IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad and disappointing end to GHS' season. It was a good run on a very tough schedule. I know great teams have to adjust to adversity but I can't help but wonder how we would have done if we had been able to use Kelley all season. I don't think we really ever fully adjusted to not having her; her defensive skills would have been key last night (and many other late-season games), not too mention the double figures she usually scored.

Leaving the IMAC is going to be hard also but we are leaving knowing that our little AA population school can compete respectably with the big ones (SH is twice our size) but it's difficult to do so wondering if we could have had a different outcome healthy. Well, on to the AA - BRAC (Blue Ridge Athletic Conference) next year...hope we can keep some out-of-conference games and rivalries on the schedule with the IMAC.

Best Wishes to Morristown West! Take it all the way!!!

MoWest is as focused now as I have seen them, playing smart and strong. They have 5 on the floor who are ALL a major scoring threat. They have come together and it is obvious they are totally focused on one game at a time. Hate it for the rest of the IMAC. Never thought that would happen. GO LADY TROJANS!!!!

I thought the IMAC would have at least 3 playing for the title...Central is playing well right now...But West certainly has to be the favorite to take the Regional title.

To all Greeneville, Cherokee, Cocke County and Jefferson County fans...I know Kingsport is a long way to drive, especially when you're teams have had a disappointing end to the season. But please, if you can..come out to the Dome and help cheer the Lady Trojans to a region title! If nothing else, do it for the IMAC! Being the only team left, West High is going into a hornets' nest. Every game will be like a road game, so come give these girls some support!

In an unexpected loss, Powell downed Westby two. it's been a good year.

Great year for the lady trojan basketball program. You represented the IMAC well both this year and tonight. It's tough to see any team get beat this late in the year. No doubt you will be the program to beat next year. Congratulations and work hard this summer.

I am proud Of MW accomplishments and it was not even close to who was the best team in the IMAC, it was WEST. However I think Coach Crumbley, Burkey and GHS are to be given some cuodos for 5 straight trips to the states. West proved it is not always that easy to get there even when you are very good.

Again congrats to West on their number 1 ranking and their excellent level of play for the the 2008-09 season.

I am proud Of MW accomplishments and it was not even close to who was the best team in the IMAC, it was WEST. However I think Coach Crumbley, Burkey and GHS are to be given some cuodos for 5 straight trips to the states. West proved it is not always that easy to get there even when you are very good.

Again congrats to West on their number 1 ranking and their excellent level of play for the the 2008-09 season.

Agreed! MW seemed to have had a fairy tale season but just not the fairy tale ending everyone predicted. The way things shake out doesn't always make sense. The fact that THS is representing our region after losing to MW by almost 30 is kind of hard to understand. But GHS lost to them by that much back when the injury bug hit us so I guess people would be saying the same about us if we had made it that far.

It would have been great for GHS to make it for the 6th straight year (especially in our last year in the IMAC) but alas, the stars were not in alignment for us this year. Our girls took hit after hit after hit and just could not recover.

Best wishes to THS. They are going to be entering a whole new world at the State level...hope they represent well.