Sullivan South @ Tennessee High

Mountain Lakes Championship Game  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Mountain Lakes Championship Game

Well, "Doc Holliday" I had no clue where you were and then...well let's just say I was afraid I might have to have a little "Crowe" myself. Being as how you always seem to be where you're not...or vice versa.

Well what you missed was the Viking Ship pulled right up to the 25 yard line and appeared non other than...you guessed it...Capitano'1. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Needless to say I was rocked. The person who prompted me to go to the range and fire off a few rounds of 9 mil...The person who introduced me to the CoachT boards with..."Don't start none, won't be none" and caused me to go to minute man mode for the last 2 years...the man who said, "One Man Show" more times than Waco said, "44-0"...The man who made me go check and make sure we had a RB. The man who is the opitome of intimidate but don't be intimidated. Yeah...to say the least, I was surprised! Big things come in small packages as they say!

So Cap...I need to know what #5 runs the 40 in? #15 seems to be running a bit faster than his past numbers show and I'm thinking he needs to be reevaluated.

Anyway Volman, sorry to exclude you from meeting "His Highness"...it was icing on the cake.

Gotta love the Capster! The ole Capironi. The Capmeister. Capskinski. Well, you get the pic. Cap is the MAN! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for Bobby's pat on the back. He needs it right now... as he regains some of his freedom (no influence from your Dr. Spock parenting, sweety Cap! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ) He's earned them- clean drug tests, etc. I drive a pretty hard bargain, so if he's making headway with me- you know he's earned it! We feed the boy FARM CHORES! Pick some stalls, feed the cattle & horses before school and again when you get home after practice. Those guns of his? ... NOT from weight lifting--- those are from putting up square bales all summer and throwin' them down all fall & winter. The boy works hard for his arms on my ranch, baby. I'm a rough Ranch Boss Lady- just ask around. He can actually ride a horse better than I can for a black kid. I can say that because he's my kid! Thanks for support for Bobby- we look forward to a great finish and a healthy year in '09. You senior parents better come out and throw us some Rebel Alum support even if your kids are off in college. For me....Greg and I will have a kid at South the rest of our living time on earth with our youngest at 4! We spoil her--- she's picking our nursing home. Love, Mama Taylor #2 Rebel Love

Mom,

I try to avoid throwing in my 2 cents during the season... "try" being the key word there.

But, ya know we've got 6 ourselves, 5 of which are boys. Youngest is also 4. So, I guess we'll all be spending our lives together at South. So, should ya be looking for someone to sit with....

By the way, tell Bobby his little buddy is scoring 2 or 3 tds a Saturday in at CHAC flag. Reminds me of somebody..hmm??? Maybe next year we can make some of the Rebs make an appearance at a Saturday game... maybe we should start in numerical order as well, huh? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Very physical game no doubt but South prevailed in the trenches in this one. We had a battle of the running backs w/ Fletcher coming out on top in this game, i think though not posted yet that Fletcher will just barely lose the regular season rushing title by a mere 44 yards!! But just remeber Sheppard had about 70 more tries with it than Fletcher over the course of the season.

I'll have to agree w/ Mountainman on the officiating of this game, it was SUB-par at best, blatant blocks in the back and holds never called on THS it was a sight to behold.

GREAT JOB REBELS NOW CONTINIUE THE MARCH TO STATE!

Mom,

I try to avoid throwing in my 2 cents during the season... "try" being the key word there.

But, ya know we've got 6 ourselves, 5 of which are boys. Youngest is also 4. So, I guess we'll all be spending our lives together at South. So, should ya be looking for someone to sit with....

By the way, tell Bobby his little buddy is scoring 2 or 3 tds a Saturday in at CHAC flag. Reminds me of somebody..hmm??? Maybe next year we can make some of the Rebs make an appearance at a Saturday game... maybe we should start in numerical order as well, huh? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Yes, they'll have a wheelchair there for us by the time our last ones are through, won't they? And get your 2cents in here! We need it! Hey, when's the next CHAC game and Bobby will show up with some crew... you're right- it would be good for those guys to see the big boys cheering them on. Next game & time?

Yes, they'll have a wheelchair there for us by the time our last ones are through, won't they? And get your 2cents in here! We need it! Hey, when's the next CHAC game and Bobby will show up with some crew... you're right- it would be good for those guys to see the big boys cheering them on. Next game & time?

Should Bobby bring them popcicles???? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Should Bobby bring them popcicles???? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

LOL! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> It's a little cool out for the popcicles right now! We'll have to wait until summer and fulfill that promise. I'll never live it down if we don't.

Maybe we can get the Rebs to visit the CHAC kids some next year as well, as this one is wrapping up. All the little kids, not just mine, love it when they get attention from the Rebs. When the Rock Springs teachers let some of the kids visit Death Valley during school and homecoming festivities, they LOVED it! #2, #1, #10 and others went up and visited them in the stands giving high fives. It's these little things that build upon the tradition and program that has started with South Football. A little attention to the next generation goes a long ways. The future Rebs all know who the current Rebs are and look up to them. There's a bunch of little student-athletes looking forward to wearing the gray and columbia blue. Heck, #1's mini-me clone even has the first Curt Phillips autographed football. I often find it next to his pillow at night when I go up to double check on 'em. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

LOL! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> It's a little cool out for the popcicles right now! We'll have to wait until summer and fulfill that promise. I'll never live it down if we don't.

Maybe we can get the Rebs to visit the CHAC kids some next year as well, as this one is wrapping up. All the little kids, not just mine, love it when they get attention from the Rebs. When the Rock Springs teachers let some of the kids visit Death Valley during school and homecoming festivities, they LOVED it! #2, #1, #10 and others went up and visited them in the stands giving high fives. It's these little things that build upon the tradition and program that has started with South Football. A little attention to the next generation goes a long ways. The future Rebs all know who the current Rebs are and look up to them. There's a bunch of little student-athletes looking forward to wearing the gray and columbia blue. Heck, #1's mini-me clone even has the first Curt Phillips autographed football. I often find it next to his pillow at night when I go up to double check on 'em. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Let's make our own committee to make sure the big boys visit with the little guys more often next year. Maybe have an FCA meeting at CHAC or something- take them crosses like we do the visiting team with their school colors? It's also good for our boys to be reminded that they are roles models and are constantly being watched by the lil guys. #2 got cell phone priviledges back this week- he said "yeah! I can call home when I need a ride now!" yeah...that was the original use for the phone, dear boy. He's remembering the original uses of lots of things these days! Thanks for your letters & support. We appreaciate you!