IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

And then Greeneville goes to Volunteer and loses...and Stacia was ejected from the game.

Cocke County has to correct their style of play and lack of execution, among other things in a hurry. Their 20+ win season all hinges on one game in 13 days (the likely 2-3 semifinal game with Greeneville). You can't go on the road and expect to win in the region quarterfinals.

Cocke County hasn't played well in a couple of weeks, despite winning. It all showed last night, as they had 3 assists in the game. They average 12-13 a game this season. Their lack of rebounding was astonishing last night. Seemed like they were going through the motions.

One note.. I've seen a lot on here with people doing their fair share of griping about the officiating in the conference (which uses the Smoky Mountain Association). However, it seems ironic, both girls coaches that have been ejected have come from the Tri Cities Association and one of the Knoxville Associations. Maybe it isn't that much better off everywhere else??

Yeah, so much for my earlier post about coach being a little less uptight, /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> . Oh well, she does have passion and fire especially when she feels things aren't being done right -- clock issues, foul imbalance, her own team's mistakes, etc...

And you are right, CC didn't look very unified last night or maybe they underestimated the Lady Devils after the rocky road we have been traveling lately. Hopefully, we hit one last big bump tonight. Even with the wierdness that happened at Volunteer, the girls are still successfully adjusting and are determined to finish strong in the conference and tournament play. They are a super group of young ladies on and off the court and they can do anything they set their minds to.

As for the referee situation, maybe it's like the flu epidemic, it's spreading to the next region... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

make sure you do not predict anymore games because your predictions stink. on a serious note you really do a bad job of commenting on west games and i dont understand why you always state "we" when you mention them because i know you dont play for them or support them because you are always negative or give an off the wall prediction or comment. just curious?

Good points...but when your daughter is a starter on the team, they feel like the can use the "we". I could not believe when it was shared by one of the freshmen's parents that she does not even watch the games. If I was a parent of a kid with as much potential as toughnut's daugher, I would support with more positives.

3 IMAC coaches tossed in one season. 2 in the last 2 weeks now. What two games will Crumbley have to sit out? It seems our conference officials may not be so bad after all.

If the GHS schedule stays the same, Stacia will miss the Morristown East game on Tuesday and then the North Greene game later in the week.

Congrats to G'ville for Friday's game against CCHS. If you were not there, do not be deceived by an 8 point game. We were soundly and throughly beaten. If not, for some unexpected good outside shooting from the Lady Red, this would have been a 20 point loss. While I don't have a stat sheet in front of me, these are the numbers I heard. 3 assists, no baskets made and only a few attempted inside 6-7 feet and out rebounded 36-15. We were out muscled, out hustled and out played. We played with little desire. Very, very disappointing game. I posted 3 things had to happen to win: rebound and not give up second chance points - maybe half of Nicole's points were second chance points - she alone equaled our rebound total. We had to hold Nicole under 25 - she had 29. We had to make shots. On the outside we did, but didn't make anything underneath. My confidence is a bit shaken, b/c this team has played hard from game 1, but did not at all Friday. We played with the mood that we have been in. Didn't play well at Cherokee, starters until the end of the game. Didn't play well against G'ville.

Hopefully, the attention will get off the "I" and back on Wade and "the team." If ever there was some Nikki Anoiskie Senior Leadership needed, now is the time.

Don't quite agree that we are down to a one game season, yet. Remember, these seniors girls were a 1 win team as Freshmen and won the play-in game against a very good Jeff Co team - the Kyle girl's (at Carson Newman)senior season. So anything can happen. But I do totally agree, if we are facing the rubber game against G'ville, it will be a season making/breaking game - b/c we have gone on the road for the Regional 1st game the last two years and played well and lost. And it appears that the top end of District 1 is getting stronger.

I also want to say that in watching G'ville play the past 4-5 years and having seen them 4-5 times this year, I have always thought that they played hard w/o alot of emotion - almost like robots, like they expected to win and everyone to roll over. That was not the case on Friday night. They displayed lots of emotions, high fives and laughter - very much like a team. Very supportive of each other. I really like that very much. On the other hand, maybe they were too emotional and thus the lost the next night - I don't know.

To briefly shift gears, on Monday night, the Lady Red will say thank you and good bye to 3 seniors - Alex Suggs, Courtney Lewis and Kelsey Lloyd. In the 4th grade, these 3 helped win a rec league championship; in the 5th grade, with the help of Megan Cleavenger (South Greene and now Mars Hill), I don't think they lost on the 5-6 grade team at Newport Grammar; in the 6th grade, Shannon and Morgan joined forces with these 3 to have another great season on the 5th-6th grade team. In the 7th grade on the 7th-8th grade team, they lost 3 games in the County Elementary league - all 3 to M. Cleavenger's Bridgeport team. The next year at NGS, with Shannon and Morgan, they had a 21-0 season and won the County championship game by 45 points and the best games that year were the two scrimmages with Nicole and GMS. We were so strong that year, the county kicked out Newport Grammar which allowed Shannon and Morgan and Nicole Ball and Jayla Lane's 8th grade team to win the Small Middle School District and Sub-Regional championships. Alex and Courtney made the Varsity team as freshmen at the beginning of the year, and Kelsey would join them by Christmas - all became starters during the year. They won 2 games that year and have been mainstays on the Lady Red since winning 18 games each of the past two years. This week Valedictorians were announced and this year there are 3 at CCHS - Alex and Kelsey are two of them and I think Courtney will be in the Top Ten. Courtney has some desires about continuing to play basketball and Kelsey, providing her complete recovery from ACL surgery, has settled in on playing soccer which will be announced soon.

I have 2 sons on either side of Kelsey who have played sports on all levels through college. There has been a joy to be with my boys and their endeavors. But there is something very special that daddies get to share with their girls on the athletic fields. From tears of joy over winning and celebrating to tears of sadness over losing and injury; from the hours of kicking soccer balls, traveling all over East TN or just rebounding free throws; from the endless lessons of strategy and sportsmanship, to just enjoying being with your daughter on a ball field and being grateful that through sports in a difficult age and transition in her life, she allows me to be part of her life. Just the hours spent in a car driving back from a game and conversing about the game and life, is just special times. Playing ball was fun, being a parent of one who plays ball, is so much more. It has never been about wins and losses, just play hard, do your best and have fun. We may or may not make that ultimate goal of getting to M'boro, but what an incredible ride it has been for me. Thanks, sissy, for letting those bonds run deeper and for letting me in your life at such a wonderful time in your life. What a joy! A toast to Ricky Suggs and Gary Lewis who have shared these years together with me and our three girls. We three will be the emotional ones on the court tomorrow night.

However, the season is not over and it is time for our girls to show some leadership - all three of them.

Sorry for the very long post.

Well said LadyRedFan. You have reminded us what it's really all about, the time and lessons of building quality character in our daughters to carry forward into this world. I rejoice to see that there remains a few good Dad's around. One of the greatest titles I have ever earned.

Great!!!!

2007 and 2008, Jeff County plays at Cocke County on Homecoming Night. Huge crowd, lots of student envolvement, etc. 2009, Senior Night? Great!!!!!!

That was in jest. There is never a "good" time to visit the Hen House. Congrats to those ladies. I am one year removed, but have always admired how those 3 played the game.

Statman....no conversation on how Cherokee beat East? PTS, when do the coaches get together for bracketology? Barring some major upsets, I guess there will be two coin flips?

Great!!!!

2007 and 2008, Jeff County plays at Cocke County on Homecoming Night. Huge crowd, lots of student envolvement, etc. 2009, Senior Night? Great!!!!!!

That was in jest. There is never a "good" time to visit the Hen House. Congrats to those ladies. I am one year removed, but have always admired how those 3 played the game.

Statman....no conversation on how Cherokee beat East? PTS, when do the coaches get together for bracketology? Barring some major upsets, I guess there will be two coin flips?

RR,

I unfortunately missed the Cherokee/East game the other night. Not much to talk about with Cherokee Bball this year and I missed the only bright spot in the lady chief's IMAC season so far. Poor timing on my part.

I understand that the lady chiefs had to battle back from a big deficit early, and that's great to hear from this young group. With the way their season has gone, it sure would be easy to give up in the face of a big deficit like that.

So as the season winds down, my hope is for the season to end on a positive note for these girls. There are two seniors who deserve to go out on a positive note and there is tremendous upside for the younger players on this team so a strong finish would help build toward what will certainly be more success over the next three years.

statman3 and raiderray - (don't know you statman3, but raiderray and i were in the trotter group for several years)

I know the season will end positive for your girls at Cherokee, maybe not with the score, as my daughter is a lady trojan, but because they participated in a game that has taught them much, under a coach that has class. The round ball has brought them together with folks they would not have met without it, ( like me and riderray). I like Coach Price, even though she tells me every time about the game Coach Galyon ran the score up on her. She has the instincts of a mom with those girls and cares. She will have a better year in 2010-2011. Coach Galyon might have to watch for her to run the score up, but she will have to work hard!

RaiderRay, hope to see you at the post season games, bring that Kelsey back tovisit. I still have Trotter shots on the website of her as a 12 and 13. Life is a 4 lane road, as our daughter travel one lane, let us not forget that we travel another... so stay in your lane!

I failed to mention one another thing yesterday. As of last Friday, CCHS and GHS could have played their last games against each other on a regular basis. Going to an expanded schedule next year means 14 conference games for CCHS, plus I assume we will keep our games with GP, Pigeon Forge and Grainger which adds up to 20, plus a couple of tournaments gets us to 24 games. And we need a couple of Knoxville games, like Bearden or Heritage, like we have had each of the past 4-5 years. So I am not sure that we will have G'ville on the schedule. Since some of our athletic people read these posts, let me encourage the G'ville series to continue, even if we have to drop GP or Pigeon Forge. Both G'ville boys and girls are measuring sticks of how own team stands, that is why wins against them are such a big deal. Most of us have teams that fluctuant from year to year, G'ville has programs of consistency each year (yes, even after they lose Nicole). We need to play them. We need to play them, on a Friday night at home, if for no other reason, than a big gate on both ends, as we both travel well and a crowd will come to watch G'ville play. G'ville may not need our gate as much as we need them. We need 4-5 big gate games during the basketball year to pay our athletic bills b/c recent football at CCHS cannot pay the bills alone. I don't know about G'ville's restructured schedule if they could play us or not because, again I assume, that G'ville will want to keep the Mo West game first. I hope that we get to continue to play each other.