Franklin County vs Smith County

RebelHeart

They might be called the Owls, but they reminded me of bees. They were small and very quick with solid black uniforms. They were very good hosts to us last year. I think the whole town was there for the football game. Hope they enjoy the trip down to Winchester on Friday. Gasoline here is now $2.16 gallon!

There is a 50% chance of rain on Friday, they played very well on a wet field last year.

Go Rebels!!

It ought to be a pretty good game. I would expect something close to last year...low scoring. I think SC is quicker on defense this year than last year. I know FC has a very good defense. Holding Cookeville to 12 points is impressive. FC is the most athletic team we will play in the regular season...anyway. They have great size. We just don't see that kind of size in 2a including Alcoa. Shaquille Shedd and Terrance Martin are players.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted in the other thread that anyone coming down from Smith County that wants to, can hit me up we'll try to set up a place to eat before the game. I've already discussed with a couple CoachT'ers about maybe eating at O'Charley's in Manchester or driving on in to Winchester. I work in Manchester so either way is fine with me. Owl fans, you'll be impressed when you walk into the stadium. The Rebels have quite a bit of speed and size going for 'em. This will be tough test for the Owls again this year.

[/b Owls1987, give your cell # to my son at practice so I can call you from Ensworth and we can keep each other updated! Good luck to Smith Co. and travel safe!

Will do Nitro and thanks. Good luck to both of my teams this week /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

WOW! Those gas prices look great down there, will it be ok if we bring a tanker and filled up? We look forward to making the trip down there Friday night. Should be a good game. I for one have never been to FCHS, and was wondering just how big the seating is on the vistors side? I know that S/C will bring a HUGE crowd and was just wanting to know. Could any of you Franklin Co. folks recommend any eat places there, or are you planning a tailgate party that night? We S/C enjoy two things, thats our football, and eating and not always in that order. We also enjoy meeting and making new friends. Still I have to pick our Owls to win this one, Owls 22 Rebels 18. GO OWLS /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

If you guys can venture over to a town bordering Winchester known as Cowan, TN the gas there is $1.99! -Don't know if that is what it will be on Friday we can only hope.

You will have plenty of seating for visitors. Los Alamos is a good Mexican Restaurant -586 S. College St, Winchester, TN 37398 or local steakhouse - Western Sirlon Steakhouse 1911 Decherd Blvd., Decherd, TN 37324-steaks are reasonable.

I read that some local businesses are doing a tailgate at the game- Chili and Hotdogs. Should be a good place to meet some Franklin Co locals. The tailgate will be to the right of the visitors stands if you are facing the press box. They will have a big crowd and you would have a great time there. Try not to bash the UT Vols though, Winchester is Phillip Fulmer's hometown. They are very proud of their local boy.

Hope you feel as welcome as we felt when we visited your town. We won't have a train whistle, but hope you enjoy your visit anyway.

If you guys can venture over to a town bordering Winchester known as Cowan, TN the gas there is $1.99! -Don't know if that is what it will be on Friday we can only hope.

You will have plenty of seating for visitors. Los Alamos is a good Mexican Restaurant -586 S. College St, Winchester, TN 37398 or local steakhouse - Western Sirlon Steakhouse 1911 Decherd Blvd., Decherd, TN 37324-steaks are reasonable.

I read that some local businesses are doing a tailgate at the game- Chili and Hotdogs. Should be a good place to meet some Franklin Co locals. The tailgate will be to the right of the visitors stands if you are facing the press box. They will have a big crowd and you would have a great time there. Try not to bash the UT Vols though, Winchester is Phillip Fulmer's hometown. They are very proud of their local boy.

Hope you feel as welcome as we felt when we visited your town. We won't have a train whistle, but hope you enjoy your visit anyway.

And even though the road is very bumpy. You all should be proud of that.

Yes you have to overlook the karate idiot he does not know any better. He thinks he is cool cause he can break a board with his head!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />