Centennial @ Gallatin

ambiguousrock

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are expecting a pretty decent crowd. There are two spirit buses leaving from school tomorrow to the game full of only students. Plus parents and teachers, we are expecting a pretty good crowd. I heard thru the grape vine that a game at yalls stadium is really intense! The fans are pretty much on top of the players, im sure our cougar players will love that atmosphere! We were told to expect over 5,000 people total in the place, thats great! but to the game

Cougars 35

Wave 28

shoot out style!

We are expecting a pretty decent crowd. There are two spirit buses leaving from school tomorrow to the game full of only students. Plus parents and teachers, we are expecting a pretty good crowd. I heard thru the grape vine that a game at yalls stadium is really intense! The fans are pretty much on top of the players, im sure our cougar players will love that atmosphere! We were told to expect over 5,000 people total in the place, thats great! but to the game

Cougars 35

Wave 28

shoot out style!

That's great, I love that kind of atmosphere. It is a very old school stadium and you are right on top of the game. I hope ya'll bring half of Williamson County. I have already talked to several and they will be there at 5 so it could get packed. Typically it fills up after kickoff with the start time of 7:00. I can remember several playoff games that weren't full at kickoff but by the second quarter it was standing room only.

FYI CHS fans. Gallatin fills their side of the stadium so many of their fans will sit on the visitors side. They are not trying to start anything, it's just the way it is..... but they will talk and get rowdy so keep your cool, alittle trash talk makes it fun.. Good luck Cougars, Represent Region 6!

FYI CHS fans. Gallatin fills their side of the stadium so many of their fans will sit on the visitors side. They are not trying to start anything, it's just the way it is..... but they will talk and get rowdy so keep your cool, alittle trash talk makes it fun.. Good luck Cougars, Represent Region 6!

For the most part and I can't speak for everyone...but the trash talk is limited. From about the south side 40 back to the end zone is ALL Gallatin. Your band has the north end what ever is left tends to be the visitors. You will have sprinkled in with you several Gallatin fans.

So I haven't talked alot on here this week (Its been one of the most hectic weeks of my life). And this will likely be my last post until after the game:

To the entire Centennial Football Program: This has by far been the most memorable season in school history. Regardless of what happens tomorrow night, let me say again that you guys have made me proud to be an alumni of Centennial High School.

To Coach Mat and the rest of the Coaching staff: thank you restoring spirit and excitement back into this school. Anytime I go back for a game and see the atmosphere, I always think about my senior year and where this program was. You guys took what many believed was a dying program and made them into a legitimate power in a matter of two years.

To the Players: None of this would be possible without you guys. You can have all the spirit, all the support, and all the coaching in the world, but its nothing if you don't have the heart and soul to compete. Alot of you guys have been part of the past staff, part of the 1-9 season and the drama that followed , watched teammates come and go. To overcome all that and have this kind of performance shows toughness. And look where you are now. You guys made this season happen. It was your hard work and dedication that got you here.

Remember, the season's far from over, there's still that little matter of the state championship. Just like the regular season, its one game at a time. Stay smart, stay focused, stay disciplined.

There is alot of speed across the board for both teams. From what I've seen and heard, CHS has a slight speed advantage, while Gallatin has a slight size advantage up front. The key to this game is to spread out some of that size and put more emphasis on speed.

This should be a great game. First playoff game in 5 years and the community is pumped. Unfortunately I wont be there, but I have people keeping me updated. Good luck and lets show the state of Tennessee what Centennial is capable of.

Hope all of ya'll Centennial fans have a safe trip to Gallatin. Should be an exciting game.

Yes, in a few short hours the second season will begin. Wave fans, come early, be loud, be proud!!!!

May the "G" force be with you!!! Green Wave Pride!!! Where Winning is the Tradition!!!!!

C-Ya at the "Waveyard"!!!!!

Yes, in a few short hours the second season will begin. Wave fans, come early, be loud, be proud!!!!

May the "G" force be with you!!! Green Wave Pride!!! Where Winning is the Tradition!!!!!

C-Ya at the "Waveyard"!!!!!

know there has been some smack tal all in good fun but you are right game day -

best of luck to both teams , be healthy- to all fans have a safe trip up I -65

Alright, I'm currently at the game, I'll give pretty frequent updates, for anyone who cares.

BTW, it took me nearly two hours to get here, because I'm an idiot.

Centennial got the ball first, currently at midfield, just over a minute gone in the game.

Scales fumbles, Gallatin recovers with 10:27 left in the 1st.

EDIT: At the end of 1 quarter, the score is 0-0, with Centennial driving.

The 1st featured decent drives stopped by penalties, and resulted with punts.