Jo Byrns vs McEwen

FridayMainEvent

Game Winner  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Game Winner

I knew their was a reason I didn't like you.........REDNECK!!.. Bout time you Bama folks started getting them Christmas decorations out isn't it?? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

That hurts /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> it's ok though since we left knoxville with a 20 point W /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see JB losing this one. Tummins is quite the talent for Class A ball, but he's not enough to break through a defense that will consistently put 8-9 in the box. Unless Matt Barkley moved to McEwen this week, the Red Devils take it by two scores and host Moore County next week I'm guessing.

Every team McEwen has played loaded the box and the only game he hasn't put up over 100 is Clarksville academy and the other two backs both went over 100 and ET had over 90.Im not saying Jo Byrns doesn't have a good Defence but McEwen will move the ball.

I got a solution that might solve your kicking problem. Put a 10 foot ladder right behind the uprights and place that fathead Logger on top of it! The huge vacuum that is created from all the air swirling from ear to ear through that empty head will pull any kicks in the vicinity right through the uprights!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Speakin of fatheads.......Anybody heard from Butchie lately?

I thought I'd start seeing more mTp folks on this thread. I'm pretty sure there is a chance JB could be making an earlier trip to The Jungle than normal if there is a combination of wins/losses. Hope not, but possible. I have not seen a scenerio where mTp would make a round 1 trip to The Dungeon.

We will more than likely end up with the number 2 seed in region 6. I would much rather JB come to us than us go to JB. That's a heck of a drive. If we have the 2nd seed we will play the looser of JB McEwen correct? Who is 4 in region 5?

I ain't heard from Butchie either. Maybe the old bear has gone into hibernation.

We will more than likely end up with the number 2 seed in region 6. I would much rather JB come to us than us go to JB. That's a heck of a drive. If we have the 2nd seed we will play the looser of JB McEwen correct? Who is 4 in region 5?

I ain't heard from Butchie either. Maybe the old bear has gone into hibernation.

if MTP winds up 2nd they will play the loser of this friday's McEwen/JBS game...

The 4th place team in the region will be decided this friday also at the Forrest/MTCS game...

Should be an intresting week for region 5...

Every team McEwen has played loaded the box and the only game he hasn't put up over 100 is Clarksville academy and the other two backs both went over 100 and ET had over 90.Im not saying Jo Byrns doesn't have a good Defence but McEwen will move the ball.

The difference will be the fact that Jo Byrns won't have to worry about the passing game like they did last week against Cascade. As a matter of fact Jo Byrns stopped Cascade's running attack for most of the night. Jo Byrns has a good run defense; they stop-up the middle and clean up good on the sweeps. The fact that McEwen is so one-dimensional will help Jo Byrns tremendously with their defensive game plan. On the other hand, Jo Byrns doesn't have much of a passing game either so this should be a low scoring affair but I think Jo Byrns pulls it out in a close one.

The drive is worth it when these teams get together though! The only upside I see in JB travelling to The Jungle is that I think they are "due" to win there. For one thing, I don't think JB has won there...ever. I know we didn't back in '95 when MOTO, Raynok, and I played there. Another reason is '05-JB wins at home / '06-mTp wins at home / '07-mTp wins away / '08-This is where I say JB is "due" to get one in the series and win one away. Not trying to stir the pot, just a hunch, it's all "IFs" for now right? "If ifs and butts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a good time!"

I wanted to paste this in from the Reg 5 thread...

JB @ McEwen. Not only a game for 2nd place and a home playoff game, they're playing to keep from potentially going to Wayne Co. depending on how Reg 6 shapes up. That's a looooong drive and no easy way to get there.

Plus you have to deal with the horrible officiating crew and their rediculous fans.

PASS ? Why pass when you can run the ball, DUHHH !!! I know I havent posted much this year but come on, I'm a surporter of red devils in all sports but something I have noticed as of late, why r the devils pooch kicking the ball on kickoffs all the time giving the other team the ball at the 50 with just half the field to work with and with less than 1 minute to go in the game ? maybe someone could give me an answer. is the Ashbraner kid hurt or something I know I didnt see him in the game much except on defence, wont make the mcewen game but good luck devils.

Yes I do think this team has got to be able to pass; maybe not against all teams but some teams. If our ground game was a little more dominating I might agree with you but it's not. This is just my opinion, but in '06 (and maybe '05) I think JB could have had a shot at winning it all if they would have kept the ball on the ground the whole time. I think we could have been a little more consistent on offense. That's in the past now but for this team we've got to be able to pass. And I'm not talking plays that take 20 seconds to develop and allow the defense to get to the QB, I'm talking stuff that takes only a second to develop. The way I see it is if we're okay with 3-6 yards per rush, why can we be okay with 3-6 yard passes. We don't have to have 40 yard pass plays to be successful. Again, just my opinion but I'd put in a few more formations that allowed me to get the ball in the hands of #17 & #83 more quickly and let them make plays on the edges. We do that now but I think they're split out too wide (i.e. takes a little too much time to develop). I could go on and on but my point/opinion is that we've got to be able to pass the ball but we also need to make some changes to the passing game. And those changes have to do with X's and O's and not players or coaches. I know it sounds like I'm bashing Coach Adkins but I don't mean to. He's a very good coach and JB would be hurting without him, I just wish he'd change things up a little. Like the saying goes, you can't keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. I'm telling all you guys...with our defense and the current state of West TN football, JB has a legit shot at making it to the big game but the offense needs some tweaking.