO. This week we have about 80 boys on the roster since we brought up the Freshman Team to varsity this week. Most of the starters will be seniors with a few juniors.

Have a safe trip down I-24 and don't forget your rain gear! We had wet ball practices all week in anticipation of rain! Please don't let the rain keep you away, we are counting on a big gate for Homecoming! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

So it is homecoming this week for Franklin County? Ok. Well, I guess someone has to be somewhere doing something. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The weather is calling for 90% chance of rain for the daytime hours on Friday, but the rain is supposed to be out by 5:00 PM. It would make for a sloppy game, but atleast we could watch it without getting wet.