Millington vs Cordova..

It was a great game, there were just some very questionable calls by the zebras that ended up hurting the Chiefs. I think if Cordova plays the run as they did against Craigmont, then Millington should have no problem running their Buck Sweep, their Trap, and even their FB Dive. I think Cordova has the players to slow down the Millington attack, it's just a matter of scheme and execution. Last week, we had alot of success running the ball, as shown by the opening drive of the 3rd quarter. Craigmont went 96 yards in 10 minutes and didn't throw the ball one time. Cordova didn't give up any big plays, but 4-5 yards a pop is all that was needed. As I said before, Millington may do quite well running, especially having Tysean Holmes running at them. I also think that on the offensive side for Cordova that they could have some success throwing the ball. They have a QB with a very good arm, he just needs to make his reads and let that arm loose. All that being said, I think Millington comes out on top as long as they limit the turnovers.

As far as Whitehaven, thanks for the good luck. We may need it. They are a very good football team, and we gotta go play them at their place. I think this game will be decided in the trenches. Whichever team can win the battle up front should have the upper hand. Losing the battle up front is what cost Craigmont against Ridgeway. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Still got one more week to go, and after Overton caught Arlington by surprise, it shows that you can't look past anyone at anytime.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great game, there were just some very questionable calls by the zebras that ended up hurting the Chiefs. I think if Cordova plays the run as they did against Craigmont, then Millington should have no problem running their Buck Sweep, their Trap, and even their FB Dive. I think Cordova has the players to slow down the Millington attack, it's just a matter of scheme and execution. Last week, we had alot of success running the ball, as shown by the opening drive of the 3rd quarter. Craigmont went 96 yards in 10 minutes and didn't throw the ball one time. Cordova didn't give up any big plays, but 4-5 yards a pop is all that was needed. As I said before, Millington may do quite well running, especially having Tysean Holmes running at them. I also think that on the offensive side for Cordova that they could have some success throwing the ball. They have a QB with a very good arm, he just needs to make his reads and let that arm loose. All that being said, I think Millington comes out on top as long as they limit the turnovers.

As far as Whitehaven, thanks for the good luck. We may need it. They are a very good football team, and we gotta go play them at their place. I think this game will be decided in the trenches. Whichever team can win the battle up front should have the upper hand. Losing the battle up front is what cost Craigmont against Ridgeway. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Still got one more week to go, and after Overton caught Arlington by surprise, it shows that you can't look past anyone at anytime.

Overton is a team every year you say they should be better than their record. Craigmont rushes at will on Overton and wins big going into Whitehaven with momentum. Don't give up the big pass play against Overton.

Sounds like you are leaning to a Millington blowout.... Is that what I am hearing?

If Cordova hits as hard as Craigmont, will Millington be able to hold on to the ball this time? Also need to factor in the Cordova offensive guru Coach Dee Alsbrook (sp) calling the plays. I can see the game being low scoring and I can see it being a high scoring game. Either way both teams should be able to advance to at least the second round before getting any sort of a test from Region 8.

i see Cordova Over top of Millington. The coaching staff is amazing at cordova and the time and effort they put in give them the edge at the beginning. Cordova has more to overcome but i know the wolves will show up. Hallows Eve and Wolfpack Stadium will be a heck of a game. If cordova can do what they have been doing O and D wise the game is won.

Cordova 34 Millington 21

i see Cordova Over top of Millington. The coaching staff is amazing at cordova and the time and effort they put in give them the edge at the beginning. Cordova has more to overcome but i know the wolves will show up. Hallows Eve and Wolfpack Stadium will be a heck of a game. If cordova can do what they have been doing O and D wise the game is won.

Cordova 34 Millington 21

I see things the opposite! Millington has an amazing caoching staff that puts a lot of time and effort into their job.Second, Millington probably puts more time and effort into it than any team.I've seen these boys tired and exausted after practice and sprints, then go into the weightroom and lift their butts off! I see Millington Putting a good game plan together and if they execute, they will come out on top.

If Cordova hits as hard as Craigmont, will Millington be able to hold on to the ball this time? Also need to factor in the Cordova offensive guru Coach Dee Alsbrook (sp) calling the plays. I can see the game being low scoring and I can see it being a high scoring game.

Either way both teams should be able to advance to at least the second round before getting any sort of a test from Region 8.

AustinIdol,

The loser of this game will have a very tough time with Region 8s 3rd-place team, in the 1st round!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

They will get tested, bigtime. Count on it.

AustinIdol,

The loser of this game will have a very tough time with Region 8s 3rd-place team, in the 1st round!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

They will get tested, bigtime. Count on it.

I would have to disagree on this one. Millington absolutely handled Colliervillle in week 5. And collierville has had a lot of close games with its region opponents. So to say they Either team will have a very tough game s out the window.

I see things the opposite! Millington has an amazing caoching staff that puts a lot of time and effort into their job.Second, Millington probably puts more time and effort into it than any team.I've seen these boys tired and exausted after practice and sprints, then go into the weightroom and lift their butts off! I see Millington Putting a good game plan together and if they execute, they will come out on top.

I have seen the very same from the boys at cordova. It will be a very good game. both teams are very well prepared and i think it will come to how many turnovers happen and how many big plays develop. Cordova has a very good defence. And the combination of Shaw, Baker, and Cleaves is deadly.

I dont see cordova putting over 14 points on millington... Look at Cordova's schedule and how many points were allow against some of these teams below. I see millington winning 35-14..

Fri Aug. 22 at Evangelical Christian L 12-21

Fri Aug. 29 Holly Springs,MS W 42-29

Fri Sep. 5 Memphis Central R W 35-12

Fri Sep. 12 at Bolton R W 7-3 Way too close of a game and if cordova is that potent they should have dominated bolton.

Fri Sep. 19 Memphis Overton R W 20-8

Fri Sep. 26 Arlington R W 41-22 Way to many points allowed

Fri Oct. 3 Ridgeway N R Halle W 24-0

Fri Oct. 17 at Bartlett R W 27-6

Fri Oct. 24 Craigmont N R at Raleigh Egypt W 21-19 to many points allowed

millingtonfan

Sometimes points allowed can be a little deceiving. All year long Millington's starters have hardly played at all in the second half. So when you have the second and third teams out there against the number ones of the other team then points are going to be allowed which makes it seem like it might have been a closer game. If I am not mistaken, Cordova was up 41-0 in that game vs Arlington.

On the other hand, the fact that Cordova struggled with Bolton speaks volumes. So does the win vs Overton (only 20-8). Cordova also gave up almost 200 yds rushing to Craigmont and Millington held them to 65. What does all this mean? Nothing. The saying goes...there are lies, darn lies and statistics. Throw everything out the window.

Last game of the regular season for the region championship?!! It just doesn't get much better than that. Cordova is trying to make a statement that they are for real. Millington is trying to do the same after people thought they would drop off after graduating 23 seniors. This ought to be a heck of a ball game. Everyone is invited to "Trick or Treat" at Cordova Friday night at 7 PM.