How did is Dyer Co. this year?

bigwooten

I actually talked to a scout from one of the recruiting services and he told me CJ Crittendon was a mid major prospect and the only thing holding him back (in this guys opinion) was his three point shooting..........speed and qucikness was not an issue. I saw no fewer than at least 100 D1 players this spring/summer and CJ Crittendeon was just as fast (speed and quicknees both) as the best of the best....for the most part. This kid has an extra gear. If he has the grades I can see him at an OVC type school.....if he doesn't I can see him going JUCO. I think CJ Crittendon is capable of ALOT more that the ordinary fan from West TN has seen thus far.Remember what he did in the Fulton game.........your average or slightly above average players don't posess those qualitites. Only time will tell. I don't know and neither does anybody else know...personally if he has the grades I think he is OVC bound...of course I could be wrong.........Just a word of caution though,,,,some on here had MJ Brown going to UT and being a contributor as a freshman (and were saying he was better and more skilled than Ramar Smith and woud be the #1 backup at UT as a freshman) and some even a potential all american....NO JOKE!!!!! I know a little about CJ Crittendon's situation and his recruitment but I can't source the information in the open so I'm not going to post it. I will leave it at that.

As for Hudson. I trust everything GCPioneer says about this kid and look forward to seeing him for myself. I haven't been this excited to see a newcomer in a long time.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually talked to a scout from one of the recruiting services and he told me CJ Crittendon was a mid major prospect and the only thing holding him back (in this guys opinion) was his three point shooting..........speed and qucikness was not an issue. I saw no fewer than at least 100 D1 players this spring/summer and CJ Crittendeon was just as fast (speed and quicknees both) as the best of the best....for the most part. This kid has an extra gear. If he has the grades I can see him at an OVC type school.....if he doesn't I can see him going JUCO. I think CJ Crittendon is capable of ALOT more that the ordinary fan from West TN has seen thus far.Remember what he did in the Fulton game.........your average or slightly above average players don't posess those qualitites. Only time will tell. I don't know and neither does anybody else know...personally if he has the grades I think he is OVC bound...of course I could be wrong.........Just a word of caution though,,,,some on here had MJ Brown going to UT and being a contributor as a freshman (and were saying he was better and more skilled than Ramar Smith and woud be the #1 backup at UT as a freshman) and some even a potential all american....NO JOKE!!!!! I know a little about CJ Crittendon's situation and his recruitment but I can't source the information in the open so I'm not going to post it. I will leave it at that.

As for Hudson. I trust everything GCPioneer says about this kid and look forward to seeing him for myself. I haven't been this excited to see a newcomer in a long time.

He cant play in the OVC.He will be a DivisionII or NAIA player.As for MJ,he is at the right place.We will see how he does against TENN the 2nd game of the year.By the way,Tenn doesnt have a true backup point guard as Daniel West is inelgible right now and JP prince is a slasher than a point guard.So they actually have issues at the point.I said that he could get minutes at the point if he went there.

He cant play in the OVC.He will be a DivisionII or NAIA player.As for MJ,he is at the right place.We will see how he does against TENN the 2nd game of the year.By the way,Tenn doesnt have a true backup point guard as Daniel West is inelgible right now and JP prince is a slasher than a point guard.So they actually have issues at the point.I said that he could get minutes at the point if he went there.

Time will tell....what you said is that MJ would end up being the backup to Maze (over West) his freshman season. BTW, I know about West being ineligible. OH, and from MJ's own mouth ...he said he didn't want to go to UT and ride the bench. (you said he could get minutes..not what MJ said,,,,LOL) Seems I am one of the VERY VERY FEW on here that said UTM or W Kentucky was the right place for MJ all along.....not you. I'm just letting everybody know that you do know alot ( not saying you don't) but some things you say need to be taken with a grain of salt. You along with quite a few others really looked bad with your MJ comments..........and most didn't even have the guts to get on here and simply say "I was wrong" and do the right thing and wish MJ luck at UTM.

I will go with what the scout said..... plus from watching CJ Crittendon play with the ballerz over the summer. BTW, the ballerz team CJ Crittendon played on was ranked in the top 25 AAU all summer (I'm pretty sure of that) and played a brutal AAU schedule.

I'm not here to argue with you about MJ. I just couldn't help myself after all the insane things that were being posted as recent as two months ago and once MJ decided on UTM everybody went into hibernation...including you....only to resurface now and give expert opinion on other players potential. You also questioned Willie Kemps ability to. Like I said people need to take some of the the things you say with a grain of salt. I certainly do.......but, I would never seek your advice and opinion to begin with. I am quite capable of seeing with my own to eyes and forming my own opinion.

This comment has nothing to do about CJ because I think he is a heck of a ball player, but you can not put much stock in the AAU ranking because it was the Ballerz head coach doing the rankings. There was not an AAU team in Tennessee that was a top 25 team in the nation, only because the really good players were spread out on to many teams in Tennessee.

This comment has nothing to do about CJ because I think he is a heck of a ball player, but you can not put much stock in the AAU ranking because it was the Ballerz head coach doing the rankings. There was not an AAU team in Tennessee that was a top 25 team in the nation, only because the really good players were spread out on to many teams in Tennessee.

The Mid state Ballerz team CJ was on was most certainly ranked in teh top 25 national rankings. If you say you can't put stock in AAU ranking your wrong again. The ranikngs are based on won loss records and what top notch tournements the teams played in and what teams they beat in those tournements. I saw this team with my own two eyes and they beat some very very good teams from all over the United States. Most likely every player on this baller team will have a better than 75% shot to play D1. Did you see them play this summer?

I know for a fact they played in the Real Deal on the Hill at Fayettville AR, the Bob Gibbons classic, The Peach Jam, The Nationals in Orlando ad a few others.....that my friend is a brutal AAU schedule against the best competition this country has to offer. The Team CJ played on did have players from allover the state ...your right. But not everybody has a shiot to get invited to play with the best ballers team and CJ Crittendeon did. The real top notch competetiion is AAU not highschool. How many times have you seen Coach K, Coach Cal, Roy Williams, Pearl, Donavam, Billy G, and a host of others all in the same building for a high school game?

Some of the teams the Ballerz South team beat: Miami Tropics, Birmingham Ice, Texas Select, Louisiana Future, Birmingham Raptors, New Orleans Jazz, Team Final, Memphis YOMCA

Do some research on these team and then you will know what kind of competition this team played.

Last, this post is about Dyer County. And in my humble opionion CJ Crittendon is the best player on the team so it's certainly warranted that he would be a BIG part of this discussion.

The point is this kid played all summer against some of the best players in the country on a very good AAU team and showed he could play at another level. What that tranlates into I don't know and neither does anybody else. If he has the grades and can pass the ACT he has a shot to play for an OVC type school...I think. If I'm wrong so be it but I do know a few things already to back up what I'm saying.

I saw the Ballerz play several times this summer and yes with my own eyes. I was at Tournaments in Houston, Las Vegas, Indianapolis, Louisville, Memphis, North Carolina, Atlanta, Augusta, and Orlando. Were you? The Ballerz did not play in the Peach Jam, that is for the top 24 Nike teams. They played in Augusta but it was not the Peach Jam. I will say that was probably their best tournament of the year. I saw the best teams in the Nation and the Ballerz was not a top 25 team, a vey good team absolutely, but definitely not one of the 25 best teams in the nation. Again I stand by my statement and back it up by actually seeing hundreds of 17U teams play this summer all over the US, and once again the rankings you refer to were done by the Ballerz head coach.

And absolutely agree on all your statements on CJ.

I saw the Ballerz play several times this summer and yes with my own eyes. I was at Tournaments in Houston, Las Vegas, Indianapolis, Louisville, Memphis, North Carolina, Atlanta, Augusta, and Orlando. Were you? The Ballerz did not play in the Peach Jam, that is for the top 24 Nike teams. They played in Augusta but it was not the Peach Jam. I will say that was probably their best tournament of the year. I saw the best teams in the Nation and the Ballerz was not a top 25 team, a vey good team absolutely, but definitely not one of the 25 best teams in the nation. Again I stand by my statement and back it up by actually seeing hundreds of 17U teams play this summer all over the US, and once again the rankings you refer to were done by the Ballerz head coach.

And absolutely agree on all your statements on CJ.

OK I stand corrected on the Peach Jam. You are right it is a Nike tourny. And No I was not at all the tournemts all ove the country because I have a job that would not allow me that kind of time off. By your count you traveld to over 9 major cities all ove the country.........are you a AAU coach or somehow affiliated with some AAU program because us average joes simply don't have the time or resources to make that many tournements...factor in travel, hotels, food and every thing else and that is quite a chunk of change. I in noway saw the teams and talent you did but I did get to see no fewer than 17 of the top 100 players in the country and at a minimum over 100 D1 talents...most likey many more that that.

BTW, do you mind if I IM you from time to time? Somebody with your knowledge, insight, and opinion would be valued by someone like myself. I love basketball and am eager to learn as much and anything and everything from those in the know. I appreciate your post.....and I didn't know that was the coaches ranking but they were a very very good team with some impressive wins.

How about getting back to the topic. Dyer County and how they will fare this year.

I think they will win there district FOR SURE!!!!! Crittendon and Pierce will form one of the best backcourts in Rural West TN...plus, they are so well coached. I was amazed watching them last season...to play at such a break neck pace and everybody on the same page was something else. I think Gibson County might suprise some people to.

I think they will win there district FOR SURE!!!!! Crittendon and Pierce will form one of the best backcourts in Rural West TN...plus, they are so well coached. I was amazed watching them last season...to play at such a break neck pace and everybody on the same page was something else. I think Gibson County might suprise some people to.

Dyer Co and Lake Co will probably play against each other in the Dyersburg Jamboree...It should be an exciting game for the half that they'll play but in no way will I look at it at who is better..I'm pretty positive Coach Whitby will play at least 10 players,including freshmen Raphael Tyler and Ricky Boyd and Coach McCord will probably do the same in the Hudson kid,Sedarius Taylor,Fred Yarbrough and Cranston Fisk,along with most of his older guys..But still ..will be a lot of talent on the floor for both teams..And both teams could also have several players still playing football...I know Lake Co has Patrick Robertson,Carlos Young,Rafael Tyler,Ricky Boyd,and probably going to be basketball players this year ,Dominic Kimble and Josh Bledsoe..By the way..I said Coach Whitby would probably play a lot..Coach Whitby won't be allowed to coach in the jamboree and the first 3 games this year..but I'm sure he'll leave word...

Dyer Co and Lake Co will probably play against each other in the Dyersburg Jamboree...It should be an exciting game for the half that they'll play but in no way will I look at it at who is better..I'm pretty positive Coach Whitby will play at least 10 players,including freshmen Raphael Tyler and Ricky Boyd and Coach McCord will probably do the same in the Hudson kid,Sedarius Taylor,Fred Yarbrough and Cranston Fisk,along with most of his older guys..But still ..will be a lot of talent on the floor for both teams..And both teams could also have several players still playing football...I know Lake Co has Patrick Robertson,Carlos Young,Rafael Tyler,Ricky Boyd,and probably going to be basketball players this year ,Dominic Kimble and Josh Bledsoe..By the way..I said Coach Whitby would probably play a lot..Coach Whitby won't be allowed to coach in the jamboree and the first 3 games this year..but I'm sure he'll leave word...

Do you have the date of the Jamboree?

Do you have the date of the Jamboree?

I'm really not sure ..Haven't seen anything about a date for the jamboree but I believe Lake Co opens up on the 20th at Brighton....So based on that..I'd think we will play on a Saturday..and by that the jamboree should be on the 15th..Just a guess though!Usually it's Halls,Dyersburg,Millington,Dyer Co,Lake Co and I believe Brighton.. Seems like Halls usually plays Millington..Lake Co. plays Dyer Co and Dyersburg plays Brighton!