#8 waverly vs. #1 Lewis Co.

waverly seems to be a litle more focused after friday. the tigers know the task that is ahead of them with a great lewis co team. they will come out and try their gosh dangdest to win for the loyal faithful fans. would love to see more fans there with me rooting the tigers on, but i don't expect it because a big part of humphreys county seems to not care about athletics much anymore (what a shame)! tigers remember that jimmy v said to never give up.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well papa, things could get interesting on this board the rest of the week. Could be alot of trash talking done, I think the main question is: If the Panthers win, are you going to join us? If you recall, ddaddy and I said it would be great to have a fan like you on our side. Not saying LC will win, but if they do - will you come over to the dark side????

YES!!!! If they win, I'm a Panther fan for the rest of the year. DEAL?

YES!!!! If they win, I'm a Panther fan for the rest of the year. DEAL?

Deal, and make no mistake - the Panthers know they ARE NOT playing the same Waverly team. Most of us in Hohenwald know the true story of the Camden game, we know the score is VERY deceaving and that you guys were just a drive away from tying Camden. Honestly, all this talk about the Panthers overlooking the Tigers is completely unfounded, they are focused and as I have said before, know since the Hickman Co. game last year that noone can be overlooked. It should be a good game, but if we do win, we will be glad to have you on our side!

Deal, and make no mistake - the Panthers know they ARE NOT playing the same Waverly team. Most of us in Hohenwald know the true story of the Camden game, we know the score is VERY deceaving and that you guys were just a drive away from tying Camden. Honestly, all this talk about the Panthers overlooking the Tigers is completely unfounded, they are focused and as I have said before, know since the Hickman Co. game last year that noone can be overlooked. It should be a good game, but if we do win, we will be glad to have you on our side!

Do you have me a LCHS shirt XXL?

I figured you'd be pulling for SC...

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Yeah, sure. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

CONGRATULATIONS Waverly players and coaching staff for making it to the show! Anybody that tells you you can't beat LC has not measured your heart. I talk a lot about heart here on CoachT and you have heart...it was evident against Camden.

The scores for SC and Waverly against Camden were remarkably close. Halftime CC 21 Waverly 7. Halftime CC 21 SC 3. Later...CC 42 Waverly 21. Later CC 42 SC 18. Waverly finished their game very strong and were in the game until the end. SC had first and goal on the CC 5 yd line with 9 minutes to go and a score would have made it a 35-25 game. Instead, and interception turned it into 42-18.

Here's the point...giving up the big play or making mistakes killed the both of us. If we can both eliminate mistakes and NOT give up the big play we can both win. You don't make it to the show without earning your spot to be there. Sure, we both know what the "chalk" says. But, like I've said here before, the "chalk" does not measure the heart of a team.

Here is another point that was evident in both of our big games with CC. We both came expecting to win. We were not intimidated. We both showed up and we both left it all on the field.

We expect to see Waverly in the second round. We will accept nothing less!

Let's both go take care of business and represent our Region like we are capable of doing.

WE ARE REGION 7-2A!

I really do not see 21 to 3 and 21 to 7 close....Double those scores and you have 42-6(not close at all) and 42-14(not really close)! Maybe you will not accept anything different, but both teams are not favored to win their game and will havesome major problems in doing so...

i hope ur joking

I'm a Tiger fan through and through, but ddaddy and Lewis County made me an honorary Lewis County fan too. But NEVER would I cheer for them to defeat Waverly. Waverly will always be first in my heart. The only way that I'm wearing a LCHS shirt is if Waverly is out of it. So don't worry. Go Tigers!!!

I'm a Tiger fan through and through, but ddaddy and Lewis County made me an honorary Lewis County fan too. But NEVER would I cheer for them to defeat Waverly. Waverly will always be first in my heart. The only way that I'm wearing a LCHS shirt is if Waverly is out of it. So don't worry. Go Tigers!!!

i figured that, but i hope u won't have the chance to wear that shirt