IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shannon has a positive test for Mono and a negative test for Mono. so today there going back to the Doc for another test If it is worst case shes on the backside of this and its not going to be 4 weeks until shes going again.

Best case its not even Mono and shes playing when she feels up to it. Shannon of course is extremely upset at the chance she cant help her team for district.

Folks just send prayers......No more rumors of dread diseases Ok?

Ps I got approval to post this from the family . Just wanted to stop wild speculation

The latest and final AP Poll is out and the Morristown West Lady Trojans have taken over the #1 positon in AAA. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congratulations to Coach Galyon and his squad. I believe that is the first time a school from Morristown has been ranked number 1 in basketball. At least as far back as I can remember. Certainly been a great season for the Lady Trojans. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congratulations Lady Trojans and Coaching Staff. Now comes the hard part of staying focused and taking one game at a time. Again congratulations and go take care of business in district, regional, sub-state, and state. GO LADY TROJANS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congratulations Lady Trojans and Coaching Staff. Now comes the hard part of staying focused and taking one game at a time. Again congratulations and go take care of business in district, regional, sub-state, and state. GO LADY TROJANS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congratulations to Taylor Hall...a finalist for AAA Ms. Basketball 2009! What a great kid, and so deserving. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congratulations to Taylor Hall...a finalist for AAA Ms. Basketball 2009! What a great kid, and so deserving. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congratulations to Taylor Hall and to all her teammates who helped her to become a finalist for Miss Basketball. She couldn't have done it withoou you!

My All Conference team:

When you look at this, you need to know that:

A: I am not using a predetermined # of players from a school

B: I have seen a limited # of games this year, so some of my opinions are going to be based on what many of you have said on here, and what I have seen in previous years.

1st team: This is by position I would play them at:

1 - Buda- Cocke County

2 - Goins- M West

3 - Depew - Cocle County

4 - Dickson - Greeneville

5 - T Hall - M West

2nd tean:

1- Fanney -M West (this was the closest position to pick)

2 - I don't think there is another "true" all star 2 guard in the conference, so I am going to pick two 3's. Maybe Hale at East qualifies...

3 - Shipley - Greeneville, Lewis - Cocke County ( and I could have picked Smith from West)

4 - Leeper - M East

5 - Ryans - Cherokee

Okay - I am an easy target - tell me where I am wrong... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

My All Conference team:

B: I have seen a limited # of games this year, so some of my opinions are going to be based on what many of you have said on here, and what I have seen in previous years.

1 - Buda- Cocke County

2 - Goins- M West

3 - Depew - Cocle County

5 - T Hall - M West

2nd tean:

2 - I don't think there is another "true" all star 2 guard in the conference, so I am going to pick two 3's. Maybe Hale at East qualifies...

3 - Shipley - Greeneville, Lewis - Cocke County ( and I could have picked Smith from West)

4 - Leeper - M East

5 - Ryans - Cherokee

Okay - I am an easy target - tell me where I am wrong... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

actually not bad! particularly 1st team! good job /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My All Conference team:

1 - Buda- Cocke County

2 - Goins- M West

3 - Depew - Cocle County

5 - T Hall - M West

2nd tean:

4 - Leeper - M East

5 - Ryans - Cherokee

I would agree with you also on the first team. My only problem, like yourself, would be to decide between Buda and Fanney at point guard. I also really like Nelson from Jeff. I think that three of the best point guards in the state are in the IMAC. In the games that I watched, I would also have Smith in there on the second team and probably Shipley over Lewis. You couldn't go wrong with any of the three, though.

Also, after looking at the finalist for AAA Miss Basketball between Taylor Hall, Jasmine Hassell, and Jasmine Lewis, if I had a vote, it would go to Hall. I love her game. Solid in every area.

Does anyone have any updates on Depew? Just wandering if she would be playing in the tournament this week.