IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

CCHS was 4-of-11 from 3... they probably hadn't made four three-point shots in their last 3 or 4games combined...

Best of luck in the upcoming softball season...

Suggs hit that three to start the game, and I turned to my wife and said "If Suggs is hitting threes, this is going to be a tough night for Cherokee".

There is something about the way that Cocke County plays... They win ugly. That is not meant as a detraction, but they have this habit of getting up 10 or 12, and then all of a sudden, it is a 5 point game again. They throw up a shot, it bounces around, several people have a chance at it, and suddenly someone for Cocke County hits a 5 footer. Maybe what I am looking for is the word crisp. They are not crisp. But they win, and you don't get style points.

Cherokee is well coached, and will be much improved next year, although I was impressed with how Whitney Gilbert played last night. I like it when they have both of their big, young posts in there together. Ryans can handle it well enough to play away from the basket, and the whole team plays very determined. Young miss Price does not get rattled easy, and she is the heir apparant to the point guard legacy being deveoped by Fanney, Buda and Nelson. Ryans is benefitting from her AAU playing. She is dramaticly better with the ball then she was prior to her freshman year.

Did anyone else see Livesay push his player onto the court last night? I want to think he was just trying to get her back on the court, but it didn't look good, and she gave him a withering look.

PTS - I too wondered if when East called timeout with 8 seconds left if they were going to let Jeff County get up the court a ways, and then foul. Whitney Kyle did a great job of screening Leeper off of Nelson to allow her to get the shot off.

One last comment - I watch these games, and East has Orick, Cocke County has 3 6 footers (or bigger), Cherokee has 2, West has 2, Greeneville has Nicole, and poor Jeff County has almost nobody near 6 foot. I have said for years that our water must have some isotopes in it that stunts growth.....

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suggs hit that three to start the game, and I turned to my wife and said "If Suggs is hitting threes, this is going to be a tough night for Cherokee".

There is something about the way that Cocke County plays... They win ugly. That is not meant as a detraction, but they have this habit of getting up 10 or 12, and then all of a sudden, it is a 5 point game again. They throw up a shot, it bounces around, several people have a chance at it, and suddenly someone for Cocke County hits a 5 footer. Maybe what I am looking for is the word crisp. They are not crisp. But they win, and you don't get style points.

Cherokee is well coached, and will be much improved next year, although I was impressed with how Whitney Gilbert played last night. I like it when they have both of their big, young posts in there together. Ryans can handle it well enough to play away from the basket, and the whole team plays very determined. Young miss Price does not get rattled easy, and she is the heir apparant to the point guard legacy being deveoped by Fanney, Buda and Nelson. Ryans is benefitting from her AAU playing. She is dramaticly better with the ball then she was prior to her freshman year.

Did anyone else see Livesay push his player onto the court last night? I want to think he was just trying to get her back on the court, but it didn't look good, and she gave him a withering look.

PTS - I too wondered if when East called timeout with 8 seconds left if they were going to let Jeff County get up the court a ways, and then foul. Whitney Kyle did a great job of screening Leeper off of Nelson to allow her to get the shot off.

One last comment - I watch these games, and East has Orick, Cocke County has 3 6 footers (or bigger), Cherokee has 2, West has 2, Greeneville has Nicole, and poor Jeff County has almost nobody near 6 foot. I have said for years that our water must have some isotopes in it that stunts growth.....

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Too bad none of the Peck children stayed in town to give Jeff County any offspring. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

CCHS was 4-of-11 from 3... they probably hadn't made four three-point shots in their last 3 or 4games combined...

Best of luck in the upcoming softball season...

Did Depew play last night? If so, how did she play. If not, is she expected to be back for Regions? /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Anyone who follows East know if they were instructed to foul Nelson before she was able to shoot in the final eight seconds of regulation?

nope, samantha hit both freethrows to make it a 3 point game, 8 secs with only 4 team fouls and they were pulled all the way back into a sagging man-to-man and allowed Haley to come down and perform one of jeff kyles favorite shooting drills.

What a moron that posts ignorant things like that.

This team has lost 8 or 9 close ball games due to poor free-throw shooting. If they hit on those free throws then they have maybe 3 or 4 losses. Then where do you complain at? As we all know teams have difficulties at times and some have them more than others. These coaches have had very good teams and this year is just a matter of making missed free throws and not having a key player go out with an ACL injury.

Coach Crumbley I hope you read only the positive comments on this thread. You have my support with many others! No need to leave, we welcome you here and hope you stay.

As for the Coach Duncan thing I believe your way off. Coach Duncan knows that his players made a bad choice and he knows there had to be consequences. Now I personally don't agree with the consequences for any of the spectators, however I am not the prinicple of the school. They made a decision in the best interest of teaching yound individuals a lesson. Hopefully these students can learn from it and become better individuals, wich is what Coach Duncan and Coach Crumbley are all about!

Your just creating false hope for Jefferson. They have some great players and as young as they are, they will be in the mix for the next couple of years, but West is way too good for them to even come close to tonight. No amount of motivation, movies, or misssions will help as West is as determined to make a strong run as any team I have seen in a long time. West by 15!

West wins 57-52

West wins 57-52

I was off on this one for sure. Jeff played a great game with a lot of heart. 3's were falling for them everywhere. I think they had at least 11. West was a little flat tonight also. I guess after having 10 days off it was taking a while to get in the groove again. It ought to be 2 great games on Monday: Jeff and Greeneville in the consolation and West and Cocke for the Championship. When all is said and done, I pick the 4 seeds to be (1)West, (2) Cocke, (3) Jeff, and (4) Greeneville.