Siegel @ Oakland

MidTennFootball

Eh, if the sun is out at 6, it will be at sunset.

Yea i figured that out in all my brillance after i posted. But still very happy the rain is stopping since our passing game will now have a chance. Although I think we will have to throw to more than just Gooch tonght (not yet relazied by our coaches) for it to truely be effective.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My PREDICTION...............there will be ALOT of towels used tonight in a vain attempt to keep the balls somewhat dry!

Coaches or managers.......BRING extra towels! Lots of extra towels!

Good idea to keep your balls dry. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Footballs that is.

Congrats to the players and coaches at Oakland for TAKING the region crown tonight. You are right OP...... we really don't seem to start games very well, but end up finishing them off in the 4th Q. I really expected doom and gloom when we fumbled that opening kickoff and Siegel scored. I was worried when Siegel controlled the tempo and basically the game for the first 3 quarters. It was like we couldn't do anything right on offense at all. Then my boy SCHALLER made his nice lil run to the 1 yd line and things started cranking up with Precious running it in on the next play. It was like we decided to finally wake up and play some ball. I don't like this catch-up attitude that this team seems to have though. We do this WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too many times. We ran out of time last week....and I am afraid as we hit the playoffs we will run across some teams that won't give us the chance to come back on them like Lebanon did. We have yet to play a solid 4 quarters of ball and to advance we are going to have to.

My first yr of watching OHS play 20 yrs ago, we won the district crown by knocking off Lebanon! Pretty sweet to see us take it once again!

Enjoy the win tonight boys and don't do anything stupid......we have got to take the Blaze seriously. Seems like they have decided to make a run of things right now and we need to end that lil dream of theirs to upset us.

Also congrats to Siegel staff and players for being in the position to play us for the crown. Who'd EVER believe it?

BTW, prayers for the family of Nancy Levi.....an outstanding Oakland teacher who passed away yesterday.

Congratulations CHAMPS!

From last to first in one year is quite an accomplishment for both the team and the Coaching staff!

I agree with 2P as to watching Blackman. They are NOT thru yet upsetting folks.

Actually Blackman was Last in the region last yr, not us. We beat them in week 10 to yank us up to 7th. But thanks.......the kids are thrilled.

Heyfans....next time they call a code red, try to actually WEAR RED!

Congrats to the players and coaches at Oakland for TAKING the region crown tonight. You are right OP...... we really don't seem to start games very well, but end up finishing them off in the 4th Q. I really expected doom and gloom when we fumbled that opening kickoff and Siegel scored. I was worried when Siegel controlled the tempo and basically the game for the first 3 quarters. It was like we couldn't do anything right on offense at all. Then my boy SCHALLER made his nice lil run to the 1 yd line and things started cranking up with Precious running it in on the next play. It was like we decided to finally wake up and play some ball. I don't like this catch-up attitude that this team seems to have though. We do this WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too many times. We ran out of time last week....and I am afraid as we hit the playoffs we will run across some teams that won't give us the chance to come back on them like Lebanon did. We have yet to play a solid 4 quarters of ball and to advance we are going to have to.

My first yr of watching OHS play 20 yrs ago, we won the district crown by knocking off Lebanon! Pretty sweet to see us take it once again!

Enjoy the win tonight boys and don't do anything stupid......we have got to take the Blaze seriously. Seems like they have decided to make a run of things right now and we need to end that lil dream of theirs to upset us.

Also congrats to Siegel staff and players for being in the position to play us for the crown. Who'd EVER believe it?

BTW, prayers for the family of Nancy Levi.....an outstanding Oakland teacher who passed away yesterday.

I think it is just the little things that get to me: the turnovers, procedure penalties, things that should be corrected. But to be fair, this team reminds me so much of the 2002 Ohio St team that its not even funny, we have mastered the art of winning ugly.

Very proud of the defense after a substandard outing last week. Held Siegel to 25 yards rushing and pretty much forced the Stars to become 1 dimensional. Even their 10 points were where they started in Oakland territory.

Offense moved the ball well at times and I did like that we gave Christian some PT, incredibly clutch run by Schaller that swung the momentum to Oakland's side for the rest of the game.

Will be interesting to see how Oakland approaches the Blackman game with the region title locked up, I am not entirely sure if Oakland will play their guys all game, although Im sure Siegel, Smyrna and WC hope we do. Was very sad to hear about Mrs. Levi, she made my transition into Oakland as a freshmen much easier and she was always very kind and interested as to what was going on in my life.

Hey 2p, can you say Oakland Patriots, Region 4-5A Champs? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Actually Blackman was Last in the region last yr, not us. We beat them in week 10 to yank us up to 7th. But thanks.......the kids are thrilled.

Heyfans....next time they call a code red, try to actually WEAR RED!

To be fair 2p, Oakland really didnt do a good job of getting the word out, unless you happened to be connected to the OEC in some form of fashion. Nonetheless, a crowd worthy of a game for the region championship, although the product on the field left a little to be desired at times.

Uh.....it was in the DNJ several times about the Code Red and all over WGNS. I am sure it was announced at school, and it was on their website.........

I am tired of the costly penalties too. We could have tied the game last week as Trevor was nearing his range and we know he can hit under pressure. then we get the unsportsmanlike penalty to ruin it. You are right....these are things that can and should be corrected. We will face some really disciplined teams coming up that will make us pay dearly for those flags if we don't get them under control.

My son was crazy about Mrs. Levi as well and was very saddened to hear the news.

Uh.....it was in the DNJ several times about the Code Red and all over WGNS. I am sure it was announced at school, and it was on their website.........

I am tired of the costly penalties too. We could have tied the game last week as Trevor was nearing his range and we know he can hit under pressure. then we get the unsportsmanlike penalty to ruin it. You are right....these are things that can and should be corrected. We will face some really disciplined teams coming up that will make us pay dearly for those flags if we don't get them under control.

My son was crazy about Mrs. Levi as well and was very saddened to hear the news.

2P, to be fair you have to realize the 'kids' do not read anything in the DNJ except the funnies and WGNS does NOT play music they can mumble to. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

My apologies, I guess people just didnt get on the boat, it was a nice try anyways. Oakland is rollin the money this year with 2 HUGE gates in just 4 Home games up to this point.

I think part of it is trying to undo damage done previously, but you can only put it on the coaches for so long before the players are responsible. I think youth has a part of it with Oakland so many kids that this is their first year in which they have gotten meaningful playing time, but still hard to excuse it this late in the year. However, when it comes down to crunch time, Oakland has gotten it down more often than not, so its hard to complain too much.

I think I will always remember Mrs. Levi and Mrs.Yeager on the scorers table with PA guy John Rice at every home bball game.