Region 5 vs Region 6 (1A matchups)

FridayMainEvent

1st Round Winners  

92 members have voted

1. 1. 1st Round Winners

Bit of an exageration. However, MTCS has gotten ink from the Tennessean this year. The story is of interest to many (two-time state championship coach leaving big school for little school and little school improving throughout the year and making playoffs for the first time). I wouldn't expect little ol' MTCS to get that type coverage year in and year out.

Here are the Region 5 vs. Region 6 picks from the Tennessea:

Cascade over Columbia Acad.

McEwen over Mt. Pleasant

Jo Byrns over Moore Co.

Wayne Co. over MTCS

You are right -- WCHS is the only Region 6 predicted to win. However, the Tennessean has been wrong during the season and will certainly miss some this week as well.

I'm hoping one pick is wrong.

Noticed a story at DNJ.COM stating that your boys would be sporting fresh MoHawks as a show of unity for the game Friday. That should be cute.... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed a story at DNJ.COM stating that your boys would be sporting fresh MoHawks as a show of unity for the game Friday. That should be cute.... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yep... however, school dress code prohibits mohawks so now they all have really short haircuts. I tried to get the player's moms to join in to show solidarity but I didn't get any takers.

Region 5 has always been in the Tennessean's pocket. Especially this year with MTCS having a half page article almost every week but before them it had been Jo Byrns. They must get their info from Murphy and everyone knows how Murphy loves Jo Byrns and Region 5 1A. I would be suprised to see WC with any kind of a spread over the #4 team in Region 5. They will be the only team in Region 6 to be projected to win, if THEY even are.

Cascade didn't get much coverage from the Tennessean before we beat Jo Byrns. If you are south of Murfreesboro you aren't part of the Tennessean's landscape. It has always been that way... too far south for Nashville to care and too far north for Huntsville to care... no man's land... fly over country.

Yep... however, school dress code prohibits mohawks so now they all have really short haircuts. I tried to get the player's moms to join in to show solidarity but I didn't get any takers.

I can't imagine why they wouldn't go for it /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm sure you joined the "cause" right?? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Bit of an exageration. However, MTCS has gotten ink from the Tennessean this year. The story is of interest to many (two-time state championship coach leaving big school for little school and little school improving throughout the year and making playoffs for the first time). I wouldn't expect little ol' MTCS to get that type coverage year in and year out.

Here are the Region 5 vs. Region 6 picks from the Tennessea:

Cascade over Columbia Acad.

McEwen over Mt. Pleasant

Jo Byrns over Moore Co.

Wayne Co. over MTCS

You are right -- WCHS is the only Region 6 predicted to win. However, the Tennessean has been wrong during the season and will certainly miss some this week as well.

I'm hoping one pick is wrong.

it looks good from my stand point. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Region 5 has always been in the Tennessean's pocket. Especially this year with MTCS having a half page article almost every week but before them it had been Jo Byrns. They must get their info from Murphy and everyone knows how Murphy loves Jo Byrns and Region 5 1A. I would be suprised to see WC with any kind of a spread over the #4 team in Region 5. They will be the only team in Region 6 to be projected to win, if THEY even are.

Putting a little gas on the fire befor friday aint ya

GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Good luck to all in Region 5! Safe travels for everybody. Don't forget to let me know how your games are going. I'll keep my phone on!

GO CHAMPS, RED DEVILS, WARRIORS, AND COUGARS! Never thought you hear me saying that, did you?

GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Good luck to all in Region 5! Safe travels for everybody. Don't forget to let me know how your games are going. I'll keep my phone on!

GO CHAMPS, RED DEVILS, WARRIORS, AND COUGARS! Never thought you hear me saying that, did you?

We knew that you were a Region 5 Babe through and through heck I even cheer for WHH if they are playing region 6.