South Pittsburg @ Grace Academy

TheAmbassador

I would say that we have the best defense in all of 1A with our size of line and speed in linebackers and secondary. Offense I think is a little down from last year only because we are missing a bruiser like Robert Robinson that would run over someone over and over again. Then again replacing Rob with David, there is not much of a set back for the Pirates. If anyone in 1A beats them it will take a great effort because they are tough! Speed and Power, now that is something you can not coach!

Heck if we had Mr.Robert Robinson the pirates would no doubt be able to compete with anyone in the state he use to run over and around opponents. He sured is missed by the old pirates.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus it's been two years now, Temple made a mistake and they are paying. Y'all are too good to be bashing programs and things that happened in the past. Focus on this season.

While you are correct about it being in the past, WE didn't bring it up. The former TT people did.

Where is zonepirate? If he is sick, I hope for him a speedy recovery. Just havent seen his post lately and thought I would ask. Good luck pirates. Peace and Love from Jackie Moon.

Alive and kickin'....just busier than usual and don't have much time for the T.

Blake is good for a couple scores....he's a heck of a QB and maybe the best one we will see all year. Grace has several other talented kids also. If Grace has actually practiced defense and their coach doesn't go for it on 4th and long from their end of the field every time they might make it a game. If their D hasn't improved it will be another trip to the half-a-hundred club because they won't be able to stop us. Their D last year was terrible.

A question??? How come Grace would not agree to move the game to Thursday? SP wanted to but Grace wouldn't do it

Why did SP want to change it to Thursday /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> . Its called Friday Night Lights for a reason

Could it be that some of Grace's students may not be physically able to go to school Fri. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Good luck to both teams

Why did SP want to change it to Thursday /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> . Its called Friday Night Lights for a reason

Could it be that some of Grace's students may not be physically able to go to school Fri. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Good luck to both teams

Ya'll moved your game to Sat....fri night lights??? LOL. Some parents and coaches have little kids who want to go trick or treating...good enough reason for you??? I never thought about the Grace players who may be a little sore /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

After scrimmaging South Pitt in the pre season, they give us (a AAA school that is 9-0) a heck of a scrimmage. They will beat Grace as bad as they want on there way back to the BORO for another title! Good luck South Pitt from a Mcminn Central fan!

Old Pirate says Good Luck to the Chargers. SP folks were impressed with the Big Blue during the scrimmage and knew they would do well this season. Congrats on a great season thus far.

OP SAYS, "IF YOU'RE NOT THE LEAD DOG..THE SCENARY AND SMELL NEVER CHANGES" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Dadoffour, my bad but I do think you are a Temple guy correct? Grace is probably not a terrible team, but it will be EXTREMELY tough to beat SP. I think that Temple game a few years ago featured about 5 or 6 turnovers by SP. I don't think it was them being unprepared. Anyway, none of that matters now because Temple got caught cheating and now they don't even have a program. I expect Rector's experience this season against SP to be much like it was last season when he visited THE PITT! Painful! Maybe Dadoffour should get ready to kneel to his Ambassador on Friday night. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Old Pirate says Good Luck to the Chargers. SP folks were impressed with the Big Blue during the scrimmage and knew they would do well this season. Congrats on a great season thus far.

OP SAYS, "IF YOU'RE NOT THE LEAD DOG..THE SCENARY AND SMELL NEVER CHANGES" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

you must have read my autobiography

Thanks for the compliments about our team.. After the scrimmage, I knew South Pitt was going to be a big time contender in single A again. They just showed they could play in AAA and hold there on. Good Luck the rest of the way

After scrimmaging South Pitt in the pre season, they give us (a AAA school that is 9-0) a heck of a scrimmage. They will beat Grace as bad as they want on there way back to the BORO for another title! Good luck South Pitt from a Mcminn Central fan!

Not only a heck of a scrimmage but we squeaked out a win vs the chargers.

Canadian, I caught the end of that scrimmage and I think someone told me it ended up with SP on top by like 3 or 4 points. Is this correct? I remember looking at your team and thinking WOW. You guys had some SERIOUS looking athletes that day. Good luck on your quest for a trip to The Boro. Who does it look like will be the toughest teams you will have to face along the way in the east?

I think Jeffy is right. I heard it was a very narrow win for SP.