Greeneville to stay in AA in 2009

HSFootballFan7

Found out from the Greeneville Sun that the Devils will be AA beginning next year, but wanting to play up in Northeast Tennessee in District 1.

Would like to hear thoughts from the Greeneville faithful. I have heard the teams they would join if they are allowed in District 1 would include North Greene, South Greene, Unicoi County, Johnson County, Elizabethton, and Sullivan East?

Personally, as a fan of IMAC sports...I am disappointed to see the Devils go. Especially love to watch the basketball teams you guys field. But, understand you must do whats best for the school.

If allowed by the TSSAA to be a member of District 1, Greeneville will be in a conference with, potentially:

Sullivan East - Bluff City

Sullivan North - Bloomingdale

Johnson Co. - Mountain City

Unicoi Co. - Erwin

Elizabethton - Elizabethton

Happy Valley - Elizabethton

2 will

I know some people may be disappointed, but a lot of rivalries come and go. Greeneville will get to rekindle a rivalry with Elizabethton. I could also see them having meaningful rivalries with North, East, and Johnson Co. Plus Greeneville will have 4 non district games to add teams from the IMAC.

Found out from the Greeneville Sun that the Devils will be AA beginning next year, but wanting to play up in Northeast Tennessee in District 1.

Would like to hear thoughts from the Greeneville faithful. I have heard the teams they would join if they are allowed in District 1 would include North Greene, South Greene, Unicoi County, Johnson County, Elizabethton, and Sullivan East?

Personally, as a fan of IMAC sports...I am disappointed to see the Devils go. Especially love to watch the basketball teams you guys field. But, understand you must do whats best for the school.

North Greene is in A next year...

I know some people may be disappointed, but a lot of rivalries come and go. Greeneville will get to rekindle a rivalry with Elizabethton. I could also see them having meaningful rivalries with North, East, and Johnson Co. Plus Greeneville will have 4 non district games to add teams from the IMAC.

The Greeneville vs. Elizabethton rivalry is one of the oldest in the state, look it up. No one in Greeneville really knows why Betsy dropped us. Traveling to Erwin and Elizabethton is not much further at all than going to Morristown. Sullivan North is not far from Dobynns-Bennett either, thats not that far either. Should be good for the Devils, playing where they are supposed to be. Can easily pick up the Morristowns for Non-conference games.