Siegel @ Oakland

MidTennFootball

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must say i am pretty stunned that nobody is talking about this game, given that its for the region championship. I realize that both teams lost last week and that takes the luster off of it to a degree, but this game needless to say, is a big one.

OK, here you go. Your "boy wizard" and the Pats will probably win. Then the region 4-5A "meat grinder" will get cranked up again.

toga-toga

OK, here you go. Your "boy wizard" and the Pats will probably win. Then the region 4-5A "meat grinder" will get cranked up again.

toga-toga

Well I think this game simply comes down to the battle up front. Whoever wins the line of scrimmage will win this game. Will be very interesting to see i whether or not Oakland goes with a new qb or tries a 2 qb system.

The only way Siegel will win against Oakland is if we utilize all of our offense weapons: Gooch, McCord, House, Ward, Haynes, and Jackson. If we get focused in on handing the ball of to House every play (which our coaches tend to do) we will lose the game hands down. We need to keep the pats offense of the field as much as we can so our defensive front will be able to handle Oaklands powerfull running game.

It should be a great game.

---What team will the predicted rain have the biggest affect on?---

The only way Siegel will win against Oakland is if we utilize all of our offense weapons: Gooch, McCord, House, Ward, Haynes, and Jackson. If we get focused in on handing the ball of to House every play (which our coaches tend to do) we will lose the game hands down. We need to keep the pats offense of the field as much as we can so our defensive front will be able to handle Oaklands powerfull running game.

It should be a great game.

---What team will the predicted rain have the biggest affect on?---

If I had to guess, it would be Siegel, since Marc Gooch is a HUGE part of their offense, it could hinder their ability to throw the football. I think you give Oakland's Offense and their running game way too much credit, I think Siegel has the stronger running game of the the 2 teams, Oakland just has the superior defense.

If I had to guess, it would be Siegel, since Marc Gooch is a HUGE part of their offense, it could hinder their ability to throw the football. I think you give Oakland's Offense and their running game way too much credit, I think Siegel has the stronger running game of the the 2 teams, Oakland just has the superior defense.

I haven't seen Oakland play, so I am basing my opinions soley off of what i read and hearsay. But to commit on Siegel's running game; Our running game has suffered greatly since Haynes hurt his ankle in practice before the Brentwood game, he has not hit the holes lead blocking for House like he was at the beggining of the seaason. But i must say once we are able to throw the ball succesfully, ecspecially to others than Gooch, and the opposing defense has to spread out a little bit our running game is very effective.

--What (if any) type of passing game does Oakland have?---

I haven't seen Oakland play, so I am basing my opinions soley off of what i read and hearsay. But to commit on Siegel's running game; Our running game has suffered greatly since Haynes hurt his ankle in practice before the Brentwood game, he has not hit the holes lead blocking for House like he was at the beggining of the seaason. But i must say once we are able to throw the ball succesfully, ecspecially to others than Gooch, and the opposing defense has to spread out a little bit our running game is very effective.

--What (if any) type of passing game does Oakland have?---

Oakland does throw it a fair bit, although their reputation is on the running game. Truth is, Schaller just isnt getting the job done and I would be suprised in the least to see Christian Adams at QB. To me the Offense operates so much better with Adams under center. Oakland can hurt you through the air if they execute well, but thats a big if.

Oakland does throw it a fair bit, although their reputation is on the running game. Truth is, Schaller just isnt getting the job done and I would be suprised in the least to see Christian Adams at QB. To me the Offense operates so much better with Adams under center. Oakland can hurt you through the air if they execute well, but thats a big if.

Thats what i have been hearing though i know nothing about either quarter back.

Should be an interesting game.

If it stays dry i'll give it my stars 27-21, but if the rain comes Oakland wins 14-10.

Well it is finally time for the "Battle of Memorial Blvd"! I am glad it is on the radio as I will not be able to go to any games tonight.

With the rain it favors Oakland's running game over Siegel's passing game. Main thing BOTH teams need to remember is to hold on to the BALL! Everyone needs to also be very alert for loose balls on the ground and not trying to be a hero by picking it up and running with it. Just get down on it and cover up and hang on to it in the pile.

Now we get to see who REALLY wants to be the CHAMPS of Region 4!

Good Luck tonight and have a safe time both on and off the field. Rain and M'boro traffic is dangerous!