Siegel @ Oakland

MidTennFootball

Yes, Mrs. Levi was an inspiration to many. Makes it even tougher to swallow for her family when it is a sudden death like that too.

I just want to say a big WAY TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to the Oakland seniors. These kids have been a ROCK this year. Many would have quit having to endure the harrassment and taunting from other schools and even from OHS students over the last 3 yrs. You guys showed everyone what you are made of. You have LED this team to what they accomplished last night. You guys suffered in the trenches by facing srs as freshmen and sophs and I know now that you realize that you can do anything you set your mind to. I recognized the skill and the determination of so many of you guys when you were just yanked off the sidelines and thrown to the wolves as sophs in a starting role. Your old coaches saw the promise in you, and the new coaches helped you to achieve even more. Barrett, you step up your game when the competition gets tougher. Amey, you NEVER fade under pressure, no matter how hard other teams try to rattle your chain during the game. Deion, you had a chance to be a part of Smyrna's state champ team, yet you returned to OHS. They trashed you on CoachT and lesser men wouldn't have been able to handle it. Yet, look at you.....you have made the BIG plays to TURN games around this year. You showed everyone your stuff....and you made the biggest play of the night last night when it counted the most. I am so proud of you!! The we have the guys stepping up like Zach Barnes. He showed us so much ability last yr, and now he is SHINING brightly. Last night when he scored that TD to swing the Momentum our way was absolutely huge. You could literally see all the air s ucked out of the Siegel crowd with that one. OHS, you were down, but you fought, clawed, and scrapped your way back up to the top. I also want to mention Austin Murray........he is the most under-rated lineman in the region. He quietly gets the job done and is a force to be reckoned with. I just couldn't be prouder of you guys!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note........no Siegel fans on here congratulating OHS?? Big surprise. This is why they don't get respect themselves.

If the two names that I heard prior to the game last night were correct.......the Siegel players who caused the ruckus against Blackman fans last week didn't sit out. But of course that sure didn't surprise me in the least. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but my source of who did it came straight from Blackman country ringside.

Note........no Siegel fans on here congratulating OHS?? Big surprise. This is why they don't get respect themselves.

If the two names that I heard prior to the game last night were correct.......the Siegel players who caused the ruckus against Blackman fans last week didn't sit out. But of course that sure didn't surprise me in the least. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but my source of who did it came straight from Blackman country ringside.

Siegel fans might not 2P but congratulations from the Glade and WC Wildcats to the new and deserving region Champs !!!!!

2p if you haven't notice there haven't been too many siegel posters at all this year, there used to be great wars on here basketball and football but not too many have been posting anymore. guess we all graduated lol.

Definately Congratulations to Oakland the win was well deserved and i hope we meet in the playoffs because it would be a great game.

The word is on the incident that happened at blackman was that Nolan and the blackman principal talked and both came to the same conclusions. The student body shouldn't have rushed the field and its not even supposed to be allowed because of the present danger to the teams home and away. I have many friends at blackman and until i talked to a faculty member at siegel my assumption was the same as yours but claims were that the fighting that happened was spawned out of the blackman fans rushing the field, taunting, and some of the players even got shoved out of the way. I dont condone anything that happenend and it was by no means good on either side. But a conclusion was reached that there was wrong doing on both sides that is why none of the players or blackman fans got suspended but some of the main ones did get talked to by the SRO's and nothing else can happen on either side. I just wanted to get that point accross because thats why nothing was said in the DNJ or anything big because they controled it all in house.

Congradulations on the win i hope siegel can get it together and we can have a rematch in the third round of the playoffs.

No Siegel players sit out becauase of the incident last weekend, there was no way to distinguish who was doing what refs were off the field and cameras were turned off after the last field.

Yep, they are real good about making sure those cameras don't capture anything that might show Siegel in a bad light.

Siegel will be fine. They are a solid football team that got the breaks in the first half and we got the breaks when it counted in the 2nd. OHS is definitely a 2nd half team and I hope we meet yall again in the playoffs. Good luck!