South Pittsburg @ Grace Academy

TheAmbassador

I don't think Grace will win a couple. I just looked at the matchups and IF they win they will have to play Trousdale in the 2nd round. I talked with someone that listened to it on the radio and the stats on the radio had SP dominating in offensive yards. #2 is a really good player though. SP has a fast defense and he was getting away from them. The real season starts now. They better buckle it up and try to enjoy the ride for as long as it can last.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only got to see the 3rd quarter, but was pretty impressed with Grace. They've got to be dissapointed with the loss though. They kept stopping Spitts one dimensional offense but were killing themselves with penalties. I counted 3 unsportsmanlikes in the 3rd alone.

Wow...Blake is impressive. Clearly the best player on the field. Spitt constantly had him on the run but he kept picking apart their secondary.

Good luck to Grace. If they go into the playoffs with a little more discipline and catch a few breaks they could win a few.

I don't think Blake picked us apart. I don't know what his completion % was but I bet it was not good. Grace's best play was him rolling out and taking off down the sideline. In the fourth SP started putting more pressure on him and sacked him a few more times to stop any hope of a comeback. He was pretty much the only thing Grace had. He was far from the best player on the field. SP has a lot of players better than him. I don't what you mean by one dimensional offense. If you can run all over a team why do anything different. The biggest gripe I had was the visitor stands. It was a joke. If a school can't have any thing better than that they should not be able to host any big games. It was worse than Lookout Valley and Tyner, which I thought was not possible. I guess I am just spoiled by the nice stadium we have at Pittsburg. Next time the SP fans should just take over the home side. We always have more fans than the home team anyway. Good luck to the Pirates and Warriors next week.

David Jones dominated 5 minutes in the fourth when grace gave up...

the game was alot closer than the score. it was 18-10 southpitt with 7 and change on the clock in the fourth quarter. But when sPitt intercepted the ball deep in their own territory and drove down the field and scored putting them up 24-10, grace just gave up and let David run all over them. Grace looked really strong and should win a couple in the playoffs.

They play four full quarters the last time I looked. SP plays the whole game and if Grace gives up when they are down they will not go far in the playoffs. The cream will always rise to the top.

They play four full quarters the last time I looked. SP plays the whole game and if Grace gives up when they are down they will not go far in the playoffs. The cream will always rise to the top.

congrats on the win..... Looks like two valley teams will be hosting playoff games next week. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I only got to see the 3rd quarter, but was pretty impressed with Grace. They've got to be dissapointed with the loss though. They kept stopping Spitts one dimensional offense but were killing themselves with penalties. I counted 3 unsportsmanlikes in the 3rd alone.

Wow...Blake is impressive. Clearly the best player on the field. Spitt constantly had him on the run but he kept picking apart their secondary.

Good luck to Grace. If they go into the playoffs with a little more discipline and catch a few breaks they could win a few.

Now you've done it. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Good win SP friends. Keep on track and get them big ole lineman ready to rumble in the new season. Best of luck to the pirates and maybe we will see you in the boro again.

Good Luck Pirates in the playoffs from the Rebels out west....... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congrats MCHSFAN. Just watched the highlights from channel 3. Your boys looked good tonight.

A little sloppy at first but hey, hard to play a team and refs to. Regardless, we came away with the win...Hopefully both teams will go far in the playoffs. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't think Blake picked us apart. I don't know what his completion % was but I bet it was not good. Grace's best play was him rolling out and taking off down the sideline. In the fourth SP started putting more pressure on him and sacked him a few more times to stop any hope of a comeback. He was pretty much the only thing Grace had. He was far from the best player on the field. SP has a lot of players better than him. I don't what you mean by one dimensional offense. If you can run all over a team why do anything different. The biggest gripe I had was the visitor stands. It was a joke. If a school can't have any thing better than that they should not be able to host any big games. It was worse than Lookout Valley and Tyner, which I thought was not possible. I guess I am just spoiled by the nice stadium we have at Pittsburg. Next time the SP fans should just take over the home side. We always have more fans than the home team anyway. Good luck to the Pirates and Warriors next week.

Well, you could have saved yourself the 10+ bucks you spent at the game plus the 20 it probably cost to drive to Chattanooga and back and handed out candy. Grace's football program is only about 6 years old. Y'all have had your program for a long time...longer than the 38 years you've been living. The field they play on is also the baseball/softball field and can't exactly be transformed into a football stadium with raised seating. It cost TONS of money to build a stadium but first you need the property to do so which there is none. Sorry it wasn't to your liking. And y'all are always welcome on our side.

As for the game, very fun game to watch. The first 3 quarters were very intense. Jones is very very tough and hard to bring down and for sure showed those skills in the fourth. It was very nice to see Grace be that physical against the number 1 team in the state. Good luck to you Pirates and hopefully we can meet again. Hope all made it back home safely!

Jones cant hold a candle to Blake........speed (not even close) athleticism (not even close).....DJ is decent but not the caliber of Blake all around

YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND DUDE. PUTTING THEM TWO IN THE SAME CATEGORY WHEN SPEAKING IS JUST PLAIN IGNORANCE! JONE HAWKED BLAKE DOWN SEVERAL; TIME IN THIS GAME IN THE SECOND HALF. SPEED NOT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE BUT I DONT SEE MR BLAKE EVEN CLOSE TO DAVID JONES TALENT WISE. THE BIGGER POINT THOUGH IS SOUTH PITT REGION CHAMPS TEAM BLAKE NOT. SOUTH PITT MAKING THEIR WAY TO ANOTHER STATE TITLE TEAM BLAKE NOT. POINT BLANK PERIOD!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Jones cant hold a candle to Blake........speed (not even close) athleticism (not even close).....DJ is decent but not the caliber of Blake all around

Lets see, Jones had 197 yds rushing in one half that he played, 3 td's, 2 sacks, 7 tackles. I don't think you all would have stopped him if he played the other half.

I thought this game would e a lot closer than the people were predicting, I expect Grace to do well in the playoffs. Good luck to both schools.