Sullivan South @ Tennessee High

Mountain Lakes Championship Game  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Mountain Lakes Championship Game

Okay, I'll play along. Give me 3 reasons why you are better now than you were earlier in the season. When I compare scores such as we beat SH 28-19, you lost 6-24..........we beat Erwin 56-6, you won 27-23..........we beat East 56-14, you won 20-14.......we beat North 48-0, you won 21-19...........I start to think Waco could be right. I do however realize that games are played with emotion on a field, rather than by comparing scores on a piece of paper. So, 3 reasons.................

The last statement you made is true, and you are going to see just how true it is Friday night. Look??¦you can spin this anyway you want but you played Elizabethton last week and we played them the week before. It was total domination from the opening kickoff for the Vikings. Keenan ran for 11+ yards a carry at will! No disrespect but Betsy had nothing for us this year. I for one thought that with Fletcher and the new guy it was going to get even worse in the South game??¦but to my surprise they did fairly well against you guys throughout most of the game (I was listening to the radio). And to answer your question??¦intensity, play calling, injuries, and blocking assignments are all things that I feel have contributed to what the Viking team has morphed into at this point. Injuries have also allowed us to establish some much needed depth in certain positions such as halfback, and secondary. And once again I??™d like to say that I??™m over the Rebel Rag thing. If you guys want to wave it around like a bunch of moronic rednecks then by all means have at it. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I will remind you that the Maryville team is also known as the Rebels...how many of them rags did you see flying around on their side of the feild? Like I said it takes more than just wining games to earn respect. They win a lot of games also but there are MANY other contributing factors that earn that program the respect they get. I really thought that with all the hype about the Red Rebels last year that you guys would have had your note pads out. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Then I thought about who I was talking about, and knowing you guys the way I do??¦you probably thought you were going to go up their an teach them Maryville boys the lesson of the South!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last statement you made is true, and you are going to see just how true it is Friday night. Look??¦you can spin this anyway you want but you played Elizabethton last week and we played them the week before. It was total domination from the opening kickoff for the Vikings. Keenan ran for 11+ yards a carry at will! No disrespect but Betsy had nothing for us this year. I for one thought that with Fletcher and the new guy it was going to get even worse in the South game??¦but to my surprise they did fairly well against you guys throughout most of the game (I was listening to the radio). And to answer your question??¦intensity, play calling, injuries, and blocking assignments are all things that I feel have contributed to what the Viking team has morphed into at this point. Injuries have also allowed us to establish some much needed depth in certain positions such as halfback, and secondary. And once again I??™d like to say that I??™m over the Rebel Rag thing. If you guys want to wave it around like a bunch of moronic rednecks then by all means have at it. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I will remind you that the Maryville team is also known as the Rebels...how many of them rags did you see flying around on their side of the feild? Like I said it takes more than just wining games to earn respect. They win a lot of games also but there are MANY other contributing factors that earn that program the respect they get. I really thought that with all the hype about the Red Rebels last year that you guys would have had your note pads out. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Then I thought about who I was talking about, and knowing you guys the way I do??¦you probably thought you were going to go up their an teach them Maryville boys the lesson of the South!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

There were more Rebel flags at that game than you could shake a stick at! Heck, houses in the surrounding community had them above the American flag on the pole! As a matter of fact, we look forward to having them over to our house for Thanksgiving dinner this year. But, as for this game, you can come up with all sorts of "stats" to make you feel better BEFORE the game, but afterwards you can take the paper they were written on and wipe your butt with them after we beat the................well, see you Friday.

There were more Rebel flags at that game than you could shake a stick at! Heck, houses in the surrounding community had them above the American flag on the pole! As a matter of fact, we look forward to having them over to our house for Thanksgiving dinner this year. But, as for this game, you can come up with all sorts of "stats" to make you feel better BEFORE the game, but afterwards you can take the paper they were written on and wipe your butt with them after we beat the................well, see you Friday.

You must have gotten turned around and ended up in a trailer park somewhere in Knoxville!! From what I??™ve been told the schools administration has made it a point not to embrace such a controversial symbol as the confederate flag. We were there just 4 short years ago and I don??™t remember seeing it atall the entire trip??¦especially at the game.

You must have gotten turned around and ended up in a trailer park somewhere in Knoxville!! From what I??™ve been told the schools administration has made it a point not to embrace such a controversial symbol as the confederate flag. We were there just 4 short years ago and I don??™t remember seeing it atall the entire trip??¦especially at the game.

They get around it by coloring them a bit different.

I??™m obviously not ???third party??? Comp, but if you want a conformation of how both teams do against a comparable opponent at this point in the season, you need not go any further than the stats form the Elizabethton games in comparison.

Offensive totals:

South 5-12-0 for 83 yards passing / 44-263 yards rushing / 346 total yards.

THS 4-7-1 for 97 yards passing / 62-427 yards rushing / 524 total yards.

Defense totals:

South allowed 57 yards rushing, 176 yards passing, for 234 yards total. (Elizabethton did not score in the fourth quarter of this game).

THS allowed 98 yards rushing, 85 yards passing, for 183 yards total. (Two scores and most of the offense from Elizabethton came in the fourth while reserves where in. Elizabethton??™s only score against the first team was an interception run back for a TD). That's not my opinion...those are the fact. Take it or leave it.

What were the field conditions in that game Cap? Pour rain the entire first half w/ people slipping making cuts or really hard to catch a wet ball in the passing game? Real hard to compare those 2 games with the weather difference between the two on game day IMO.

SOUTH 35

THS 28

I think this game will be alot tighter than most think. I think we will slow Sheppard but I dont think he can be stopped.

Cap, I just found it, go read the "13 reasons to hate Maryville" thread that was hot a couple of months ago. Pretty funny stuff about the flag issue. You also spoke before knowing the facts. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> The reason you see them at South games is because you hate South. The reason you didn't see them vs. Maryville is because you were scared to death and probably had tears in your eyes! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Cap, I just found it, go read the "13 reasons to hate Maryville" thread that was hot a couple of months ago. Pretty funny stuff about the flag issue. You also spoke before knowing the facts. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> The reason you see them at South games is because you hate South. The reason you didn't see them vs. Maryville is because you were scared to death and probably had tears in your eyes! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

What page would that be on? Make it a little easier to find. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

It was a South victory and TN High proceeded to lose to Volunteer the next week. What's your point?

point is ...your prediction don't hold water..just like last year.

What were the field conditions in that game Cap? Pour rain the entire first half w/ people slipping making cuts or really hard to catch a wet ball in the passing game? Real hard to compare those 2 games with the weather difference between the two on game day IMO.

SOUTH 35

THS 28

I think this game will be alot tighter than most think. I think we will slow Sheppard but I dont think he can be stopped.

wet conditions... just like your game was.

I don't hate South, I hate a bully /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ...but you may be on to something with the tears thing. By the way what are the facts? I can't look right now because im getting ready to get off work. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I don't hate South, I hate a bully /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ...but you may be on to something with the tears thing. By the way what are the facts? I can't look right now because im getting ready to get off work. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You know what you have to do to a bully, don't you? There's only one way to shut them up. That's why all the DB fans can talk trash around here to all of us little schools but then they go get spanked by somebody with just as many kids as they have when they hit the playoffs. I don't see them talking any trash to anyone on the other side of Greeneville. I hate to say it but neither one of us can either but hopefully that will change next year when Maryville is up where they belong. Anybody east of Knoxville right now is only fighting to make it to the quarterfinals. Sad fact, but true.

Hey rebeltothecore, interested in what you consider to be the key to victory for your team. Wondering if that would be some "profound" thinking on your part. Also, would like to get your take on player matchup. Who's got the best players? Be interested in your "profound" reply.

Face it guy, rebeltothecore destroyed you. You named off a bunch of obvious "keys" to winning games. You can't highlight questionable areas on your team and say "if they step up." His reply to yours was hilarious. Why can't you laugh like everybody else? Take him out to a nice steak dinner or something to make up for it.