Latest AP Poll for Class 1A

FridayMainEvent

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... Cascade got a first place vote... don't know if I agree, but pretty cool for Cascade and region 5...

Don't know if I agree either. I'm guessing whoever had been giving that one vote to JB changed to Cascade. I know it isn't our beat writer. He had us at number 9 last week....Some of the locals were giving him a hard time about it..... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I don't understand why a 9-1 McEwen team hasn't received any attention in this poll. They've dominated their competition so far this season with their only loss being to the number 4 team in this poll. Any thoughts as to why they wouldn't be considered ahead of a two loss team?

I think McEwen is probably better than #9 Cosby and probably even or a little worse than Mckenzie or UC... so they are probably somewhere between 8-13 in the polls... McEwen will more than likely move into the bottom half of the polls this week with a win over JBS... but what's the polls matter then, because it's playoff time...

I would say the teams that are better or just as good as McEwen are in order...

SP

TC

Onieda

Cascade

Greenback

FCS

Manassas

UC

Wayne Co.

TCA

Jo Byrns

McKenzie

Grace Baptist

McEwen probably falls somewhere betwenn TCA and Grace Baptist...

That's probably a better top 10-13 teams than the AP... but that is opinion based obviously...

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't understand why a 9-1 McEwen team hasn't received any attention in this poll. They've dominated their competition so far this season with their only loss being to the number 4 team in this poll. Any thoughts as to why they wouldn't be considered ahead of a two loss team?

McEwen is also 8-1 btw... but I am glad you think that they will beat JBS...

You haven't made the poll because you haven't done anything to earn it.

The wins you have are against teams with a combined won - loss record of 24 wins / 48 losses.

The wins you have are as follows:

Houston Co. W 1 - L 8

WH Heritage W 3 - L6

Clark. Acad. W 3 - L 6

Community W 1 - L 8

Mid. Tn. Christ. W 6 - L 3

Forrest W 6 - L 3

Eagleville W 3 -L 6

Nash. Christ. W 1 - L 8

Not impressive. Your one loss vs Cascade 9-0. A winning record alone is not enough to get

noticed in a poll, if you play muffins.

You haven't made the poll because you haven't done anything to earn it.

The wins you have are against teams with a combined won - loss record of 24 wins / 48 losses.

The wins you have are as follows:

Houston Co. W 1 - L 8

WH Heritage W 3 - L6

Clark. Acad. W 3 - L 6

Community W 1 - L 8

Mid. Tn. Christ. W 6 - L 3

Forrest W 6 - L 3

Eagleville W 3 -L 6

Nash. Christ. W 1 - L 8

Not impressive. Your one loss vs Cascade 9-0. A winning record alone is not enough to get

noticed in a poll, if you play muffins.

I don't think he is a McEwen fan, Grunt. He is a MTCS Cougar fan who got shutout by McEwen. That may be why he was wondering.

I don't think he is a McEwen fan, Grunt. He is a MTCS Cougar fan who got shutout by McEwen. That may be why he was wondering.

That, and from the perspective of a back-to-back-to-back schedule of the undisputable top-3 teams in our region, it is difficult for us to see how McEwen doesn't belong in the same company as Cascade and JB. All played the same teams with one exception.

However, unlike college football (at least the division formerly known as D1) polls do not matter. We have play-offs to see who is the best.

That, and from the perspective of a back-to-back-to-back schedule of the undisputable top-3 teams in our region, it is difficult for us to see how McEwen doesn't belong in the same company as Cascade and JB. All played the same teams with one exception.

However, unlike college football (at least the division formerly known as D1) polls do not matter. We have play-offs to see who is the best.

True, polls in high school are useless, except for CoachT , coffee shop, etc. purposes.

If McEwen, or anyone else is good enough, they'll get their chance, starting the first

weekend in Nov. Polls are like opinions & butt-holes. We all know how that goes. LOL

the high school polls in tennessee are a joke just like the polls in ncaa football , at least we have a playoff to settle this issue, most of the voters have only seen there team play , writers that vote from east tn have never seen say cascade play they dont know anything about them, just like a writer who votes for oneida from memphis he has no clue.

but on a side not about the polls , how are they going to have them next year, 1a,2a,3a or will they rank the 6 playoff classes ?