Gordonsville @ Clay County

croz6110

I've seen both teams this year and let me tell you this will be a battle!!! Either team is capable of winning this game and on top of that it's at the dog pound. That makes it even harder for the tigers!! I hope the tigers can get it done. Work hard this week boys and make your town proud with a big win and don't be the first team since 1992 to miss the playoffs. My prediction is Gville 21 CC 20

no offense, but you know as well as I do that Celina is not really considered a hostile environment. Last time I was there to play a game, Gordonsville had probably 3x the amount of fans there and the field is in horrible condition. I wouldn't really give Celina a home field advantage other than the fact that Gordonsville has to make the 1.5 hour journey up there.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will always be a Tiger fan. I am pulling for them to win. However, it all depends if GV shows up to play an entire game. The fire is missing. Dont seem like it matters to majority of the players. To win you must have the fire, or heart as its commonly known. This is not the worse team GV has ever fielded. I have chatted with a former GV player in his early 30s. He said they only won 2 games one year. I watched his game films. It was pretty much what you are seeing now from this team. A few wanted it and the rest was just there. I attribute it to no leadership. You could tell from the first couple of games there was none. I hoped they would gain some but, it hasnt happened yet. They have play makers. But its a team effort. Playing 5 man football is not going to get it. If they made a rule no girls wearing jerseys, I ponder how many would remain next year. I know I am grasping for straws trying to determine why they have no fire, or care to show any pride in their team. I imagine the coach is pondering the same thing. Dang this looks like a slam to GV. But its hard to watch a Tiger team just give games away. I hope the entire team reads this and decides its time to prove me wrong. Play an entire game and not in spurts. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It maybe a problem this year, but with your head coach, I can guarantee than it will not be a problem for the long haul. Best of luck this week to Coach Moose as his team fights for a playoff spot

no offense, but you know as well as I do that Celina is not really considered a hostile environment. Last time I was there to play a game, Gordonsville had probably 3x the amount of fans there and the field is in horrible condition. I wouldn't really give Celina a home field advantage other than the fact that Gordonsville has to make the 1.5 hour journey up there.

when is the last time you have been to celina's field. I promise you it will be one of the better ones you all have played on this year.

coach moose iz tha best coach i eva had

he iz strict

he iz fair

he has high expectaions

he breaks down film betta than any-1 i played 4 in hs or in college

he knows football

he left ohs b-cuz he loves ur program

may-b u gordonsville fans need 2 step it up a notch in the support department

e-z 2 support when u win

playas in a down year dont forget who wuz there in the stands

& who aint

if they dont have fire or heart

may-b b-cuz u dont have any either

i aint talkin 2 u croz man.

u hangin in there by urself

Coach Brown at Clay County works his butt off on that field and its pretty darn good now. Your right it was pretty crappy a couple of years back, but he has already really improved it in his short time there. As for Gordonsville's fans your absolutely right they always travel with a great crowd. Clay County's fans have been "no shows" at their home games of late. I'm not really sure why. The Bulldogs are 6-3. If the folks don't come out to see their boys fight Gordonsville for a playoff spot, something they've had only once in the last ten years, then they just don't care about football anymore. Celina used to have great fans, and many of them are still there, but in 2003 when they moved to their new facility they lost some of their fans. I'm not sure why. I guess they liked the old field better, or it could have to do with the fact that Clay County wasn't very good there for a while. They are gradually getting better though. Hopefully the masses will return to their games. As far as this game goes I pick Clay County by a few points. I know its not much of a prediction, but there it is. I think the Bulldogs have better skill position players than the Tigers, while the Tigers are better in the line. That's not taking anything away from Woodmore, he's a great back, but I'm leaning toward the Bulldogs in this one.

he iz strict

he iz fair

he has high expectaions

he knows football

e-z 2 support when u win

& who aint

Then it must be me you are talking to. Obviously you dont know me. If you did you would understand I have a right to speak about heart. Also you would know, I know heart when I see heart. Heart is an individual decision. No matter if the stands were empty or packed. The will to refuse to give up is a trait that you should take with you through everything you do in life. Thats part of what football teaches emerging adults. Along with leadership, and working along with others in a team effort to accomplish a mission. If you dont learn it in High School, you best join the military and learn it. Because this world is very cruel and unforgiving. Heart promotes confidence. If you dont have that in this day and time the world will eat you alive. I also think Moose is a fine coach. He can lead a mule to water but he cant make him drink.

So, Pick up your rock up and cast it at someone else. I am not a target for your internet follies. Also I didnt use cell phone text style to answer you. I can spell. Theres you some heart. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well said MO$$$$$$$ ... Moose will bring out the best in our team if he's given the chance, no one loves G-ville Football more than Moose, not even the "big MM" as I've stated in previous post, MM did the team a favor when he made that call. Dillard was leaving regardless, so why not do the most logical thing and bring home the MOOSE??

As far as the fan base following G-ville, it's always been big, will continue to be big .. so everyone may as well get ready and fire up the grill, they come hungry too.

I've seen the Clay County field, it's nice. Wish they'd work on the field the JR high plays on, especially the visitors bleachers, can't see for the players and believe me, the crowd comes to watch. G-ville played Celina on Celina's 8th grade night and still have more fans there.

and once more ...

GO TIGERS!!

he iz strict

he iz fair

he has high expectaions

he knows football

e-z 2 support when u win

& who aint

I don't think anyone is ready to run the new Coach out of town. Everyone knew expectations were very grim this year so a playoff appearance would actually exceed expectations IMO. I will support the Gordonsville Tigers for life, but I am a realist in saying that I don't think that this team has the leadership on it to lead a surge against Celina in winning this game an stealing a playoff spot. I will them all the luck but it is going to take a couple of seasons for Coach Marshall to instill all of his philosophies and principles, and just as much time for the players to buy into them. I just think the streak ends at 15 straight seasons for playoff appearances. But best of luck to the Tigers! I hope they prove me wrong, but from watching 2 games this season, I just don't see any passion (except on the 2 pt. conversion to beat Monterey).

The Bulldogs moved to a new field in 2003. Your right the old one was pretty worn out. They still play Jr. High there though.

then I stand corrected and reserve no opinion on the current state of the field as I have never been to it.