Sullivan South @ Tennessee High

Mountain Lakes Championship Game  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Mountain Lakes Championship Game

Fletch' told me that after the game that Young #5, the LB'ers and most of the D line came up and gave congrats'. Kudos to the Vikings for being a class act. The officiating had it's moments but then so it did last year in Death Valley. The Vikings never said a word about it last year. They took it in stride. We must do the same. To be honest, we really did not know where we stood until Friday night in the Castle. We thought we had what we now know we have but we weren't sure. So now the '08 Rebel season begins.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been sitting here for 10 minutes trying to figure out something witty to say to make this CROW go down a little easier but the plain and simple truth is that South was just BETTER /sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" /> . Better prepared, better on offense, better on defense, you executed better, better on special teams, BETTER OFFENSIVE GAME PLAN...you were just better. I do have to give props to our defensive crew. Holding an offensive that is as skilled and dangerous as the one South possesses to 28 points is called doing your job in my opinion. We just couldn't get ANYTHING going with our Keenan left Keenan right offensive game plan. After watching the last three games our OC seemed to be lettin em swing IMO. Needless to say...somebody must have hit him between the legs with a two by four before the game Friday night! To go from opening up with a go route down the sidelines for 6 on the first play of the game against Central to what we witnessed in the first half of the game Friday is very disappointing to say the least. I hope we/HE straps it back on this week or we can expect the usual results we normally have when playing MoWest...regardless of how good they are expected to be. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY VOLMAN!! No chance we could go double or nothing if we should meet in the later rounds...is it? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I've been sitting here for 10 minutes trying to figure out something witty to say to make this CROW go down a little easier but the plain and simple truth is that South was just BETTER /sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" /> . Better prepared, better on offense, better on defense, you executed better, better on special teams, BETTER OFFENSIVE GAME PLAN...you were just better. I do have to give props to our defensive crew. Holding an offensive that is as skilled and dangerous as the one South possesses to 28 points is called doing your job in my opinion. We just couldn't get ANYTHING going with our Keenan left Keenan right offensive game plan. After watching the last three games our OC seemed to be lettin em swing IMO. Needless to say...somebody must have hit him between the legs with a two by four before the game Friday night! To go from opening up with a go route down the sidelines for 6 on the first play of the game against Central to what we witnessed in the first half of the game Friday is very disappointing to say the least. I hope we/HE straps it back on this week or we can expect the usual results we normally have when playing MoWest...regardless of how good they are expected to be. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY VOLMAN!! No chance we could go double or nothing if we should meet in the later rounds...is it? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

The cool thing about Cap is he doesn't hit and run like several of the posters on CoachT. But remember Cap, all this crow and the signature is your own fault. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well my god, Cap speaks!

If you didn't speak on your own today, I was gonna smoke ya out! Kudos on going through with the signature. South blue looks good on you. If you wanna jump over real quick to the Champ's bandwagon, now would be a good time. The Inner Circle won't give you TOO hard of a time.

Cap, what can I say? You are a man of your word! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> That's what makes this so fun, if you dish, you better be able to take. You can do both and I respect you for it! You know I'm always game for some more fun. If we meet again, and I think we will, you know I'm all in! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Well my god, Cap speaks!

If you didn't speak on your own today, I was gonna smoke ya out! Kudos on going through with the signature. South blue looks good on you. If you wanna jump over real quick to the Champ's bandwagon, now would be a good time. The Inner Circle won't give you TOO hard of a time.

NOt so fast, Rebel...Man---------he's got to show up in his rebel cheerleader skirt and Stars&Bars thong. I don't think he's quite ready for that!!!!!!!!!!!

Cap, what can I say? You are a man of your word! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> That's what makes this so fun, if you dish, you better be able to take. You can do both and I respect you for it! You know I'm always game for some more fun. If we meet again, and I think we will, you know I'm all in! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

You should hhave specified a red font. Chill Cap just revvin' you.

Props to you for keep your word. Your OC obviously didn't watch the Sullivan North game. He must have seen the stats of us giving up a few rushing yards and not realized those yards were given up by the JV squad. That crow sauce you were cooking outside the gates on the home side must have been getting cold quickly because I saw most of your crowd leaving in the 3rd quarter. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> seriously though, what's up with half of your stands being empty to begin the game? It seemed like our fans had you all outnumbered 2 to 1. At least we can pull for each other for a couple of weeks while we battle the 5 creeks conference

Well??¦here we are. I don??™t know about you guys (and you too Mom Taylor) but I knew we would end up here again this year. And believe it or not I think we made it through this week will minimal hurt feelings??¦so far??¦ /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> and I contribute that to the mutual respect that these two teams and their fans (whether we want to admit it or not) have developed for each other. So NOW??¦it??™s time to put-up or shut-up!!!! I don??™t do predictions of my own team but I will tell you that especially after going to the senior week activities last night and getting to talk to all the players??¦I FEEL GOOD ABOUT THIS GAME. They know what to expect and they know what they need to do. AND??¦they know that if they don??™t do these things??¦this could (and probably will) get ugly. But the same can be said about the other side. Wildcat??¦after thinking about it??¦I was very tempted to run that Rebel Rag up the flag pole last night. After talking to the boys last night, seeing that first thing in the morning would have without a doubt set the tone for tonight. I even had the flag lined up??¦but my wife seriously threatened to divorce me??¦and said that I was taking this football thing way to far. I asked her if I could have some time to think about it??¦ /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Oh yea??¦we practiced the shaking of the hands with the Captains last night??¦and we also installed a beeper on the PA system so that if the students start one of those offensive cheers, we can beep out the trash talking parts. We certainly don??™t want to offend the Angels in the stands or all those Choir Boys on the field for the Rebels. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Good luck to all and let??™s hope the officials let us play tonight!!!

So Mama Taylor wants to know if you got your answer to the smack talk to should I break Friday's game down for ya? Just ribbin' ya, Cap. You know know you're my fav! MamaTaylor

Props to you for keep your word. Your OC obviously didn't watch the Sullivan North game. He must have seen the stats of us giving up a few rushing yards and not realized those yards were given up by the JV squad. That crow sauce you were cooking outside the gates on the home side must have been getting cold quickly because I saw most of your crowd leaving in the 3rd quarter. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> seriously though, what's up with half of your stands being empty to begin the game? It seemed like our fans had you all outnumbered 2 to 1. At least we can pull for each other for a couple of weeks while we battle the 5 creeks conference

Our fan base(personally I have a better name for'em /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> )Are an arrive late and sit on your hands and leave early crowd. Our kids played their guts out and deserved allot better support. And I did sit on our side for the game. Big mistake /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> stood up and yelled on a big hit..people turned and looked at me like I had the plague or something. Going back to the visiting side were i might end up on my head one of these days ,but i,m still gonna yell for my team and get allot less looks for doing it /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> . It's really sad when you would rather swap recipes or talk on a cell phone than support your team. But I guess everyone doesn't take it as serious as I do.

If this offends any of our fans then..GOOD...you should be ashamed!

And the guys on here know i'm not talking about them.

Our fan base(personally I have a better name for'em /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> )Are an arrive late and sit on your hands and leave early crowd. Our kids played their guts out and deserved allot better support. And I did sit on our side for the game. Big mistake /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> stood up and yelled on a big hit..people turned and looked at me like I had the plague or something. Going back to the visiting side were i might end up on my head one of these days ,but i,m still gonna yell for my team and get allot less looks for doing it /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> . It's really sad when you would rather swap recipes or talk on a cell phone than support your team. But I guess everyone doesn't take it as serious as I do.

If this offends any of our fans then..GOOD...you should be ashamed!

And the guys on here know i'm not talking about them.

I agree with you couchqb. It seems to me that alot of our "fans" come to see and be seen. They are totally unaware of how hard our boys work year round to prepare for these games. There are the proud supportive parents, grandparents and other relatives of boys on the team that do more than their fair share of cheering on the team. I actually witnessed some people earlier in the year while playing East wanting East to win sitting on our side and they have a student that attends THS but isn't a player. I really think our cheerleaders could do a much better job of getting the crowd involved and it would help if the band didn't sit so far away in the endzone, too!!