Centennial @ Gallatin

ambiguousrock

I would like to see Centennial pull this one out. It is hilarious to see some posters knock on a team with 7 wins in a tough region.

Of course, I am a Williamson Co football fan and want to see all of them win now that we are in the playoff season. I rooted for all of them before and Indy last year.

The one area that you might underestimate the Cougars is the Coach

oh dont get me wrong i want CHS and all other 6-5 A teams to win and i really think this will be a slugfest and the fact that CHS plays in such a tough region will help them with the win - HOWEVER as i stated 7 wins, comes vs. C North East, a weak DC team, down INDY, Columbia and ###### in RHS whom we all know is not there typical self- throw in win agaisnt weak glencliff and an average seigal- win this game i will be inpresses CHS ,

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh dont get me wrong i want CHS and all other 6-5 A teams to win and i really think this will be a slugfest and the fact that CHS plays in such a tough region will help them with the win - HOWEVER as i stated 7 wins, comes vs. C North East, a weak DC team, down INDY, Columbia and ###### in RHS whom we all know is not there typical self- throw in win agaisnt weak glencliff and an average seigal- win this game i will be inpresses CHS ,

I can hear Coach Mat's pregame speech now; "Guys, we've accomplished nothing this year but win this one and we'll impress Goldendome!!" Geez.....

Don't be so quick to dismiss goldendome, he has a point. I've watched CHS and while they have ridiculous speed, their fundamentals and discipline are suspect at best. I've posted before that the lack of D will be their undoing. The offense, no matter how great Chaz, Kemp, and McLemore are cannot continue to rely on big plays and outscoring opponents to win. Eventually it will let them down (see Franklin game). They WAY underutilize Drew Kelly. If I had him, there would be at least 10 passes thrown to him until the D proved they could stop him. With all that said, unless Gallatin has well above average speed, especially at LB, they may be in for a long night of 1-2 play scoring drives by CHS. Good luck Cougars. I would love to see you have a second shot at Brentwood this year.

Except for a couple Franklin possesions, the running game of Ford and Lee ran at will against the stout Cougar D. Yes, the turnovers gave Franklin the ball, but C-C-CHS did nothing to stop the Rebels once they did get the ball.

As for this game, if Centennial hasn't had a "signature win," then Gallatin surely has not. I'm going to have to go with the Cougars, because CHS has played a much tougher schedule than the Green Wave. I don't think Gallatin would be in the playoffs if they were in Region 6...

The only reason a statement like this is made is a huge, heavy weight on the Green Wave shoulders....every Green Wave supporter knows this one word

ALBATROSS!!

Don't be so quick to dismiss goldendome, he has a point. I've watched CHS and while they have ridiculous speed, their fundamentals and discipline are suspect at best. I've posted before that the lack of D will be their undoing. The offense, no matter how great Chaz, Kemp, and McLemore are cannot continue to rely on big plays and outscoring opponents to win. Eventually it will let them down (see Franklin game). They WAY underutilize Drew Kelly. If I had him, there would be at least 10 passes thrown to him until the D proved they could stop him. With all that said, unless Gallatin has well above average speed, especially at LB, they may be in for a long night of 1-2 play scoring drives by CHS. Good luck Cougars. I would love to see you have a second shot at Brentwood this year.

McLemore definitely graduated last year

No way this is a low scoring game. Based on the defenses of both I see it in the 30's. CHS might be a little more of a big play team but Gallatin will just beat to you death with that offensive line. By the way the Gallatin kicker was the best one I saw all year. 3 out of 4 kickoffs in the end zone against Hville and was making 45 yard field goals in the warm ups. Punter was good too, kicks it very high. Wave by 3.

No way this is a low scoring game. Based on the defenses of both I see it in the 30's. CHS might be a little more of a big play team but Gallatin will just beat to you death with that offensive line. By the way the Gallatin kicker was the best one I saw all year. 3 out of 4 kickoffs in the end zone against Hville and was making 45 yard field goals in the warm ups. Punter was good too, kicks it very high. Wave by 3.

Centennial's kicker, Austin Bass, has hit 75% of his kickoffs for touchback all year, including one starting from the 25 in the Franklin game.

This is an interesting game. And I hate to assume anything before playing a region 6 team, but if Centennial's defense isn't phenomenal, then it could be a long night for them. Because Gallatin will make plays, and not every one of CHS's drives will consist of a big play. Contrarily, Gallatin will likely have several long sustained drives. And Gallatin will make plays on defense. Granted, a big play will be given up every once in a while. I'm actually not incredibly worried about the CHS quarterback. One good thing about being in region 5 is that we see a barrage of wildly mobile qb's all year. Gallatin lb's will stay at home and make plays. I do expect this one to be a high scoring affair, but if Centennial is as one person said earlier "suspect" when it comes to discipline..... Then this will look very similar to the Gallatin/Antioch game. Their qb made RIDICULOUS scrambles, but Gallatin's defense only broke once giving up a big play. By the way, I believe this is the first time all year that the Green Wave offense hasn't scored 30 or more points in 2 consecutive games. These guys are scoring machines, and they'll be back on track this week. The Holder/Matthews duo will have 300 all purpose yards and 4 td's in this game. Gallatin wins 35-24.