Gordonsville @ Clay County

croz6110

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Celina beat Monterey pretty handily? Gville barely squeeked out

of Monterey with a win??? Gonna be tuff to beat the bulldawgs at home...

Yes, Celina did beat Monterey pretty handily, but it was a 14-12 game at the start of the fourth.

So, it wasn't as dominating as you would think by looking at the score.

Gville can get it done.

Yes, Celina did beat Monterey pretty handily, but it was a 14-12 game at the start of the fourth.

So, it wasn't as dominating as you would think by looking at the score.

Gville can get it done.

I will always be a Tiger fan. I am pulling for them to win. However, it all depends if GV shows up to play an entire game. The fire is missing. Dont seem like it matters to majority of the players. To win you must have the fire, or heart as its commonly known. This is not the worse team GV has ever fielded. I have chatted with a former GV player in his early 30s. He said they only won 2 games one year. I watched his game films. It was pretty much what you are seeing now from this team. A few wanted it and the rest was just there. I attribute it to no leadership. You could tell from the first couple of games there was none. I hoped they would gain some but, it hasnt happened yet. They have play makers. But its a team effort. Playing 5 man football is not going to get it. If they made a rule no girls wearing jerseys, I ponder how many would remain next year. I know I am grasping for straws trying to determine why they have no fire, or care to show any pride in their team. I imagine the coach is pondering the same thing. Dang this looks like a slam to GV. But its hard to watch a Tiger team just give games away. I hope the entire team reads this and decides its time to prove me wrong. Play an entire game and not in spurts. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I will always be a Tiger fan. I am pulling for them to win. However, it all depends if GV shows up to play an entire game. The fire is missing. Dont seem like it matters to majority of the players. To win you must have the fire, or heart as its commonly known. This is not the worse team GV has ever fielded. I have chatted with a former GV player in his early 30s. He said they only won 2 games one year. I watched his game films. It was pretty much what you are seeing now from this team. A few wanted it and the rest was just there. I attribute it to no leadership. You could tell from the first couple of games there was none. I hoped they would gain some but, it hasnt happened yet. They have play makers. But its a team effort. Playing 5 man football is not going to get it. If they made a rule no girls wearing jerseys, I ponder how many would remain next year. I know I am grasping for straws trying to determine why they have no fire, or care to show any pride in their team. I imagine the coach is pondering the same thing. Dang this looks like a slam to GV. But its hard to watch a Tiger team just give games away. I hope the entire team reads this and decides its time to prove me wrong. Play an entire game and not in spurts. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't disagree.

I think alot of it may have been the lower expectations this year, and then all those kids left the team, which made the expectations lower. Not sure.

All I know is that they can beat Clay Co.

Most don't give us a chance, but if we play like I know we can, we'll be heading to South Pitt next week.

I've seen both teams this year and let me tell you this will be a battle!!! Either team is capable of winning this game and on top of that it's at the dog pound. That makes it even harder for the tigers!! I hope the tigers can get it done. Work hard this week boys and make your town proud with a big win and don't be the first team since 1992 to miss the playoffs. My prediction is Gville 21 CC 20