Sullivan South @ Tennessee High

Mountain Lakes Championship Game  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Mountain Lakes Championship Game

I know Rebel fans will find it odd that I start this thread, but after a last minute decision to forgo the Tennessee High @ Sullivan Central game to attend the Sullivan South @ Elizabethton game, (sorry Cap, my buddy didn't want to watch a Cougar massacre just because of his wife, /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />) my laurels have been changed. My opinion of the Rebel program, that had been made negative by some posters on these boards, was changed by the players on the field, as it should have been based on to begin with. Congratulations to the Rebels for their victory, staying within your game plan on offense and capitalizing with points off Elizabethton's mistakes is to be commended. I was troubled, however, to see #10 Clint Phillips and #72 Hunter Beedle leave with injuries. Any word?

On another note, congratulations to Tennessee High for their big victory over the Cougars of Sullivan Central. It has been an understandable year of ups and downs in your camp. It shows your resilience and determination to come to this point with the opportunity to play for the conference championship against your most hated rival. Your play has peaked at the right time and you go into this match up with a full head of steam. I hate to hear that #20 Matt Pendleton reinjured his broken arm. Any word?

I wish both teams a great week of practice and safe travels this Friday, fans included. It will be a good one, /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />.

Let??™s hear it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Rebel fans will find it odd that I start this thread, but after a last minute decision to forgo the Tennessee High @ Sullivan Central game to attend the Sullivan South @ Elizabethton game, (sorry Cap, my buddy didn't want to watch a Cougar massacre just because of his wife, /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> ) my laurels have been changed. My opinion of the Rebel program, that had been made negative by some posters on these boards, was changed by the players on the field, as it should have been based on to begin with. Congratulations to the Rebels for their victory, staying within your game plan on offense and capitalizing with points off Elizabethton's mistakes is to be commended. I was troubled, however, to see #10 Clint Phillips and #72 Hunter Beedle leave with injuries. Any word?

On another note, congratulations to Tennessee High for their big victory over the Cougars of Sullivan Central. It has been an understandable year of ups and downs in your camp. It shows your resilience and determination to come to this point with the opportunity to play for the conference championship against your most hated rival. Your play has peaked at the right time and you go into this match up with a full head of steam. I hate to hear that #20 Matt Pendleton reinjured his broken arm. Any word?

I wish both teams a great week of practice and safe travels this Friday, fans included. It will be a good one, /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> .

Let??™s hear it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Tricities, you evidently are a Viking but the "hated rival" spout is not a true descriptor of how these teams play. IMOP, and Yes, they have battled the last 4-5 years ruthelessly and because their is no other way when they come together but I have only seen a model showing of sportsmanship which is the way it should be for the the battle for the conference leader. I don't recall unsportsmanlike conduct as a rule of thumb for either team. Their respective coaches are above such tactics. Granted, the officating is always in question. High profile games allow no other consequense. That said, I commend these two teams for playing the game of football and not the streetfighting, anything goes, tactics that went on last night.

As well, Cap would not be the one to disclose any crucial or otherwise game changing information to the competition. At any rate, I hope Pendleton recovers quickly. Beedle and Phillips will be fine for Halloween. And Redbone covered nicely for the "Roadgrader". As well, the "Human Manhole Cover", Rick Neely performed nicely in Clints absence. It's cool how pressure sometimes brings out the best in people that are otherwise untested outside of practice. Of course Ricky has been cannonballing people since middle school. But now we know the Redbone man can step it up when the heat is on.

It is obvious the Vikings are hitting their peak at just the right time. The Rebels played the worst game of their season last night. There were pluses but overall it was a poor performance. It was a good thing to get the cobwebs out before Halloween. I don't think either side will be seeing this game any other way but a dogfight. This will be game of the year in NET. DB would have trouble with the Vikings at this point in the season.

I feel sure both sides will come with surprises. Gifts of laden if you will. Treats with explosive Tricks. So South will travel to the Castle on Halloween to see if we can pour a little water on the Wicked Witch of the West.

So Cap...pull the draw bridge at 7:30 and by the time we reach to tower in the fourth quarter their will be chants of "YO-HO, YO-HO, YO-HO...I've got you now my pretty...But in the end all that will be heard is, "Oh no, not water...I'm melting, I'm melting, I'm melting...Oh, what a world, what a world...Rebel Nation.

Tricities, you evidently are a Viking but the "hated rival" spout is not a true descriptor of how these teams play. IMOP, and Yes, they have battled the last 4-5 years ruthelessly and because their is no other way when they come together but I have only seen a model showing of sportsmanship which is the way it should be for the the battle for the conference leader. I don't recall unsportsmanlike conduct as a rule of thumb for either team. Their respective coaches are above such tactics. Granted, the officating is always in question. High profile games allow no other consequense. That said, I commend these two teams for playing the game of football and not the streetfighting, anything goes, tactics that went on last night.

By saying 'hated rival', I was not referencing unsportsmanlike play, or implying negative connotations towards either’s coaching tactics towards or relationships with each other. These teams may respect each other, but that doesn't necessarily mean they like each other. I suppose I used the phrase for fodder on the fire, especially due to the ramifications of the game. Also, I assure you I am not a Tennessee High fan, Cap and THSViking04 would tell you that; I'm a Dobyns Bennett graduate and part of the Indian faithful, with a leaning towards Sullivan North. I even nulled voted in my own poll. I guess that would leave me even questioning why I follow the Rebels and Vikings. Oh well, I am a tricitiessportsfan. Glad to hear Phillips and Beedle will be ok.

I just wanted to clear that up.

Comp, good luck to you and yours Friday night.

It is obvious the Vikings are hitting their peak at just the right time. The Rebels played the worst game of their season last night. There were pluses but overall it was a poor performance. It was a good thing to get the cobwebs out before Halloween. I don't think either side will be seeing this game any other way but a dogfight. This will be game of the year in NET. DB would have trouble with the Vikings at this point in the season.

For the past three weeks the Vikings have been playing tremendously well. Tyler Harmon currently has a completion rate of about 72%. It has been a long time since I've seen the Vikings throw completions to seven different players in one game. The running game is strong and will stay that way for a few more years. Freshman Orlando Gammon has played in the past three games and currently has two rushing touchdowns. It's great to see a lot of younger guys out there playing, but the Vikings really haven't had a choice this season.

The Rebels are the heavy favorite and rightfully so. This game should be closer than the past few Rebel games. The Viking secondary is suspect especially with Pendleton reinjuring his arm. I believe South will go for the jugular several times just to see if the Vikes are vulnerable.

This one is for all the marbles, so Coach Stubbs will be willing to leave that playbook open all night long. The fake punt inside the Viking endzone comes to mind. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

South 34 THS 21

I know Rebel fans will find it odd that I start this thread, but after a last minute decision to forgo the Tennessee High @ Sullivan Central game to attend the Sullivan South @ Elizabethton game, (sorry Cap, my buddy didn't want to watch a Cougar massacre just because of his wife, /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />) my laurels have been changed. My opinion of the Rebel program, that had been made negative by some posters on these boards, was changed by the players on the field, as it should have been based on to begin with. Congratulations to the Rebels for their victory, staying within your game plan on offense and capitalizing with points off Elizabethton's mistakes is to be commended. I was troubled, however, to see #10 Clint Phillips and #72 Hunter Beedle leave with injuries. Any word?

I wish both teams a great week of practice and safe travels this Friday, fans included. It will be a good one, /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />.

I dont know what bone, but YES Matt Pendalton #20 re broke him arm( another bone )

THS has donr a great job without him, even though he is a big loss for us again.

THS will fight a close one

South-35

THS-38

1. Can South remain unbeaten in the regular season?

2. Can the Vikings spoil the season for the Rebs?

3. Can South stop the THS offense?

4. Can THS stop the South offense?

5. Which Defense will rise and Dominate?

6. Will they be a empty seat in the house?

7. Which air attack will steal the show?

8. Will the winner be determined by the Line?

9. Which line will dominate?

This is what its all about, last game and its on the line! I love High School Football!!!

1. yes

2. no

3. I hope so

4. don't think so

5. South

6. No way, better get there early

7. Have to go with South

8. The battle is always won in the trenches!!

9. I believe South's will!

To very fine teams will bust heads this friday to see who will win the MLC! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

A very storied THS football program and a hard nosed and aggressive South team!!

I will be there friday night, Lord willing and the creek dont rise!

SOUTH 42

THS 21

ROCK ON REBEL NATION!!!

Winner of THS-South game is 1st

Loser of THS-South game is 2nd

Sullivan North will be 3rd as long as they defeat JC... if JC wins then JC will be 3rd while North will take 4th

Elizabethton will be 4th as long as North wins Friday.

Thank you.

Just like it's supposed to be.....wait and see. It all comes down to the final games of the season. God, I love high school football. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />