IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

That is girl is an absolute joke if you are referring to the one that played for Lausaunne in the Ladies Classic over Christmas break down in Greeneville. She's quick but thats about it. She could not finish around the basket , no perimeter jumpshot . I would take about 5-7 girls out our conference before i would even think about giving here a look.

I don't say I absolutely know something very often, but I do know that Lauren Avant was very sick during the entire Ladies Classic. If you've ever watched her play, she is a skilled competitor and will be a great add to UT's program. Lauren is really one of those naturally great players. I only wish that some of you could watch her play AAU ball because she is the real thing!

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job! I would switch Fanney and Buda, first and second team, and I think you have to have Kelly Smith on there. Just my opinion. I have seen every team play at least twice.

I saw a lot of Kelly Smith last year, and was really impressed. She didn't have real good games against Jeff last year, but that was because Jeff was determined she wasn't going to beat them, so they stuck my daughter on her and had her stay on Kelly no matter what. I saw Shipley at our place this year, and she was the difference in the 1st half for Greeneville, and I have always liked Courtney Lewis' game.

The scary thing about my first team is that save for Nicole, they are all Juniors. I think Kelley or Shipley make a run at first team next year, but Ryans couild improve enough to push Taylor to the 4 position. And Dez Huff at Jeff County is a comer.

Like Rob said, I would like my chances coaching that team.... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Statistically, Buda outperformed Fanney in every category.

PTS - the reason my decesion was so difficult was that they play the same position, but are asked to do different things for thier teams. Fanney doesn't have to score, she is like the 4th or maybe 5th option most times. Buda is really a "scoring" point guard. And you will point to assists, but West has had so many blowouts, when you couple that with thier style of ball, where the don't play half court offense as much as Cocke County does, that will mitigate some of Fanney's stats.

I took Buda in a tight decesion. I would love to have either one. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

PTS - the reason my decesion was so difficult was that they play the same position, but are asked to do different things for thier teams. Fanney doesn't have to score, she is like the 4th or maybe 5th option most times. Buda is really a "scoring" point guard. And you will point to assists, but West has had so many blowouts, when you couple that with thier style of ball, where the don't play half court offense as much as Cocke County does, that will mitigate some of Fanney's stats.

I took Buda in a tight decesion. I would love to have either one. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Looks like a good list to me...The girl from Jeff could be put on the second team with Fanney even tho they both play PG

Any thoughts on the district tourny??

Any more news on Depew?

Looks like a good list to me...The girl from Jeff could be put on the second team with Fanney even tho they both play PG

Any thoughts on the district tourny??

Any more news on Depew?

With or without Depew, Cocke County should have no problem with Cherokee tonight. The next game should be a little tighter, but I say Jefferson gets the win by about 8 or 10. You just never know which Morristown East Team will show up. I predict Nelson to be the difference in the game to give Jeff the win.

By the way, when I listed the finalist for AAA Miss Basketball, I named the girl from Bartlett, Jasmine Lewis, but her name is Jasmine James.

With or without Depew, Cocke County should have no problem with Cherokee tonight. The next game should be a little tighter, but I say Jefferson gets the win by about 8 or 10. You just never know which Morristown East Team will show up. I predict Nelson to be the difference in the game to give Jeff the win.

By the way, when I listed the finalist for AAA Miss Basketball, I named the girl from Bartlett, Jasmine Lewis, but her name is Jasmine James.

Jeff beats East in overtime

My All Conference team:

When you look at this, you need to know that:

A: I am not using a predetermined # of players from a school

B: I have seen a limited # of games this year, so some of my opinions are going to be based on what many of you have said on here, and what I have seen in previous years.

1st team: This is by position I would play them at:

1 - Buda- Cocke County

2 - Goins- M West

3 - Depew - Cocle County

4 - Dickson - Greeneville

5 - T Hall - M West

2nd tean:

1- Fanney -M West (this was the closest position to pick)

2 - I don't think there is another "true" all star 2 guard in the conference, so I am going to pick two 3's. Maybe Hale at East qualifies...

3 - Shipley - Greeneville, Lewis - Cocke County ( and I could have picked Smith from West)

4 - Leeper - M East

5 - Ryans - Cherokee

Okay - I am an easy target - tell me where I am wrong... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Your first team sounds pretty good, but both games this year one on one the Nelson girl from Jeff has out performed Fanney. She doesn't get the recognition of the other 2 guards in my opinion due to not playing on a State ranked team. I watched her tonight against East and she led her team down the stretch and hit a 3 pointer with no time left in regulation to send the game into overtime. Jeff went on to win the game and will play West friday. Congratulations to Taylor Hall on being a finalist. Great player.

Semi finals:

West vs. Jeff Co --- Jeff has some momentum after their overtime victory tonight over East, but they will need a little more than that against a very talented team in Morristown West

Greeneville vs Cocke County --- Both teams split during the regular season and both teams are facing some of the same problems (injuries & sickness). This one could come down to whomever is motivated enough to play an entire game and don't expect it to be settled with a coin toss.

The best thing for all four of these teams is that they all are headed to the regionals and you've got to like their chances against district 1 (especially since DB lost in the quarter-finals).

Jeff County's road is a little harder due to an injury bug that has them playing with only 7 players, and really two 1/2 post players.

Dez Huff's eye/nose area was operated on last week, and she is done for the year. Madison McWilliams has a sprained ankle, not sure when she will return, she was walking with the aid of a crutch tonight. And in what can only be termed as fighting with the heart of a warrior, Lauren Lyke played tonight on what many fear is a torn miniscus (sp?). She played in spurts, but she was very determined to keep Kayla Orick away from the basket, and did a terrific job for her team tonight. It proved once again that you can make a huge contribution without taking a shot.

The other two seniors, Jordan Beaty and Chelsea Whiteside also had some great moments tonight, and the three of them should be proud that they helped their team overcome the injury problems and earn a regional berth. The whole team gave great effort tonight, and pulled one out of the fire versus a determined East team that pounded the ball inside all night against a height disadvantaged Lady Patriot team.

Nice job by the Lady Chiefs tonight against a very talented and deep Lady Red. Thought the lady chiefs probably had their best effort since before Christmas and had the Lady Red in their sights until well into the 4th quarter. Without seeing the stats, the Lady Red had to have had one of their better shooting performances and their bench really made a big difference.

RR.....I got my wish.....Thought the Lady Chiefs finished on a positive note. I agree with your opinion of Ryans. A real talent who late in the season began to show that in addition to her post play, she actually has pretty good range as well. She will be fun to watch over the next two years. I know that with only losing two seniors, the lady chiefs have a much stronger couple of years ahead of them.

Nice job by the Lady Chiefs tonight against a very talented and deep Lady Red. Thought the lady chiefs probably had their best effort since before Christmas and had the Lady Red in their sights until well into the 4th quarter. Without seeing the stats, the Lady Red had to have had one of their better shooting performances and their bench really made a big difference.

RR.....I got my wish.....Thought the Lady Chiefs finished on a positive note. I agree with your opinion of Ryans. A real talent who late in the season began to show that in addition to her post play, she actually has pretty good range as well. She will be fun to watch over the next two years. I know that with only losing two seniors, the lady chiefs have a much stronger couple of years ahead of them.

CCHS was 4-of-11 from 3... they probably hadn't made four three-point shots in their last 3 or 4games combined...

Best of luck in the upcoming softball season...