Feb 20th

Semifinals

1 vs winner of 4 and 5

2 vs winner of 3 and 6

Feb 23rd

Finals

Friday losers in Consolation

Friday winners in Championship

Times and brackets officially set after next weeks games.

PTS, where is the district tourney this year?

or anyone who knows..

District tournament will be held at Jefferson County High School in Dandridge.

The region tournament will stretch from Feb. 27 - March 4. The opening round for girls will be Feb. 27 (Friday) at the site of the higher seed.

The semi-finals and finals of the region tournament will be March 2-4 (including boys and girls) and will be played at Dobyns-Bennett High School in Kingsport.

Substate games will be held on March 7 (Saturday) at the site of the higher seed (basically, the winner of a region tournament will host).

State tournament in Murfreesboro is March 11-14 (and that is girls only..boys play the following week).

Ok,

We have been playing pretty sloppy lately so I am going to throw an upset out there for Jeff County. They are going to be ready to play! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Ok,

We have been playing pretty sloppy lately so I am going to throw an upset out there for Jeff County. They are going to be ready to play! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Ok,

Senior night for Jeff County. They will still have at least one game left on their home court, so it might not be as emotional as usual. Last regular season home game for Lauren Lyke, Chelsea Whiteside, Jordon Batey, and Rachael Manis. The first three have been Varsity players for thier whole HS career. Have fun tonight ladies, you deserve it! Unfortunately, I will be watching my first born playing baseball, so Cindy and I will only be there in spirit.

I can only hope that the Nutty Butty hasn't been partaking of spiked walnuts....

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Difficult game for the Lady Red tonight on the road. All schools will have to deal with the weather and being out of a routine - we are still out of school today. Haven't really been challenged since West 3 weeks ago. What could make this interesting is that there is a good chance that CCHS and GHS will play again in a couple of weeks after the play in game, though with tournaments you never know.

Morgan has played her best ball this season in the past couple of weeks. If she makes shots and doesn't throw the ball in the stands, we are a much better team. To be competitive tonight, we must rebound well and not give up second chance points, we can't let Nicole have 25+ points, and we have to make shots. The Lady Red continue to reach goals - getting 20 wins, and winning at both East and Cherokee - something that no one on this team has done. I heard that 24 wins is the most wins in school history, but don't know if that is accurate - if so, then that would be 4 more wins with 5 guaranteed games to go, though at G'ville and at Heritage are on the schedule.

Don't know if a loss might not help though - get their attention back on Wade b/c we just seem at times to be going through the motions with some petty bickering going on. Just don't know b/c I don't think losses in Feb. are good unless you can learn fast from them. Even though I have been around girls bb for a while, I have a whole new respect for coaches after this year as we are playing at such a higher level than we have played before. X's and O's are only part of the game. The mental and emotional side of the game - from boys to playing time, to just getting along and to just being nervous as well as parents - is just so demanding for a coach. A good coach is so much more than just someone who knows basketball. And it does have an impact on the court. Then, again, maybe its just the end of the season and the pressure of the tournament is starting to build. Who knows? I do know that we need to play competitive basketball tonight and, win or lose, I expect that we will. Sorry for rambling

Look forward to a good game tonight.

Important game tonight in the Devils' den...looking forward to it! The Lady Devils are playing great ball right now and morale is UP! They seem to have resigned themselves to the loss of Kelley and are growing into what they are now. I have been impressed with how Coach Crumbley seems to be less uptight and you can tell it's affecting the girls positively. Seems like they are really enjoying the game, having fun but still giving it their best effort. Makes for a good combo.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Not fair weather. about the same posts for me as last year on here. West is number 1. and CCHS is 2 unless we, GHS takes it from them. Tough early schedule and pleased with the wins and losses.

Lost Brianna Kelly to a knee and the team had to take 3 steps backward. They seem to be making their adjustments.

GHS goal should be the same as CCHS get that bye to Regions and play hard. Should be a good game.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Adjustments kicking in: GHS 55 - CCHS 47

And then Greeneville goes to Volunteer and loses...and Stacia was ejected from the game.

Cocke County has to correct their style of play and lack of execution, among other things in a hurry. Their 20+ win season all hinges on one game in 13 days (the likely 2-3 semifinal game with Greeneville). You can't go on the road and expect to win in the region quarterfinals.

Cocke County hasn't played well in a couple of weeks, despite winning. It all showed last night, as they had 3 assists in the game. They average 12-13 a game this season. Their lack of rebounding was astonishing last night. Seemed like they were going through the motions.

One note.. I've seen a lot on here with people doing their fair share of griping about the officiating in the conference (which uses the Smoky Mountain Association). However, it seems ironic, both girls coaches that have been ejected have come from the Tri Cities Association and one of the Knoxville Associations. Maybe everyone on here who thinks its much better off everywhere else may see differently...

Ok,

make sure you do not predict anymore games because your predictions stink. on a serious note you really do a bad job of commenting on west games and i dont understand why you always state "we" when you mention them because i know you dont play for them or support them because you are always negative or give an off the wall prediction or comment. just curious?